Thread: talking in the desert or to the AO Designers.

talking in the desert or to the AO Designers.

This topic is in no manner about AC2. This is simply a note from the game designers.

The nature of our system means that each quest has to be handcrafted and implemented. But we also incorporate a lot of randomness into our quests and our world. So a pivotal item does not appear on just one creature in a static location on the world, leading to long waiting lines and frustration.

Instead, many creatures will have a percentage chance of dropping the item, in some cases a very high percentage. Even then, monsters are generally not statically placed, but rather dynamically generated in various parts on the landscape. So while each quest is individually designed, we do incorporate random generation to broaden the appeal of the quests to our players and lessen tedium and frustration."
    Something that will never happend in AO , something that would have been the end of camping.
    Instead we have those marvelous dyna-camp and team mission boss.
    We suggested this solution a houndred time.
    I'm really disgusted..
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

Speaking of deserts...

I don't know if this was a server glitch or what, but I've seen Greasy Joints in more than one location. He's shown up on my radar in the Wartorn Valley and in the desert just outside Newland. Does this mob normally spawn in more than one location?

There's always the possibility of a hoax I suppose. Do a crat's charmed pets zone with him? If so, someone might be charming high level mobs, re-naming them and leaving them scattered around Rubi-Ka.

However, if it wasn't a hoax and it wasn't a glitch, maybe FC have quietly slipped in a roaming mob to test the waters.

Cheers,

~R~

Thumbs up

Bump
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Re: Speaking of deserts...

Originally posted by Soyuz
    I don't know if this was a server glitch or what, but I've seen Greasy Joints in more than one location. He's shown up on my radar in the Wartorn Valley and in the desert just outside Newland. Does this mob normally spawn in more than one location?

There's always the possibility of a hoax I suppose. Do a crat's charmed pets zone with him? If so, someone might be charming high level mobs, re-naming them and leaving them scattered around Rubi-Ka.

However, if it wasn't a hoax and it wasn't a glitch, maybe FC have quietly slipped in a roaming mob to test the waters.

Cheers,

~R~
    There are 8 (I think) unique MOBs that look like greasyjoints , one is in Wartown. I suspect you just saw one of the other ones.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?