Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDKP Agent

Lightbulb PDKP Agent

I've tried a bunch of different weapons with agents now. Pistols, MA, Rifle obviously, but now Shotgun. Yesterday, I got a pair of PDKP's put together at 215 and tossed them on this morning.

Any good? Amazing and pretty fun. I haven't measured her damage yet, but in reality she tears things to pieces. Nearly every shot is a crit between 4.5-5.5k. I'd definitely recommend it anyone wanting to play Agent to tinker with, but not necessarily interested in pvp. (Rare obviously, but I bet I'm not the only one :P)

Anyone else tried this? I suspected it would be good, but really hard to achieve. If anyone wants to try it out and is curious what I used, I can provide details on how to do it (and you don't have to switch to Neut :P). The Weapon Smithing is VERY hard. At 215, I landed right on 2250 even, with only room for maybe 10-15 extra points...

But, fun alternative to Rifle and seems to do really well so far. I'm curious to see how far damage can be pushed with these...
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

how's perk support? which perks work with shotguns equipped?

Lazy: Most agent perks work with shotguns with the exception of rifle mastery(pointless to perk).

I played around with the setup on test before ABeast gear, new DB armor etc and was hitting 450k DPM on max AC punching bag and 420-430k DPM on inferno dynas without a full blown DD setup
    (used some AAO items to hit MBS cap in fp adv and didn't use berserker symb or tara sinew).

Once you fully deck out a PDKP Agent you can expect 470-480k DPM solo 1v1 and up to 520k+ with proper +add dmg support in raids, sadly most enfs struggle with 350k DPM and 400k+ is hopeless for holding agg so its mostly a lol setup in Beast/Pyramid/12man.

Some day if/when taunts are fixed you might see more pistol/shotty/smg Agents which would make my day as even until a few months ago you would see people hesitent to use Agents as DPS over Shades/MAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    how's perk support? which perks work with shotguns equipped?
    Currently, I'm using Made, Assassin, Black Ops, Power Up, and some for + nanoskills.

They require "Must have equipped weapon of type: Long Range" which shotgun is included in, so like Rock said they do work. Once I get a few levels and sort a few more things out, I can probably lose the +nanoskills perks.

Also, I'm using more +crit items than +dmg at the moment to support 100% crit rate with Laser Aim up. Once I get shoulders sorted out and a VTS, I can switch a few more items over to +dmg.

Here's her gear setup so far. Some items are missing from auno, so the back and chest are Dbop, the Ring of Power is Ultimate Force, and the guns are Perfected Diamondine Kick Pistols, obviously :P
    https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204518
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

For those interested now, and possibly in the future, I figured I'd document this process.

Buffs used:
    Composite Attribute Boost
    Composite Tradeskill Expertise
    Odin's Missing Eye
    Improved Essence of Behemoth
    Prodigious Strength
    Form of Tessai
    Electrical Engineering Mastery
    Mechanical Engineering Mastery
    Weapon Smithing Mastery
    Improved Cut Red Tape

Perks used:
    Enhance DNA 10
    Genius 3
    Opifex Secondary Genome 10
    Freak Strength 3
    Mountaineer 5
    Combat Knowledge 8

Research used:
    End Certification up to 7
    Threat Asseessment up to 5
    Direct Action up to 9
    Apotheosis up to 6

Org Buffs:
    Large Org HQ Management Benefit - At level 215 9 abilities

Towers:
    None

Gear used:
    Quantum Physics Laboratory
    QL 200 Weapon Smithing Tutoring Device
    Extruder Nutrition Bar

Setup used:
    https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204527

Process:
    Use perk Redeem Last Wish.
    Use Quantum Physics Laboratory.
    Wait until 1:53 lock to use Quantum Physics Laboratory, and use perk Redeem Last Wish again.
    Use Weapon Smithing Tutoring Device.
    Use Physics Laboratory when available, then immediately Weapon Smithing Tutoring Device again.
    Use Extruder Nutrition Bar.
    Tradeskill Shotties.
    Go to nearest GMI terminal, use Challenger with shotties in social to troll people. (this step is very important)

This is a narrow window to get the tradeskilling done, but you should end up with about 5-10 seconds depending on how well you time the first tutoring device.

BRING 2 SCREWDRIVERS!!!
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I mean, obviously the best ranged crit weapon will work with the best ranged crit class. did you think it wouldnt?

Slap on a onehander for pvp and pew pew. Froobs already do this (with the froob dkp)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

I'm sad I got on my Adventurer an endgame +60% crit and over +1050 Add damage setup, and all it can do is just a lousy bit over 300k DPM. The numbers you are throwing here are more than 50% for what's basically the maximum an Adventurer can do. Can you test on a Punching bag on a 2 minute rotation? I'm actually curious about practical numbers.
    Last edited by Timba; Feb 12th, 2017 at 01:24:52.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeit420 View Post
    I mean, obviously the best ranged crit weapon will work with the best ranged crit class. did you think it wouldnt?

Slap on a onehander for pvp and pew pew. Froobs already do this (with the froob dkp)
    I used the low recoil version before i tradeskilled these, and interestingly enough... It's crit and max damage are higher. I may play with that to see how it works in off-hand at some point.

PVP wise, I might be the only person in recent memory to roll an agent while having no interest in PVP at all. :P If I were, I'd probably use Troa'ler / PDKP and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    I'm sad I got on my Adventurer an endgame +60% crit and over +1050 Add damage setup, and all it can do is just a lousy bit over 300k DPM. The numbers you are throwing here are more than 50% for what's basically the maximum an Adventurer can do. Can you test on a Punching bag on a 2 minute rotation? I'm actually curious about practical numbers.
    Although she's far from done, I'd love to!

I don't have the DD thingy setup myself, but I'll bug someone who does when I can. I can say this though, at 215 with outdated buffs, she's got over 800 (sadly not 9,000) Proj damage. I'm going to be shifting around a few things once I get a few more items, but we'll see how it goes and get a pretty good idea.
    Last edited by Vinkera; Feb 12th, 2017 at 11:18:03. Reason: Dmg number was inaccurate because of DB buff.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

lol nice work!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

A few agents have done good work hashing out non-standard agent setups, but the forum search function seems broken. There's some useful discussion in page 2-4 of the stickied "Changes Log."

Rockdizzle's done some excellent work on the PDKP in this thread:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...e-Storm)/page5

If the forums stay broken I'll try to compile a list of these sorts of things in the guide/discussion/links stick. PM me with useful stuff and I'll pull it all together one day.

Good stuff.

For the record, I do have a 202 MA agent... Maybe he'll get dusted off after this one's done

Edit:

Figured I'd add in... Did a 12 Man, got agg from a Shade and died. The end! Working as intended.
    (To be fair, that 12 man was pretty screwy, but I'll take it at face value!)
    Last edited by Vinkera; Feb 13th, 2017 at 05:49:51.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

What would you use before lvl 200? I was thinking special edition kyr energy pistol and one hander for pvp. And maybe go with a uncle bazzit for pvm, in stead of the one hander. Or is a ofab shotty the way to go for okish pvm damage?
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

For PVM you can use anything tbh, from lvl 1-30 I used Rifle, 30-150 I used MA, 150-200 I used Shotgun, 200 BS I ran Bow setup (I still claim it as the best Agent setup at 170-200) and 201-220 I stayed Bow before twinking it to Rifle.

For PVP at 200 Rifle/Bow is your cookie cutter easy mode setups but if you want something different I would give pistol a shot, FP Engi for EP/Reflects/Reflect Ripper etc or FP Adv for Pistol buff + morphs + heals.

I went kind of lazy since I did MA before, and just stuck with SPS from 60-201. Then Angst of the Xan till 207. Gan'kar till... IDK 212 or so. Then, fooled with the LRDKP's until 215.

However, if you really want to confuse the hell out of people, this is the "weapon" for you!:

https://aoitems.com/item/99192/total-mental-domination/

Works on Ely Hecks, those really high level mobs on that island in the reck, and even 255 Mortiigs in Inferno missions too, (they crit from nearly 6k sometimes). Make sure to buff them +Dmg and +crit. And, yes you can have the Demon and Heal pet form FP MP with 2 charms.

Enjoy your own personal army of destruction!
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    What would you use before lvl 200? I was thinking special edition kyr energy pistol and one hander for pvp. And maybe go with a uncle bazzit for pvm, in stead of the one hander. Or is a ofab shotty the way to go for okish pvm damage?
    I used 2x Kyr'ozch special edition RE on my 200 agent for a period.

I never fleshed out the setup, but just based on the gear I had on, I found that it was a bit luck lustre. The consistent Aimed shots using a 250 Cobra outperformed the higher frequency proc damage on the rapiers.

I had stripped my agent of his CSS at that point, so had mostly a mix of Ofab and whatnot. The main issues with the rapiers was that you hit MBS on those things really fast, and then the only boosts you get are from stacking +add damage and crit.

In inferno, where I was doing most of my grinding, the obvious problem was that as soon as you started shifting from AR to crit/add damage, you start missing hits.

I kind of wanted to try the setup with dedication, but I just got a bit peeved with the MBS.

The basic premise at higher levels (basically 170+) is that you want to leverage geometric multipliers (MBS -> maxes out at about 5.4 for enforcer/shade/soldier, not sure about agent), which, basically just means you take your base damage on the weapon and multiply it by that prof+weapon specific factor.

For agents with rifles, it's quite high, but when you have hardcap limitations below 2.5k MBS, (the SE rapier is like 1500 I think) it's a really serious detriment to damage dealing because the max damage based on multipliers is much, much lower than it is with a weapon that has a higher AR cap.

Then, you want to multiply again, using crit.

Agent benefits more than most profs using add damage due to the procs, but generally speaking, the higher the geometric multipliers you can get the better you'll perform, from a weapons perspective but all the special edition weapons have built in hardcaps that put them at a significant disadvantage.

I hunted around for a long time for a onehanded rifle/pistol split AR, but there are none. The general concept still works, and with concentration and agents naturally high crit rating, the onehander is more reliable on agent than most other profs.

If I was going to try something, I'd do a onehander +SE kyr'ozch rapier and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I used 2x Kyr'ozch special edition RE on my 200 agent for a period.

I never fleshed out the setup, but just based on the gear I had on, I found that it was a bit luck lustre. The consistent Aimed shots using a 250 Cobra outperformed the higher frequency proc damage on the rapiers.

I had stripped my agent of his CSS at that point, so had mostly a mix of Ofab and whatnot. The main issues with the rapiers was that you hit MBS on those things really fast, and then the only boosts you get are from stacking +add damage and crit.

In inferno, where I was doing most of my grinding, the obvious problem was that as soon as you started shifting from AR to crit/add damage, you start missing hits.

I kind of wanted to try the setup with dedication, but I just got a bit peeved with the MBS.

The basic premise at higher levels (basically 170+) is that you want to leverage geometric multipliers (MBS -> maxes out at about 5.4 for enforcer/shade/soldier, not sure about agent), which, basically just means you take your base damage on the weapon and multiply it by that prof+weapon specific factor.

For agents with rifles, it's quite high, but when you have hardcap limitations below 2.5k MBS, (the SE rapier is like 1500 I think) it's a really serious detriment to damage dealing because the max damage based on multipliers is much, much lower than it is with a weapon that has a higher AR cap.

Then, you want to multiply again, using crit.

Agent benefits more than most profs using add damage due to the procs, but generally speaking, the higher the geometric multipliers you can get the better you'll perform, from a weapons perspective but all the special edition weapons have built in hardcaps that put them at a significant disadvantage.

I hunted around for a long time for a onehanded rifle/pistol split AR, but there are none. The general concept still works, and with concentration and agents naturally high crit rating, the onehander is more reliable on agent than most other profs.

If I was going to try something, I'd do a onehander +SE kyr'ozch rapier and see how that goes.
    Alright, going to try the special ed energy pistol + onehander then Changing to lrdkp at 201+.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Doing trader drains, then Advy cat works nicely.

This is about the median damage trying that:

You hit Punching Bag for 8742 points of Burst damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 5716 points of Fling Shot damage.
    You hit Punching Bag for 5716 points of projectile damage. Critical hit!

Fluctuated between 5500 and 6k ish.

Best burst so far:

You hit Punching Bag for 10079 points of Burst damage.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

no other setup than rifle will be the highest dmg output for a pvm agent.
    but sure, it is always fun to play with diffrent setups

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    no other setup than rifle will be the highest dmg output for a pvm agent.
    but sure, it is always fun to play with diffrent setups
    That raises a good question... What's a rifle agent capable of?

I'm curious to know how large of a margin I out damage them by.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    That raises a good question... What's a rifle agent capable of?

I'm curious to know how large of a margin I out damage them by.
    Dun dun dun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast