Thread: AAO/protection doctor nanos

AAO/protection doctor nanos

I would like 2 new nano lines for doctors, a proctection line and a offensive line.

[Defensive nano]
    Duratation 2min
    modifiers:
    - root resist +10%
    - stun resist +25%
    - nano resist +7%
    - Heal multi +3%
    - TimeSpace +15
    - MatMet +15
    - PsyMod -45
    - MatCre -45

[Offensive nano]
    Duratation 4min
    modifiers:
    - AAO +100
    - RunSpeed +35
    - BioMet +20
    - PsyMod +20
    - MatCre +20
    - Crit decrease -5%
    - root resist -4%
    - MatMet -45
    - TimeSpace -45

what do you think of something like this?
    Don't know if the 2 nanos should stack or not tho ...
    Last edited by ForumTroll; Jun 7th, 2007 at 10:53:00.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I like the AAD one, and I think it would be quite possible. The second one, I like the idea, but I don't think it's really a Doctor thing, and will almost certainly be rejected by FC. If I got added, however, I'd use it in a heartbeat.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

I'll take pretty much anything I can get at this point
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post

[Protection nano]
    Duratation 2min
    modifiers:
    - root resist +10%
    - stun resist +25%
    - nano resist +7%
    - Bio met -45
    - AAO -45
    For NTs too please. Stuns are as much death for us as for docs.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I would like 2 new nano lines for doctors, a proctection line and a offensive line.

[Protection nano]
    Duratation 2min
    modifiers:
    - root resist +10%
    - stun resist +25%
    - nano resist +7%
    - Bio met -45
    - AAO -45

[Offensive nano]
    Duratation 4min
    modifiers:
    - AAO +80
    - pistol +10
    - shotgun +10
    - HW +10
    - MA +10
    - 1HE +10
    - etc +10
    - RunSpeed +25
    - nano resist -7%
    - root resist -4%
    - Bio met -45
    - AAD -25

what do you think of something like this?
    Don't know if the 2 nanos should stack or not tho ...
    First of all, I think the defensive one should rather be:
    -PM
    -MC
    +TS
    +MM

Giving us less AR on UBT/Dots
    More "leeway" or whatever vs debuffs on heals/hots. (Adding BM would negate the pm/mc debuffs).
    The -aao won't do anything to our nanos, but nerf our ability to hit with guns/perks.

Offensive one should be:
    +100 aao, but no weapon skill buffs.
    -MM (hurt our BI'ability)
    -TS (hurt short hots, unless you spend more IP)
    +BM/PM/MC (since aao doesn't affect these)
    -Crit decrease (will hurt more than -aad)

Otherwise ofc, they are fine

The -MM+MC/+MM-MC would require a change in viral combination tho, from 50/50 mm/bm, to 50/55-65 bm/mc.
    This way the offensive nano will help us land the perk, and the defensive will hurt us landing it. Also taking into consideration the base difference in mm/mc.

This way, all aspects of our offense is boosted, and most of our defense is boosted, considering which you choose.

Good thinking.

On the aao I think both bm/mm should be lowered. It seems like we'll get a huge boost in BM in 17.4

Updated to somthing similar to what Ober said

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by dockwagon View Post
    Good thinking.

On the aao I think both bm/mm should be lowered. It seems like we'll get a huge boost in BM in 17.4
    Still, we need BM to land most of our offensive toolset: Dots, Ubt, VC and Mistreatment.
    Not to mention, mm and bm is mostly unbalanced (atleast if you care more about AR than ability to cast BI debuffed), and just debuffing MM will damage our ability to heal anyways.

This would also give options, so you could go for Higher MM than BM to be able to use to offensive nano, ie.
    And options = t3h w1n!!!11oneone, etc
    Last edited by Ober; Jun 7th, 2007 at 11:08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    I'll take pretty much anything I can get at this point
    I second this. ^^

Duration should be longer tho, not like 2-4mins only.

I don't really understand...your reasoning is thus: Stuns are the weakness of doctors (and Nts for fox there), therefore we should get a large immunity to it. By this reasoning, fixers and MAs should receive blockers, engineers and MPs should get perk absorbs, soldiers and shades should get some big healperks, etc etc. It doesn't really make sense to cover up the holes in various professions defenses if they are already strong against other types of attacks. The challenge has always been to minimize your vulnerability to profession specific weaknesses by using various equipment or mechanics to your advantage rather than asking for huge immunities you can just slap on.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    I don't really understand...your reasoning is thus: Stuns are the weakness of doctors (and Nts for fox there), therefore we should get a large immunity to it. By this reasoning, fixers and MAs should receive blockers, engineers and MPs should get perk absorbs, soldiers and shades should get some big healperks, etc etc. It doesn't really make sense to cover up the holes in various professions defenses if they are already strong against other types of attacks. The challenge has always been to minimize your vulnerability to profession specific weaknesses by using various equipment or mechanics to your advantage rather than asking for huge immunities you can just slap on.
    Untill 17.4, theres no stun resist items (atleast for docs) out there, besides the temporary from using MotR.
    17.4 gives us a back item with 4%'ish stun resist.
    With the defensive nano + that backpiece, we're talking 29% stun resist.
    That's one out of every 3.75 stun or something like that. Would be v. handy vs fr.str stun chain ie.
    (If you see an engie/mp/crat heading your way, cast the defensive and hope it'll help you survive fr.str/other stuns)

Doctor is a hard prof. to balance tho, considering we're all or nothing when it comes to killing us atm.

Too many people, with too high alphas and/or too many stun options, will kill doctor PvP.
    100% constant stun resist for docs will also kill doctor PvP (aka making us more or less immortal).

If we get enough stun resist in "common" gear, to actually make a difference (15% total?), would open up a world of possibilites.
    Aka making more stun resist gear that would force you to sacrifice something else.

I don't think people here is asking for a total 100% stun resist, but VIABLE OPTIONS, and the ability to either survive or kill more.

Atm I feel the kill/death ratio for the doc profession isn't where it should be. (Unless you count killing greens and gimps, ofc.)
    Last edited by Ober; Jun 7th, 2007 at 14:00:24.

Well, there is kinda lots of professions that got stuns, and stund isn't our only weakness. Evades, this is a problem too.. as we allways need to be 75% Full Agg or more to insta most heals.

By far should we have so many nemesis professions...

An the stunning professions are:
    MartialArtist
    Shade
    Crat
    Agent
    and Fixers
    even soldiers(the pistol ones) got a stun...
    did I forget any?

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Atm I feel the kill/death ratio for the doc profession isn't where it should be. (Unless you count killing greens and gimps, ofc.)
    I think mine is close to 1/20, when we talk about points taken... as in none zerg fights.
    Last edited by ForumTroll; Jun 14th, 2007 at 19:03:34.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Well, there is kinda lots of professions that got stuns, and stund isn't our only weakness. Evades, this is a problem too.. as we allways need to be 75% Full Agg or more to insta most heals.

By far should we have so many nemesis professions...

An the stunning professions are:
    MartialArtist
    Shade
    Crat
    Agent

did I forget any?
    Fixers with their 1s stun and sick alpha.
    The only prof. I actually fear more than others. (except the crats with cheat-stun. But a crat catching me in the stun proc and killing me, needs about as much skill as beast would have to have, killing level 1 toons on newbie island.)

I think mine is close to 1/20, when we talk about points taken... as in none zerg fights.
    Ofc, this changes a lot in duels, where I have time to prepare etc.