Thread: http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=con

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=con

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT

Right under the bullet

• discuss exploits or behaviour that is against the terms of service of Anarchy Online. Such posts will be removed.

There needs to be an additional line break before the next paragraph. It's really bothering me.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Actually, it bothers me that the D isn't capitalized in "Discuss".

I'm also bothered that there is an inconsistent usage of paragraph spacing in that list of Don'ts. The first part has space between each item, then after the line that you referenced the spaces are no longer there.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

now that you show... there is no reference that profanity is not allowed in signatures

**** *** ***** ****!!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

However, there is a general rule that the moderators will enforce common sense and the users will not act 'like jerks.'

As the Rules of Conduct also require you to follow the direction of authorized members of the Customer Service team, I believe I can categorically state that profanity in your signature will swiftly be nerfed by yours truly.

Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    However, there is a general rule that the moderators will enforce common sense and the users will not act 'like jerks.'
    In an international melting pot of national and/or cultural diversity there may be differences in paradigms of 'moderators' and 'customers'. I feel this an open form of discrimination of other cultures' customs and/or ethics and thus enforced brainwash. This is absolutely unacceptable in human rights point of view unless defined clearly.

What if for example Creacal is from Kiribati where profanity may count as friendly behavior?

ps: does this post counts as jerk or not? ;P
    ps2: if so, will it get moderated?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Well, no. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone from a culture where profanity is acceptable to be expected to behave in a fashion suitable for an international forum.

To consider a real-world instance of your example, I'm from Scotland, where calling someone a... er... the c-word... is almost a term of endearment. But I would never call someone that on the internet, because I've become aware that people from elsewhere are greatly offended by that word.

I absolutely agree that cultural expression should be promoted, but cultural awareness and sensitivity goes both ways.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    What if for example Creacal is from Kiribati where profanity may count as friendly behavior?

ps: does this post counts as jerk or not? ;P
    ps2: if so, will it get moderated?
    1. I'm not from Kiribati.
    2. I'm a jerk, and dang proud of it too! I just don't show it to y'all
    3. Venachar and Anarrina have tried infracting me for several times now. However it has consistantly resulted in something similar to this.
    4. "Muffinz r teh awesome" is the most true-est thing ever said.
    Guardian Creacal
    Public Forums Moderator
    Communications Team
    Operations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Muffins are awesome.