Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please make PB pattern parts stackable

Please make PB pattern parts stackable

I was searching the game suggestions forum for a suggestion like this one, but I haven't found one alike.

So I am proposing the following:

Please make pattern pieces of the same type (meaning Aban, Bhootar, Chi and Dom of the same boss) stackable.

This would have the following benefits:

- Clears up a LOT of bank space, thus
    - Eliminating the need to roll a froob account just for pattern storage
    - Sorting of boss mobs and level range becomes easier

If it this makes it ingame it must be properly incorporated, because if not carefully checked, one might combine a stack of 3 Aban pieces with 1 Bhootar piece ending up with 1 Aban-Bhootar assembly and thus loosing the 2 Aban pieces in the process.

A nice addition by Whatchuwant which could be looked at in the process:

Quote Originally Posted by Whatchuwant
    It would also be somewhat nice to be able to combine B-C, C-D and B-C-D patterns. That would help free up some space as well
    Last edited by Flink; May 29th, 2007 at 23:45:30.

Have to bump this..

One day I went completely nuts with these and sold every single piece into shop. Just because I ran out of space again and again.. Even with my bank toons. Well, made surprisingly lot of money that way too. However now I'm filling my bank again with these :/ Pattern addict.. sigh

I have a bank toon which is quite literally just pattern peices.

20 backpacks or more in the bank with nothing but pattern peices....wtb stackable patterns!!

problem with making them stackable though, would mean ARKs (and GMs) would get inundated with petitions of "help, i combined my stack of 3892 part A, with a stack of 8972 B's, and i only got one AB piece, and the rest disappeared"

same as if you use a stacked set of CRU on a city controller.

just finish off patterns, and combine them together, or start putting them on ya Shop terminal, and selling them off.. can actually make a good bit of pocket change doing this
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

bump for this..

also bump for making mobs rotate pattern part drops (A B C D)
    im sick of having 10 A's, 50 B's, 2 C's, and 0 D's for example

make it so when the dyna is killed the next one will drop the next pattern part in the series.. it's nuts and they said there would be no camping in SL? ha.. it would help things a lot more if i could know i only need to kill the dyna 4 times to get a pattern instead of 50 times to get 4 patterns completed.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    it's nuts and they said there would be no camping in SL? ha..
    Who said that O.o?

well i dont have the source handy.. i'll have to look around for it.. but some of the hyped up information they was putting out before SL was released was they wanted to reduce or even maybe eliminate people camping mobs.

could'nt find the exact source i remember reading..
    did however find these which mention how FC wants to reduce camping in SL

http://www.gamershell.com/articles/710.html
    http://www.stratics.com/content/game...hadowlands.php

heres a article about SL from FC that also mentions reducing camping
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/7086L

although neither of those are the source i was referencing to it does mention the object was to reduce camping.. the one i read was to similar effect but much more hyped and i believe went as far as possible elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    problem with making them stackable though, would mean ARKs (and GMs) would get inundated with petitions of "help, i combined my stack of 3892 part A, with a stack of 8972 B's, and i only got one AB piece, and the rest disappeared"

same as if you use a stacked set of CRU on a city controller.
    exactly.

I don't know how often the support gets petitions about someone using stacked CRUs on the CC but if this suggestion does get picked up there will definately be similar cases with stacked patterns.

How to prevent?

Funcom already gave us (the somewhat annoying) "Do you really want to complete this trade" why not make it "Do you really want to combine 2 xxxx with 1 xxxx" ? nah... just kidding (but at least there it would make sense ).

Better yet just pop up an info window saying "You have to split pieces before combining them to a whole pattern"
    It shouldn't be to hard to check for one condition and pop up a message.

As for pre-SL promises about camping, there is another suggestion from 2004 about pocketbosses and pattern camping madness in the game suggestion subforum.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=226739
    Last edited by Flink; May 29th, 2007 at 04:04:58.

Bump!
    31 pack of patterns here.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

Quit camping and actually play the game ? :P
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

I agree with having pattern parts stackable.

I agree with making it impossible to combine items if one or both are stacked. It's just logical.

I agree patterns being put into the loot table of the respective PB, with 100% drop rate of only 1 dropping. Added bonuses ftw.

I disagree with making a confirmation tradeskill pop up. Too annoying and unnecessary.

I disagree with making droprate of patterns rotating. Reason being exploitation, and it being untraditional drop rate. As in, it makes no sense.

Respect,
    ~Xai
    Xaislain (212/19) Opifex Saviour

Yes to patterns stacking

Yes to stopping combining (and use of CRU) if stacked

No to forcing 1 drop per mob, if FC did this, they would just massively nerf the symb rate from the increased patters and it would still be a pain, but would cost more in novictum and crystals. Also once you've got the pattern, you currently know it's a reasonable chance of dropping the symb.

Dear God NO to tradeskill confirms ... Monster parts anyone?

No to rotating patterns, as Xai said, illogical
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

Yes, I really dislike those confirmations as well.

Maybe a check that's entirely run internal (without the user 'on the outside' noticing it) and if stacked there's just nothing happening at all.

It would force the user to recheck ("why isn't it combining?" - "oh right... stacked")
    without poping up anything at all... and this is currently the only issue being raised so far.

Bump for stacking PB patterns.

It would also be somewhat nice to be able to combine B-C, C-D and B-C-D patterns. That would help free up some space as well
    Whatchuwant lvl 219 Trader (President Obsidian Order - we're recruiting)
    Able to do all known Tradeskills

Quote Originally Posted by Whatchuwant View Post
    You're right.
    I thought the exact same thing many times when out in the wild and it is really that Aban pattern missing.

As this suggestion is all about clearing some bank space I will incorporate you're nice idea ino the original post. (as I can imagine official staff might not be reading all posts in a suggestion thread)

Hope that's alright with you.
    Last edited by Flink; May 30th, 2007 at 02:22:50. Reason: small typo
    Tired of having endless amounts of pocketboss patterns taking up space in your bank?

Bump this!

bump
    Tired of having endless amounts of pocketboss patterns taking up space in your bank?

Bump this!

bamp!

Bump this!

yet another bump

Bump this!

bump.

Bump this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast