Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agent Guide to High Symbs

Exclamation Agent Guide to High Symbs

My fellow Agents,
    I came up with a way to equip a full set of Xan Artillery Alpha Symbiants on an Opifex Agent. If you have any ideas on how to accomplish that on other breeds, or on how to simplify that even more, please feel free to PM me.

For a quick peek, the order in which the symbs will go in is: Brain // Left Wrist // Left Hand // Ocular // Feet // Right Wrist // Waist // Leg // Right Hand // Left Arm // Chest // Ear // Right Arm.

Also, if you find any errors, send me note.

Current State:
    - You don't need towers.
    - You don't need org contracts.
    - You don't need a Burden of Competence.
    - You need a QL 300 Large Org HQ, though.
    - You only need the Viral AIPF Belt, no TNH Belts are needed.
    - This guide works for all factions, as it does not make use of any faction-locked items whatsoever.
    - I planned with QL 250 ability imps. You can blitz QL 250 ones with QL 250 clusters, and have some tradeskiller with huge np skill turn them into 260ishs. With every step I came out a handfull of points
    on top of the requirement, so if you only have QL 250s that won't matter. Higher QL implants will put you on top of requirements even more.
    - I dropped all the expensive Pande items such as NCUs.

Perks:
    - Enhance DNA 10
    - Mountaineer 5
    - First Aid 4
    - Freak Strength 3
    - Genius 3
    - Ambidextrous 5 (for buffing pistols)
    - Shadowsneak 10
    - Opifex Primary 10
    - Opifex Secondary 10
    - Combat Knowledge 8
    - Lost Eden Research 70 (basically everything that adds abilities, but since you will want to reskill perfectly, you might want to have your research complete)

Buffs:
    You need the following buffs/effects:
    Greater Predator, Composite Attribute Boost, Odin's Missing Eye, Improved Essence of Behemoth, Prodigious Strength, Treatment Transfer, Stationary Surgery Clinic Effect, Superior First Aid, Treatment Expertise, Improved Cut Red Tape, Form of Tessai, and a bunch of Extruder Nutrition Bars. In case of Stamina-based Symbiants, Iron Circle is required over Prodigious Strength.

Step 1: QL 300 Brain and Intelligence Slots [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174880

Now click in your Brain, Left Wrist, and Left Hand Symbiants.

Optional: If you have the Beast Helmet, you can drop the Fly Catcher Specs, and then exchange 2x Omni-Med Suit Sleeves for Miy's Nano Armor Sleeves. I got a +7 and a +9 int one, so I ended up loosing 20 sense, 20 psychic, 3 int, and gaining 2 treatment, which worked out equally well.
    *Note: Nano Sleeves add psychic as well, so I lost less than 20 points, but that doesn't matter.

Step 2: The Sense Slots [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174881

Exchange Implants for Symbiants in the following order (please do not take out all imps, and then insert all symbs, but do it one by one, else you might come up short on some abilites): Ocular, Feet, Right Wrist. Do not include the Ear Symbiant, which is also based on sense. We need the psychic boost for later symbs. Ear will be one of the easiest and last symbs to put in.

Optional: All in all this setup puts you at +98 strength, +48 agility, +220 sense and + 76 treatment above requirements. It's a breeze. No alternatives needed, I guess.

Step 3: Waist and Leg [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174882

Please remember, for the stamina-based symbiants you need to cancel Prodigious Strength and get Iron Circle instead. Furthermore, for the leg symbiant (and for the leg symbiant only) you will have sufficient strength but lack agility, so you will need to drop form of tessai.

Now put in the waist symbiant, then exchange the leg symbiant. We skip including the stamina-based Right Arm Symbiant, as we need the strength for further symbs. The Right Arm Symbiant will be the very last symbiant to take care off.

Step 4: The Psychic Slots [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174890

Let's start with the Right Hand, as it includes faded treatment. We won't ever again have to worry about that after the hand is in. After the Right Hand is in, exchange the Left Arm.

Step 5: More Psychic Issues [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174891

Now put in the Chest Symbiant, followed by the ear. Now onto the last step.

Step 6: Last but not least [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174892

The last thing to do is put in the Xan Alpha Right Arm Symbiant. Now put it in, and you are finally done. Congratulations!

Optional: You can choose either Prodigous Strength or Iron Circle, doesn't matter anymore. We are at a point where we have more stats than required. This is why you will find empty slots.

Step 7: QL 300 Custom Implants [Updated July '11]
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174893

Some Agents chose not to use a Left Arm Symbiant but rather a custom imp including an Add All Def cluster, or the Adonis Brain. With your current setup, you can easily switch your Xan Alpha Symbiants those if you wish. I did not include these two in the above guide, as the guide was about getting in a full set of Xan Alphas, not wheter imps might be the better choice at any given spot
    Last edited by Zacharyas; Jul 5th, 2011 at 16:39:37.

/update July 05, 2011

- update to patch 18.4.6
    - including LoX Memories
    - including Alpha Symbs
    - where possible, adding alternative setups

/update Nov. 04, 2008

- updated to patch 17.10
    - reworked step 1 since the link didn't work anymore
    - reduced ability imps to QL 250
    - dropped Burden of Competence alltogether

/update Jan. 08, 2008

- including all items that came with 17.7
    - dropped towers and org contracts altogether
    - exchanged Essence of Behemoth for Improved Essence of Behemoth
    - turned down LotV Rings from QL 300 to QL 200-250
    - turned down ability imps from QL 300 to QL 260
    - dropped all TNH Belts
    - dropped most Pande Items
    - including Freedom Arms pistols, since they were massdrop last halloween, and can be borrowed even if you missed them.

/update Sept. 20, 2007

- including items from 17.3 to 17.5
    - including new global research items
    - dropping Neuronal Stimulator for Odin's missing Eye
    Last edited by Zacharyas; Jul 5th, 2011 at 11:11:01.

Omg Zach you are my hero.

<3

was workign on this for a Neut Opi. Ill see what you come up with and where I differed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

I stongly doubt u need 1000 QL contracts for anything except the 300 Head. Surely they help , and might replace some of the pande phats needed

Nice effort, tho ... i think some of the 1000000 agents around nowadays should learn to think for themselves , besides pressing AS every 11s or browsing forum for some setup and have no clue about how to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Ktaz0r View Post
    Nice effort, tho ... i think some of the 1000000 agents around nowadays should learn to think for themselves , besides pressing AS every 11s or browsing forum for some setup and have no clue about how to use it
    Where'd you get all that info from, yourself?

i'll take a wild guess and say use the dbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    Databases, a good Excel sheet, countless hours of calcul, and a huge amount of raidpoints.

Personnally, i'm quite happy of the result i came up with, with only the Red Belt and the Capricorn Gloves. But i must admit i'm already tempted to reperk back in order to equip even more ql300s
    Last edited by Telperion; Sep 21st, 2007 at 23:02:45.
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Very nice.
    Now, can someone think of the poor veeeery lazy omni SOLI agents and do the same? :P (yes, i'm talking about myself!)

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    ermm ...yes

As Telp very well said "Databases, a good Excel sheet, countless hours of calcul, and a huge amount of raidpoints" - it was fun. (Add this page for convenience )

And tbh it feels nice after you skrew your brains out for a few points of something and finally manage to do the math for 1 symb.
    Same goes for thinking about what setup to use and how to use it , compared to equiping some gear as-seen-on-forums and expect to perform.

It was mostly a rant about the state of mind nowadays, seems like we are invaded by clueless people.

I'll just stop here , i am derailing the thread , sry Zacharyas

hmm. I'm not quite sure what to say about this, Zach's trying to help people know what they are getting into if they're wanting to equip 300s. look at it this way, by the time they GET all those items they should have figured out whats going on.

Besides, helping other people never is a bad thing. I was going to do the same thing after I worked it out for my toon. I'd rather help the 98% of people who read it and actually know what to do with a Agent that high and the 2% who don't. Instead of not helping 100% of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

I'm not sure the thread actually helps, to be honest. Most of the people don't take the time necessary to gather all the ingame buffing items, like Ktaz did.

If you really want to equip ql300 symbs, you *have* to do the whole database exploration and calculs yourself, because the combination of buffing items you have is unique.

For example, i used Sinew of Tarasque, 450 qls worth of contracts, and no Burden for my calculations, because there was no point trying taking into accounts ql250 fields and i'm never gonna have enough raidpoints for Burden. Likely, there was no point doing calculations including Sinew for Ktaz, because Tara is off-limits for Clans atm.

This thread might help some people, but in a lot of cases, they're gonna be stuck 1-2 points away from reqs because they're missing just one critical item. However, the same result might be reached with their own items/perks, in a different combination. And in this case the thread won't help, because it only show one situation.

(Not sure if i'm clear...)

Anyway, kudos to Zach for trying to help, but don't expect to find pre-made recipes suited to your needs here.
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    I'm not sure the thread actually helps, to be honest. Most of the people don't take the time necessary to gather all the ingame buffing items, like Ktaz did.

If you really want to equip ql300 symbs, you *have* to do the whole database exploration and calculs yourself, because the combination of buffing items you have is unique.

