Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After ToTW: or what you should know!

After ToTW: or what you should know!

Yes I am back because nobody demanded it!! It's Time once again for Atladreamers Guide for Post ToTW. This will be a little more loosly structured than my last attempt at enlightening my fellow AO addicts. That being said lets get on with the show!

STAGE 1

There are several stages to Post-ToTW leveling. The first of which is to hit the forums and practice your complaining! this is a VITALLY important step in the growth of your character. If you cannot master this step your E-P33n Will shrink to resembling Don King, you will die alone, in poverty, and you will get no Phatz. So make sure you dont skip this particular stage!

Stage Two revolves around applying the skills you learned in the Temple of three trains to a SL mob known as a H3cK1oRz. You CANNOT reach the ubah l3velz without spending days and days beating up defensless rocks.

DEFINITION: H3cK1oRz are a shadowcamps Mob that resembles a member of Rolling Stones or perhaps your average politician. They can only be killed if you have a Doctor and a Crat in team with you.

The following techniques and strategies will ensure your success at this stage of your AO career.

• Steps to H3cK1oRz killing:
    • Open your LFT menue and start sending team invites to everyone you see on the list. Dont worry about them being busy, I mean what else is there? Those messages about AI mish's or PST or ORG INVITE ONLY actually mean "Invite me for a H3cK1oRz team cause I am so desparate for XP I cant even spell H3cK1oRz team right!"
    • Make certain to look for NT's at this stage of the game as they have by now developed the KiteMehplx skill which allows them to gift you with levels while you are taking a bath. Thats why Funcom created the profession after all. It's not like NT's are actually played by other paying members after all that might have something else to do but are in fact only logged into the game to satisfy your need for levels.
    • Once your team has gathered go ahead and take the opportunity to let your team know how ubah you are by not bothering to talk to them or even acknowledge their existence. Heck they should just be happy you even allowed them in team with you.
    • Find the one person in your team that is best equiped to tank and make him tank properly, examples of this are, NT's, MP's, Traders all make the best tanks.
    • Make sure you are wearing the best armore possible for your level such as whatever was on sale at Miir's that day.
    • To find out what weapons are best for your profession read my guide to ToTW this will point you in the right direction!
    • Go find some H3cK1oRz you are ready to LEVEEELLLLL! whoops sorry was channeling Vince McMann there for a moment.

To actually Kill H3cK1oRz is relativly simple. First have everyone wait at one spot. Send in someone to carefully tease a single H3cK1oRz out of the pack, preferably a shade or a fixer, then just as they have gotten agro and are carefully pulling the H3cK1oRz toward the team demand that the agent in your team AS so that all the H3cK1oRz buddies will immediatly gank the Shade/Fixer that was pulling. Gotta make sure you put those uppity little beggers in their places!!
    While the team is at reclaim rezzing from your masterful tactics loudly blame the Doc and kick the Trader from team. That'll Show him who's boss!
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

For those that have not yet been to the Temple of Three Trains please see my Guide located here

Now on to further adventures with the supremely satisfying farming of H3cK1oRz!!!

I mentioned earlier that the Actual Killing of H3cK1oRz is relatively easy, please allow me to expand on this for a bit.

the various strategies and roles in a H3cK1oRz team depends on your profession and relative status within the AO community. From what I have been able to observe, the higher your status is within the AO community the less you are allowed to actually do in a H3cK1oRz team. In order to determine your status and thus what is expected of you, first size up the various Team members equipment and make judgments on the relative "worth" of the person based on your estimations. If the person is level 154 and wearing Carbonum Armor and carrying a Frost Scythe then they are of course an expert in the SL's and the art of H3cK1oRz camping. Here I must place a side note: There are folks that are legendary amongst the top tier of H3cK1oRz hunting. People so well known Their names have become synonymous with the brink! I cant give their full names as they are already famous enough as it is, but a hint as to one of these famous personages would be a doctor with a name starting with AO! Bow and scrape when you find yourself in their presence!
    Last edited by Atlasdreamer; Jun 3rd, 2007 at 00:32:10.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

/lft gief meh ekspeee !!!11one
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Glad to see the guide expanding!

I've been stuck begging credz by FT at level sixty since the end of the last one! Now I have guidance!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

lol : what are you smoking Atlas ? I should try some of that on my bad days too

The Various professional roles in H3cK1oRzing are Similar to those found at ToTW but there are some differences and some new things to learn:

MetaPhysicist: No real changes here except for the following:
    The heal pet will be expected to heal as good if not better than a 200+ Doc. The Demon will be expected to Tank. And you will be expected to follow behind the team as shortly after you see "CI plx" and Casting Complete you will find the following Secret message "You were kicked from team". Good luck!

Martial Artist You are expected to DOC, Tank, and Keep agro from everyone including the shade. Did I mention that your evades are so ubah you will surivive anything in the brink?

Crat More of the same for you guys: primarily 1239872530983 ninja invites to team.

Agent Demands for Baton abound for you guys, along with GSF, NCU, HOT, Heal Pet, Behemouth and Felines grace. at the same time. Oh if there is a crat already in team expect to be told you will be False Profession Doc. If you tell the plebes no expect to see the secret message. Primarily "You were kicked from team"

Soldier you are the DD, You are a meat sheild. Its your fault the team is at reclaim, even though all you did was FA, Burst, Fling while the shade was pulling.

Trader Still the same "wrangler Plox" followed by "You were kicked from team". I mean thats how you guys level right? Its hard to know for sure since there are so few Traders left. (I think they are becoming extinct due to a severe addiction to being hurt and treated like garbage )

Doctor Sorry guys. More of the same 234572345983 ninja invites. Especially when your LFT message reads "AI mish" or anything other than "H3cK1oRz"

Keeper "behemouth Plox" even more. If you dont immediatly buff everyone with Essence of Behemouth then expect to recieve the secret message of "You were kicked from team". Along with folks claiming that you are the biggest gimp in the brink.

Enforcer You will henceforth be informed that there are addition hecklers attacking your team by a white screen followed by the message "OMFG you Got us Killed Noob!!!" followed by "why didnt you mongo? I lost X levels because of you!"

Fixers Run Fixer Run. You are now the designated puller!

Shades Your Job is to insta-kill everything. Even before the enfo Dies. It's your fault. Reroll newb!

Adventurer What are you doing here? Everyone knows you guys are Devs and can just make yerselves any level you want! Sheesh there they go again steeling the teams XP.

Engineer Remember in ToTW how your bot hated you and tried to get you killed? Now you have a dog that hates you and conspires with your bot to kill you, your team, the team following yours and the Advy that was Soloing hecklers at level 2. Enjoy the warm feeling of knowing that if your bots are gonna kiiill you

NanoTechnician Now that you have developed the Kitemehplax skill. You will be expected to hand out levels to anyone that asks anywhere anytime. If you dont.....Well lets just say you wouldnt want the advy...err Devs to hit you with the NERF bats again now would you?
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

where's the section on pulling techniques involving FA and mongo?

oh, and there should be a section on how to pass the time in mixed teams while waiting for it to fill up by killing sided mobs

also, I'm not sure if everyone knows how to properly park a train at the beach after the rest of ur team gets wiped
    Last edited by Vlain; Jun 7th, 2007 at 02:26:59.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    where's the section on pulling techniques involving FA and mongo?

oh, and there should be a section on how to pass the time in mixed teams while waiting for it to fill up by killing sided mobs

also, I'm not sure if everyone knows how to properly park a train at the beach after the rest of ur team gets wiped
    dang you gave away the secrets of further posts but no worries I will explain the logistics of properly Training , of makeing certain that other folks dont fall asleep (well more than once at any rate) and other required skills
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

this is soo sad but yet true... i have seen soo very much of the above in my time with ely hecks.
    especially getting invites to team, arriving at p7 to find out theyve already started killing hecks, they dont have a doc, half of them have stygs and the "rainbow armor" and you see the messages in chat saying "WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHEN I SAID I WAS PULLING???!!"

lol

edit: oh you should add somethign to the keeper thing up there... one time i got into a team, the doc had to leave and they invite a shade to replace him... the team leader says "dont worry about the doc leaving, the keeper can keep us alive" Oo

soo... Keepers will be expected to doc for the team.
    Last edited by Russm; Jun 7th, 2007 at 03:29:25.
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

How to Pull

DEFINITION The art of selectively agroing mobs so that only the ones you want will come to play.

