Thread: hawk + onehander?

hawk + onehander?

was just thinking a bit...
    is it a viable option for a tl7 doc to go for ofab hawk mk5 and onehander?
    im asking this both IP-wise and efficiency-wise
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

The FA will be a bitch to twink on afaik (meaning low QL)
    Due to lack of SMG skill, and FA skill, your full autos will suck in pvp (and recharge will be slow) you probably won't even cap on docs
    Onehander is useless imo as a doc, since we won't get any decent crit rate w/o heavy sacrifice.
    The combination works decently'ish for fixers, and will work worse for doctors.

Using craphander myself at the moment with 0 crit gear. I can say you will basically never cap and the normal hits and fling aren't even worth mentioning. With the amount of crit decrease other profs wear I doubt you will cap much if at all. Look at the fixer forums for looks at the craphander for them.
    Drgroval

If you want to have a 2min recharge FA with very low AR + AS that will do 500-1000 dmg most of the time, go for it.

If you like really want to use craphander I'd combine it with a peregrine mk6 or doctor's right hand if hope. Would give you more AR (nice outside buffs too), less ip cost due to no FA (and light blue pistol skill? not sure about that one), and matching damage type at least...

Anything is viable.

Few are reliable.

(and this combo would not be reliable, and only barely viable)
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

You wont hit anything, even in pvm...

If you want a big As punch, check sig ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Comi View Post
    You wont hit anything, even in pvm...
    The hawk will hit ok in PvM. There were plenty of SMG docs before Shens/Pistols took over and they had some of the best PvM DD over time of any doc. Problem is that the Hawk isn't the right weapon (because you have to lower your main damage so much to get FA by using a lower QL).

The Onehander is easily swapped out even for a Doc though, so its possible you could use a decent Kyr pistol mainhand and Hawk 5 offhand for PvM. Would still be ODed nowadays by the standard doc weapons but would probably be the top of the secondary weapon choice pack. Plenty of +dmg buffs for energy gear.

But for PvP? Yep. Total crap for a Doc. Hell the Onehander is crap for Advies and Fixers nowadays too, but they can give it enough oomph that there isn't much alternative if they want AS. But a Doc just can't do that. Not just the ASes, which will be quite low, but the Hawk Burst/FA/Regular dmg won't hit at all.

Any doc today that wants decent AS is pretty much going to have to weapon swap if they want anything more than AS damage.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>