For example, i used Sinew of Tarasque, 450 qls worth of contracts, and no Burden for my calculations, because there was no point trying taking into accounts ql250 fields and i'm never gonna have enough raidpoints for Burden. Likely, there was no point doing calculations including Sinew for Ktaz, because Tara is off-limits for Clans atm.

This thread might help some people, but in a lot of cases, they're gonna be stuck 1-2 points away from reqs because they're missing just one critical item. However, the same result might be reached with their own items/perks, in a different combination. And in this case the thread won't help, because it only show one situation.

(Not sure if i'm clear...)

Anyway, kudos to Zach for trying to help, but don't expect to find pre-made recipes suited to your needs here.
    <3 the clan agents smart enough to have gotten Sinew back when we had Tara. I even got heart of tarasque for some reason
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyas View Post
    Org Contracts:
    - QL 250 Ability Contracts (+22 each at Level 220)
    Pretty sure this is wrong, it varies depending on the ability I think.
    AO's MOTD
    There does seem to be problems with the internet itself.

It doesn't. All abilities get the same buff for a contract. Skills like Treatment, however, get a bigger buff at the same ql.
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

*done*

If you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve this guide (or even drop the omni sleeves) please either post here or send me a pm. Any critics are welcome !

Hope you will find this guide somewhat helpful.

Kind regards,
    Zachy

Suggestion 1. Replace NS with Odin in Bufflist
    Odin's Missing Eye 40 / 40
    Neuronal Stimulator 20 / 20

Suggestion 2. Stamina
    Add some G2 pistols (not dropping anymore, but still around)

Suggestion 3. Psy symbs
    I just did a quick re-math with new albtraum items for 300 RHand, should be doable for opi clan too ( unless i made some vital mistake )

Suggestion 4. Contracts
    Considering NW status on both servers, where one side is clearly dominating the high lev lands, i think it would be more appropiate not to include any Contrctacts in the math, or at least use some 300-450 maximum pool QL contrcts (150CT +75 CT). Use contracts as "buffing items" dont start with them as a base requirment.

Suggestion 5. Trickle
    How did u do the math for Treatment trickle resulted from all the relevant ability buffage ?
    Is auno equip config doing this automticaly ? ( im using excel sheets and have no clue how auno works)
    Also u can benefit from it even if u dont do INT/PSY symbs. ie doing Odin for STA/SEN symbs can bump ur treat a bit etc... I really have no clue how one can do all this math on auno config , but anyway .

Kudos to Zach for spending his time on this "guide"

PS i should stop editing this post , i think its the 6th edit so far
    Last edited by Ktaz0r; May 7th, 2007 at 09:54:33.

Suggestion 1. Replace NS with Odin in Bufflist
    Good idea, can't believe I didn't remember that. Might relieve some of that psychic pressure, will have to see where it makes a difference

Suggestion 2. Stamina
    Add some G2 pistols (not dropping anymore, but still around)
    Because they are not dropping anymore and are quite expensive, I skipped them on purpose. They are harder to get then tower bases (depending on your org, of course).

Suggestion 4. Contracts
    Considering NW status on both servers, where one side is clearly dominating the high lev lands, i think it would be more appropiate not to include any Contrctacts in the math, or at least use some 300-450 maximum pool QL contrcts (150CT +75 CT). Use contracts as "buffing items" dont start with them as a base requirment.
    There's three servers actually, with a fourth being the test server. Anyhow, yeah I would really like to drop dependancy on towers/contracts alltogether. This will be my first step once more ability items have come ingame.

Suggestion 5. Trickle
    How did u do the math for Treatment trickle resulted from all the relevant ability buffage ?
    I used the Skill Emu and just entered the cumulated abilites as a custom buff. The Skill Emu then did the trickle down calculations by itself.

Kind regads,
    Zachy

Suggestion 3. Psy symbs
    I just did a quick re-math with new albtraum items for 300 RHand, should be doable for opi clan too ( unless i made some vital mistake )
    Quick question, did they change the masterpiece bracer to add Psy? Sorry to you Opi and Trox out there, but I'd actually prefer if they didn't add Psy on the masterpiece bracer, because there's pretty much... No Nanomage advanatges out there, and adding Psy on that bracer just means that Opi and Trox still have it worlds easier than Nanomages on doing anything like symbiants. In my opinion there shouldn't have been Int on the bracer as well, but we can't have everything
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Yes, it was supposed to add to all abilities, I'll make sure we get it added for 17.3.1
    This is why I already calculated in the psychic bonus of that bracer. So no psychic gain from 17.3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyas View Post
    This is why I already calculated in the psychic bonus of that bracer. So no psychic gain from 17.3.1.
    Nerf -_-
    Nano Fetishist.

Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf

Mocker for Life.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast