Thread: Mouse Button 3= Movement

Mouse Button 3= Movement

I've only been back a week or so and I just noticed that my scroll button (mouse button 3) is assigned to walk forward (clicking the button not scrolling). Not sure if this was an update in a patch or whether something particular to me somehow but it gets really annoying as I tend to scroll my camera in and out a hell of a lot and many times accidentally click the button.

So is there any way to disable this as I can;t see the option in the options menu or that the button ahs been assigned to walk forward.

walking on pressing mousewheel was the only way i learned, to bring your char forward. No clue if there is any other way, but this exists at least since 2oo4.

wtb knowledge about other walking methods ^^

yeah, ofc with cursor keys and "w" for walk, but other mousebutton to walk ?
    Last edited by raw_fox; Jun 10th, 2007 at 21:53:46. Reason: i know the keyboard keys also :D

My mouse is getting extremely sensitive so first time I noticed it, i stick with numpad 0 for autorun though.

ah yes, forgot that Numblock

second method for autorun is hold down "w" ans press Return

Or,

- Hold down "W" / "Up Arrow",
    - Click and Hold "Shift"
    - Release "W" / "Up Arrow"
    - Release "Shift"

Works with other movement buttons as well, like sidestepping, turning around ("W"+"A" for an example), and so on
    .(•)(•).
    (( V ))
    .uUUu

yeah, it helps when you wanna apear LD to mess with your friend so he thinks he has lag

this has been around as long as i can remember

Quote Originally Posted by Naphoc View Post
    Or,

- Hold down "W" / "Up Arrow",
    - Click and Hold "Shift"
    - Release "W" / "Up Arrow"
    - Release "Shift"

Works with other movement buttons as well, like sidestepping, turning around ("W"+"A" for an example), and so on
    Also with alt.

It used to work with mouse too, locking right button for free mouselook.
    WTB that back.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S