How to pull properly is a HOTLY debated topic amongst veterans of the brink. Some maintain that the ONLY proper method is to first send in a fixer and have her move within agro range and do a /moon. Others Claim that the proper method is for the Meathea...err Meatsheilds, aka Enforcers, Move within agro range and use the Mongo nano. Another beloved method is to wait for the shade to just get agro and have an agent AS the mob right behind the one trying to kill the shade. This last is used by many people that secretly suffer from Dmg envy. The ways to pull hecklers are many and varied most if not all of which revolve around efficiency. In this case efficient means "all", as in all mobs in range of the team.
    Once you have successfully pulled exactly 3 more mobs than a raid force can handle you should anounce in the team channel "oops" followed by "I think I got an add". A side note to this. If you have done the pull right there should be no need to announce it as the Enforcer should already be cussing you to thank you for a job well done. ----To be continued----
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

wtb Pen Mish guide.

1 make sure to get a 210 fix and a level 160 agent. So they both perpetually complain about the ease/difficulty of the mish

2 Make sure to invite clanners if your omni.

3 if you die dont come back to mish but guilt trip the doc and then leave after calling him a "noob"

4 make sure supplantor dies right b4 he levels everytime. so he stay perpetually 180ish

something like that

Ha, It's important to brag about capping your Aimed Shot once it's pulled 4 Hecklers. That lets teammates know you're a capable contributor.

[team] [Agent6969696]: OOOH! 13000 AS PWNz0Red!!!111
    [team] [doctorhelpful]: +4 adds! Run!
    [team] [Agent6969696]: Uh oh! Sneak ftw!
    Agent6969696 dissapeared.

Remember, teammates that are slow to return from the garden are open to ridicule. If they're so pissed about heckers killing them, they can put a few IP into sneak like you did!

[team] [Agent6969696]: Hey n00bs! You guys rooted or something? I'm trying to kill some hecklers here! Maybe the doc should learn to heal and we won't have this problem!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

My favorite is when the team dose nothing. They all get there then they buff ...then their buff wear out so the rebuff... then some say well ok im gonna call it a night..then you have to solo the mish..its like they are waiting for a starting pistol.

Ya, I love such situations too. If often happens when two members of the team are from the same org and seem to be engaged in some violent discussion without even telling the other team members. The result being that after ten minutes player X leaves without warning, player Y "gtg sry" and the rest goes "kthnxbai" and disbands...

Your work is great as always Atlas; could I boldly suggest that you devote at leas a paragraph to the subtle and strange art of "pocket tanking" and "pocket healing"? I do believe many h3cK1oRz hunters would be grateful
    Last edited by Ethicmouse; Jun 11th, 2007 at 12:54:56.
    Ethicmouse Equip Irreparable Do-gooder and proud General of Omlety
    Rostix Unredeemed Puppet and Applicant of Omlety
    Strzyga Misunderstood Duelist and Applicant of Omlety

Quote Originally Posted by SupplantorX View Post
    My favorite is when the team dose nothing. They all get there then they buff ...then their buff wear out so the rebuff... then some say well ok im gonna call it a night..then you have to solo the mish..its like they are waiting for a starting pistol.
    Haha, that smacks of a team with no enforcer or doctor and no spots left to get one even if one showed up. Teams like that just sit around and discuss strategy hypothetically, knowing the whole time that death is coming. Throw in a shade and an agent and someone's going down on the first mob. I love the "hey can you FP doc?" requests, as if the agent can easily solve the problem. I have actually been asked to tank a pen mission on my agent. I was so baffled that I'd have tried it for purely educational purposes if I thought it would last more than 20 seconds. I guess it could work with multiple docs and a really good HP setup on an atrox agent, but it's still stupid.

What's even worse is when you finally do get an enforcer and they are shocked about their tanking responsibilities, as if another profession might be a better option.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

A nice one i had:

I get ninja invite for inf mish pulled by a 217 crat or so.

I go straight to ergo got updated and enter the mish everyone inside ready to go i was buffed already we start.

First floor ok only red dots on map.

Second floor second mob is a redemeed mob (i'm clan)

Whole team start attaking it like there's no tomorrow...
    I leave team and checck team members-> a 214 omni fixer in team since the begining of mish

PM the team leader; "man you recuited an omni in team?wth?"

leader->"just dont kill the sided mobs!"
    me->"they agg on sight -.-"
    leader while the second sided mob is running on him
    "Ahhhh.....true"
    I didnt see any comments from the omni fixer during the mish
    Go figure!
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

From a while back as a trox enf.

Team: usual 'hello' banter
    Me: Hecklorz?
    Team: sure
    Team: U tanky?
    Me: ofc
    Team: Nice pullz
    Me: ty
    Teammate (doc and the soldier): ah we got an add!!! runzzz awayysss
    Me: >.>
    Team: Ur nub
    Me: Me?
    Team: yah com bk wen u l2p
    Me: sure its my fault we got popped
    Team: u dun kno spwn times?
    *Boot*

My favourite anecdote from the first time I took my Doc to hit Ely hecks... my Enf mate and I had formed the team.
    Enf mate posts his assist macro for the team and declares he will pull. While we were all under the pier buffing before start this MA goes 'Well we have a doc no fear of dying!!!' and promptly ran up to the first heck and hit q. He was dead before he had backed up to where the team was looking on flabergasted.

That small lesson from the MA did mean the team went reeeeally smoothly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethicmouse View Post
    Your work is great as always Atlas; could I boldly suggest that you devote at leas a paragraph to the subtle and strange art of "pocket tanking" and "pocket healing"? I do believe many h3cK1oRz hunters would be grateful

Now this is flat hysterical. I spent some time down at Ely beach today and came away with many many interesting points to expound upon. One of which regards just such a situation as the "Pocket tank/doc" one that you mentioned. Dont worry folks Names will be changed to protect the guilty

So yes I will actually be adding quite a bit soon as I get the chance. I am getting ready to log in at work, then I will have some free time to continue my epic exploration of the world of Ninja-Ka

alright I admit, I have never actually used names and will do my best to never need to Buuuut just in case.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

The Team Dynamics

There are several roles to be filled in each team. The first and most important is the pocket Tank or the Pocket Doc. Which may or may not be one and the same. The Pocket Tank or Doc must, and this is required by the EULA, be controled by someone actually in the team. Preferably the controller of the PToD will be a person fullfilling the most important role in the team at that time.

Team Complainer This persons role is to complain about the skills or equipment of the PToD. Make certain that if you are the person filling this role you make comments regularly such as "L2P" or "this is your first time isnt it?". Your job is to let the team leader know who is slacking and who is a "nub" by loudly pointing out their faults. When you die, its the PToD's fault. When the Leader Dies it's the PToD's fault. When the H3cK1oRz Die its your fault. Make sure everyone knows this. many times. repeatedly. No there is no such thing as telling them what gimps they are "too often".

DD The term DD is actually an acronym for Damage Dealer, or the bra size of your favored Pron "star", or a program that determines who gets to stay in the team called DamageDumber. These guys are also sometimes refered to as "reclaim junkies" or "Shades". As you can guess these guys apparently believe that they actually level by dying. You can spot them by the amount of bragging they do about the size of their "taunt" or just how much "agro" they get....personally I think they are compensating for something

Team Leader This is the recruiting officer. His job is to fill vacant spots. Spots he has made vacant on the advice of the team complainer or on the advice of the almighty DamageDumber. This person's job also involves going afk at random and telling people "how we did it in the old days", the term "old days" of course refers to last patch cycle.

KickMeplz Not so much as a team position so much as a sad cry for help. This position is reserved for those poor, deranged, masochistic souls that have chosen to play Traders, MP's, or NT's. These poor fellows take a sick delight from being invited to teams, used for their buffs, then kicked before they can get the team killed. pity them.

Fixers These fellows are insane, have great buffs, and are smart enough that thier buffs last so short a time you have to keep them around. Fixers are a fixture in any well put together team. you can lure them in with promises of Runspeed or bragging rights. Did I mention these guys are a little wacked? Their job is to run up, /moon something and then run away cackling madly.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast