Thread: Doc Endgame PvP Setup, help.

Doc Endgame PvP Setup, help.

Trying to farm some Items for my Doc, endgame PvP gear. Whats the best gear, if there is a "best" setup?

Looking for clothing and Hud/Util items. This will probably dipend on several parameters, but jsut give me something to aim at.

HP items is the best for docs, what so ever??? I am going Pistols btw.

Hope for some good hints and tips. Cheers!

BR
    Ton
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    Trying to farm some Items for my Doc, endgame PvP gear. Whats the best gear, if there is a "best" setup?

Looking for clothing and Hud/Util items. This will probably dipend on several parameters, but jsut give me something to aim at.

HP items is the best for docs, what so ever??? I am going Pistols btw.

Hope for some good hints and tips. Cheers!

BR
    Ton
    That's the nice part with being a doc: The best setup is a very personal thing. You got to learn what you want to go for and then do it.

It's much easier ofc to specify what the best setup for pvm is: If you wan't to solo the big mofos in inf (xarx, razor, bigots, lotv and even dragon dynas) you might need at least some hp armor to get to at least 15-16k hp w/o BI temp hp, else a couple of crits in a row will kill you (or even a crit + a nuke). The rest of the armor is your choice... Want more damage - go for ++damage armor (at best CC ofc). Want more nanoskills to land DoTs and UBT easier - go for ++nanoskills armor. Utils/huds could be ++nanoskills if you need them and the best ++HP stuff you can find in the rest of the of the slots. Deck items: a CPU upgrade+infused compiler+infused yuttos mems (for the crit decrease) will do fine.

When it comes to PvP things get more tricky and I don't really have anything to add to the current discussion going on (mainly because I PvM most of the time).
    Last edited by rimbe; Oct 13th, 2008 at 22:18:31. Reason: AMG SPELLING!

Combine hp gear with aimedshot usually works out best, even if ive seen hardcore pistol docs pew pew people aswell.

Im working on my pvp setup that looks like this.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=85699
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

Many thanks. Will try to borrow some tips and try to test out something myself
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

i usually go for a flatout HP setup, and swap around items depending on what im doing.

it looks something like this http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=117468

i couldnt find the ERBP in there so the regular one is on that config

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say PvM like a maniac. I'll quantify this.

It's more or less guaranteed that you will use some form of +HP setup for PVP. There are basically zilch TL7 Doctor's who use any other form of setup.

Funnily enough, this is generally our combination in PVM too.

So, make your dream PVP setup, get it all planned out and such. And then PVM. Find what works for you and what doesn't in PVM, and you'll likely have good experience for your PVP as well.

One thing I would say is 16k HP is sufficient in PVM but isn't great in PVP. For various reasons I plod about with just under 17k at the moment and I die faster than I used to when I ran about with 20k. Far faster. For _decent_ survivability, you'll be wanting a minimum of 18k, I'd say. Bear that in mind.

I'm giving you this advice, rather than my personal experience over my last two years PVP'ing, because, as Mekh said, Doctor setup's are completely, utterly, personal. What I use will differ entirely from what you use because of <insert many, many reasons here.>

Best of luck with your Doctor and feel free to poke me in-game, or have Amo lick me
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

just to add to stillians post,

before i did some updating to my gear, i was runnin around with about 17k HP self and i died pretty often. i updated and i usually carry around 19k now, just that 2k has improved survivability significantly(of course it still isnt that great, if you play long enough they other guys learn to pick you out first). i think if you ask most TL 7 docs here what they prefer to run around with its going to be about 20-22k. anything more is a little overkill to heal.