Thread: Weaponline

Weaponline

First of all, this isn't a new thread about what weapon I should use...

Personaly I belive doctors have a hard choice when it comes to weapons, there is nothing that realy attract our attention on any level, every thing is just a semi-okie weapon(ofc we got our pistols now at end game(2007)).
    As I've seen most of the post in the doctor section, I belive you all agree on that.

Sure this migth be okie, but shouldn't there be a easyer way for our new doctor friends, a clear rout that would help us?
    Our cheapes skill is pistol, we start out with pistol... but yet we don't realy have any pistols to choose from.

So what can be done?
    Give us some doctor only pistols.
    I don't ask for weapons that does tremendous damage, but we so that they are okie to solo with at any level.
    There should also be some modifiers to our nanoskills/healing effect/nano init/

I would allso make it a tradeskill process somesort, pharma tech?

what do you think?
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post
    Give us some doctor only pistols.
    I don't ask for weapons that does tremendous damage, but we so that they are okie to solo with at any level.
    So you're basically asking for scaled down versions of the new doc pistols? Even if lowbie docs don't/shouldn't use weapons this would make quite some sense, IMHO.

Probably the same QLs as the ofab weapons and questable?

Yeah, here's some concept on pistols in dif.QL
    but I don't realy know if they should be left and right handed, maybe...

QL 20
    AttackTime : 1.8
    Recharge: 1.6
    Damage 17-24(20)
    Modifiers
    Runspeed +25
    MaxNanoEnergy +30

QL 40
    AttackTime : 1.7
    Recharge: 1.6
    Damage 31-44(33)
    Modifiers
    Runspeed +50
    MaxNanoEnergy +60

QL 60
    AttackTime : 1.7
    Recharge: 1.5
    Damage 58-82(65)
    Modifiers
    NanoInit +30
    MaxNanoEnergy +85

QL 80
    AttackTime : 1.6
    Recharge: 1.5
    Damage 75-102(82)
    Modifiers
    NanoInit +45
    MaxNanoEnergy +100

...some more ql...

QL 180
    AttackTime : 1.5
    Recharge: 1.4
    Damage 148-183(154)
    Modifiers
    NanoInit +65
    NPCostModifier -1%

QL 240
    AttackTime : 1.4
    Recharge: 1.3
    Damage 186-232(192)
    Modifiers
    HealMultiplier 2%
    NPCostModifier -2%

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I'd start adding flingshot for the versions designated for ~TL5 and probably flingshot and burst for TL7 ... ?

Profession specific pistols is a bad idea generally IMHO.
    I've said as much recently in regards to some Advies calling for a prof locked AS pistol.

If we are resigned to the fact the we are a pistol profession (and lets not get into the merits of various weapon choices here!) then we have plenty of options with the current pistols available IG.

OFAB Pere's exist in convenient QL's.
    A pair of CDR's will last you a hell of a long time!
    Kyr Pistols are still a nice option, although better scaling of the MR reqs would be nice. The jump in MR reqs on pistols ql200+ are just crazy IMO.

There are plenty of buff weaps available too.

So I guess what Im saying is that if you want a bunch of nice new guns with mods and high min dmg, then perhaps you're dreaming.
    All the various bonuses listed in those dream weaps are available from various equipment right now, and available without gimping your self in anyway.

Seriously, if you want to play on easy mode, roll an advy :P
    (ewww I can feel the flames now )

Quote Originally Posted by Gurudee View Post
    Profession specific pistols is a bad idea generally IMHO.
    I've said as much recently in regards to some Advies calling for a prof locked AS pistol.
    I can agree on both of that.
    BUt my point wasn't realy that these here guns had to be doctor only, but they should be designed for doctors.

OFAB Pere's exist in convenient QL's.
    A pair of CDR's will last you a hell of a long time!
    Kyr Pistols are still a nice option, although better scaling of the MR reqs would be nice. The jump in MR reqs on pistols ql200+ are just crazy IMO.
    The OFAB: The damage can be good, even tho the high recharge on specials could be reduced.
    The CDR: It's only nice cause the lack of any option, the damage output is only helped cause of the fast burst recharge
    The Kyr: much like the the OFAB just lack one special, and a bit lower damage...

There are plenty of buff weaps available too.
    Pepper Pistols does zero damage.
    Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol is the best gun damage / skill whise... but it need a heck of trade skills docotrs don't need. and you don't get it on on early lvls... when you need it.

Seriously, if you want to play on easy mode, roll an advy :P
    AnarchyOnline went into a easy mode when SL was released.
    </flame>

Sure the mods / damage / specials need to be scaled.
    My point is that doctors that want to be able to solo, should be allowed(with out using 1hour on each mob) And as I stated in my first post, I want a weaponary that attract us.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Hmmm, I wouldn't say that the CDR is good because of a lack of options at all.

At lvl 41 or whenever it is you can get them on...there are a LOT of pistol choices...
    It just so happens that CDR's are probably the BEST pistol choice at that time.

In terms of buff weapons, I meant purely as buffs.
    Not as working weapons.
    If you want to do damage, use a damage weap. If you want buffage, wear a chalice.
    That sort of thing/thinking.

If it's gonna be a tradeskilled weapon like the Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol type, it should not be profession- or expansion-locked (froob friendly ftw). Right-hand only of course, with the usual 'quests' to upgrade it.

For a 'levelling pistol', tradeskills could be based on EE and Chemistry (convenient for NCU making in the future). Call it a "Exothermically-Propulsed Shockgun" or something

Min damage should be placed slightly below a Kyr Pistol (with the same requirements) in min damage, and have around the same maximum damage. This way, it could be dual'ed with a CDR in RK or a Kyr in SL.

[FLAMESHIELD] If you want to 'favour' it towards Doctors, keep the attack/recharge speed high so it's only viable for fullagg professions [/FLAMESHIELD]
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

My admittedly very low trox doc is dual wielding an ofab and kyr'ozch. He's terrorizing the subway, but that hardly counts.

I actually posted to ask what's a CDR?
    Garfield Babump Houston - RK2 Clan Fixer, L 156
    Pasquale Raisins Silvestrini - RK1 Omni Fixer, L 81
    (No, I am not a recurring character on the Sopranos)
    [url=http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/sanotrix]

Quote Originally Posted by Raisins View Post
    My admittedly very low trox doc is dual wielding an ofab and kyr'ozch. He's terrorizing the subway, but that hardly counts.

I actually posted to ask what's a CDR?
    Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000

A really great gun when you get it at the level its available. Drops from the director in Biomare.

What pistol do you recomend to use after the CDR. Or should we use CRD for ever?

(Just came back to AO so excuse my n00bish question)
    -- RK2 --
    Nobrains - 165/4 Solitus Doctor
    Nukamuz - 118/4 Solitus Nano-Technician
    Xorty - 55/2 Solitus Bureaucrat

Thanks for the tip. Going to camp the CDR next when I get a little higher.

But for now dual wielding two QL 25 LE guns plus perk damage is respectable.
    Garfield Babump Houston - RK2 Clan Fixer, L 156
    Pasquale Raisins Silvestrini - RK1 Omni Fixer, L 81
    (No, I am not a recurring character on the Sopranos)
    [url=http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/sanotrix]

Quote Originally Posted by iKaput View Post
    What pistol do you recomend to use after the CDR. Or should we use CRD for ever?

(Just came back to AO so excuse my n00bish question)
    If you have LE then Peregines don't seem like a bad idea. They come in QLs of 25-50-75-etc up to 300. That is ofcourse if you don't mind doing alot of Mothership missions or Battlestation PvP (wich is abit slow at levels below 210). AI pistols aren't bad either but I can't say at wich point they outdamage dualed CDRs. I went assault rifle with my doc and have stuck by it so I hope some pistol doc can comment more specifically on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rimbe View Post
    If you have LE then Peregines don't seem like a bad idea. They come in QLs of 25-50-75-etc up to 300. That is ofcourse if you don't mind doing alot of Mothership missions or Battlestation PvP (wich is abit slow at levels below 210). AI pistols aren't bad either but I can't say at wich point they outdamage dualed CDRs. I went assault rifle with my doc and have stuck by it so I hope some pistol doc can comment more specifically on this one.
    Thank you for the suggestion. They seem quite nice indeed
    -- RK2 --
    Nobrains - 165/4 Solitus Doctor
    Nukamuz - 118/4 Solitus Nano-Technician
    Xorty - 55/2 Solitus Bureaucrat

Dual CDR until you can get a better Kyr pistol type 1. Then dual that with the CDR Using the more powerful and faster fling on Kyr and the fast burst on CDR.

Later on, perhaps a type 1 and Peregrine (however, a type 1 / type 4 setup is ALOT easier to get on and the dif isnt that big)
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs