Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: Massive Neutral Gathering!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Massive Neutral Gathering!

Massive Neutral Gathering!
    April 22, 29481 - Davis Rustyedge Matt [Atlantean]

Newland City (IRRK Freelance): Massive Neutral Gathering In Newland City Marked By Signing of Newland Peace Accord:

Travel In Newland City Became Backlogged Sunday Afternoon, as a Neutral Gathering Turned into much more than expected. What was originally to be held in Neuters R Us, Spilled out into the Newland Streets, as Multitudes of neutrals showed up to voice their opinions on the state of the Neutral Community and population.

The Gathering, Hosted by upstart militant group known as Third Faction, had the theme of Neutral Unity, and was a peaceful affair, but as can always be expected from the Neutrals, there were differing opinions on their state of affairs.

At the event, Third Faction’s Admiral Nohva, often accused of being anti-Omni and Anti-Clan, Addressed some of the Changes they felt necessary for the improvement of conditions for Neutral Citizens. He outlined a 4 point plan for improvement which Included Enhanced Infrastructure and communications, increased social and political interaction, Improved schooling, assistance, and education of young citizens , and an eventual end to intra Neutral Military violence.

The Final point in the Plan was set into action with the official Tabling of The Newland Accord, a simple Peace Treaty, which stated,

We, the undersigned Neutral Guilds, Agree to never attack Neutral lands or towers under any circumstances.

Signers Included Many of The Neutral Communities most prominent Guilds, including

Vequor - Gridnet Underground
    Azzid - The Union
    Zlpemtae - PC Raiders
    Doomreaper - Shadow Atlantians
    Ashumut0 - The Independent Rubi-kans *((Signer did not represent his Guild))
    Kiytan - World Trading Corporation
    Kakashee - Elite Operations
    Alexandrw - The Kindred
    Littleteddy - Neutralizers
    Nuser - The Nanomage Liberation Front
    Knight236 – The Defiant
    Nohva – Third Faction

There is no telling that where this Neutral Peace Treaty will lead to, but it is an interesting series of events, especially after the increasing unrest in the Neutral Territories, and the recent rise in protests of the Corporation’s occupation of Borealis.

When asked about the motivation behind these events, Admiral Nohva Commented,

For far too long, Neutrals have had this perception about them that they are helpless, and pushovers, and that anything that has happened to them is their own fault because they don’t care. The incredible turnout today by all Neutrals, both those who did and didn’t sign the Peace Accord, that we do indeed care.

A united Neutral People can be a strong Neutral people, and a free Neutral people. There are no intentions here to start any trouble with the other factions. The events of today are in no way anti–Omni or anti–Clan, but they are pro-Neutral! After all, if we don’t look out for ourselves, who will?

Did anyone start collecting bets how long will this last? And which organization will be the first to break it?

General seem to be using big words. Pro-neutral, caring and what not. The moment some neutral starts shooting clanners or omnis, question will arrose actually how much neutral he or she is.

And with ongoing struggle for Battlestation dominance, neutrals will be shoting their own as well.

In any case, it will be interesting to follow this affair.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

i say good luck to them, hope they do stick to it, would just like to point out that Omni Tek has been showing them the Real aggro recently by taking over control of Borealis, (i know that the sentinels shoot neutrals on sight in tir, but thats soo old and theres no reason for them to go there anymore.)

I think attention should be paid to the history of this agreement and who did -not- sign it and for what reasons. The whole speil in this article sounds like Nohva is running for king of the neutrals.

Ultimately, this document stems out of a heated conflict between two neutral orgs over a tower site they both saw as 'theirs'. Both of the orgs were new, and the situation ultimately had to be mediated by some of the leaders of the older orgs or (in the case of Nohva) those who have had experiance in the Neutral community for longer than a couple of months. This sort of event is extremely atypical, and I think Nohva's push to legislate or document a resolution to this is dealing with the wrong problem, especialy since the people who are most likely to start inter-Neutral conflicts are the new organizations that will not know about this document.

There are many organizations that did not sign this document as well, for varying reasons. Dmom, the former president of Elite Operations and coordinator of The Serpents declined to sign on behalf of the Serpents. Nor did I sign for Wolf Brigade. In my case, this is not because I beleive that Neutrals should attack other Neutrals, but because I find this sort of agreement to be cumbersome in the face of a real problem.

In contrast, efforts to coordinate Neutrals and form dialogues have been more succecssful. Efforts such as the Neutral Guard Initiative, the numerious Neutral Councils, and the Neutral Defense Initaitive have made an effort to bring Neutrals together to discuss how issues of varying degrees should be dealt with and the appropriate responses. This 'document' was simply laid out on the table by Nohva without any discussion as to its nature or service to the Neutral community.

Neutrals defy rules and conventions as a part of their day to day existance, and in fact most of us are here because either our parents or ourselves simply left the warring factions attempting to tell us what to do. Why do we seek to bind ourselves in places with documents and treaties that have always been understood to be the case before? Neutrals will never be unified since we come from a such a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions, but that does not mean that we cannot have an ellivated level of cooperation. Cooperation can best be fostered with dialogue and actions, rather than documents or rules.
    Last edited by Berael; May 2nd, 2007 at 13:32:07.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

The point is we are neutral in omni and clans fight... but we are not going to be pushed over by them... therefore, we will fight for ourselves to claim neutral freedom, they can fight on their own ground and leave us out of it.

Freedom for neutrals! freedom by neutrals! freedom for rubika!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

What did you slip into Nuser`s drink so she`d sign that?
    Point Blank

Now I believe I can start giving the Neutrals some respect now that they seem to be getting their act together.
    "The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."-Arthur Koestler
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

strange... Nuser signed a treaty saying not to attack mining sites of other neutrals? i thought the NLF was about no mining by anyone
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

not only about mining and towers.. the point is that you sign for peace between neutrals.. we now know we can count on them!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

you sure about that? as NLF swore to keep fighting till notum mining ended, and suddenly just signed a treaty saying they won't attack neutral towers, sounds shady
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

maybe they only will stop omnis and clans for now then?

If me attack a Neutral tower, me excercising my ability to do so as a neutral. Of course me wont, me no layuk violence.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/rensig54.jpg
    A karrut iz ahz kluuse ahz a rahbet getz too a dymuundz

I find it odd that this statement from neutrals has so much hatred towards something they are "neutral" to:
    ["Nohva"]1) I feel that we are not omni, that we are neutral, Omni Marching in and taking us over does not convert the hearts and minds of the people.
    ["Nohva"]Aye, and the clans who claim they fight for the ideal of "freedom" shoot innocent neutrals on site in Tir.
    The Sentinels will shoot at everybody that aids the Omni Tek regime in any way. let it be neuts, separatist clans or Omni it selves. When the neuts decide to not interfere in a war between CLAN & OMNI TEK, then im sure Mr Silverstone will not shoot at you. Stop attacking clan sites, stop joining in with Omni forces in the battle stations, and stop feeding the economy of Omni Tek regime, then Tir is free for you all to come and go in. If you want a part of this war, choose a side for once, and stick to it!

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
    I find it odd that this statement from neutrals has so much hatred towards something they are "neutral" to:

The Sentinels will shoot at everybody that aids the Omni Tek regime in any way. let it be neuts, separatist clans or Omni it selves. When the neuts decide to not interfere in a war between CLAN & OMNI TEK, then im sure Mr Silverstone will not shoot at you. Stop attacking clan sites, stop joining in with Omni forces in the battle stations, and stop feeding the economy of Omni Tek regime, then Tir is free for you all to come and go in. If you want a part of this war, choose a side for once, and stick to it!
    agreed you're most likely only shot on sight in tir cause you might be a neutral working as spy for omni-tek

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    I think attention should be paid to the history of this agreement and who did -not- sign it and for what reasons. The whole speil in this article sounds like Nohva is running for king of the neutrals.

Ultimately, this document stems out of a heated conflict between two neutral orgs over a tower site they both saw as 'theirs'. Both of the orgs were new, and the situation ultimately had to be mediated by some of the leaders of the older orgs or (in the case of Nohva) those who have had experiance in the Neutral community for longer than a couple of months. This sort of event is extremely atypical, and I think Nohva's push to legislate or document a resolution to this is dealing with the wrong problem, especialy since the people who are most likely to start inter-Neutral conflicts are the new organizations that will not know about this document.

There are many organizations that did not sign this document as well, for varying reasons. Pyromanche, the president of The Union, with drew her signature. Dmom, the former president of Elite Operations and coordinator of The Serpents declined to sign on behalf of the Serpents. Nor did I sign for Wolf Brigade. In my case, this is not because I beleive that Neutrals should attack other Neutrals, but because I find this sort of agreement to be cumbersome in the face of a real problem.

In contrast, efforts to coordinate Neutrals and form dialogues have been more succecssful. Efforts such as the Neutral Guard Initiative, the numerious Neutral Councils, and the Neutral Defense Initaitive have made an effort to bring Neutrals together to discuss how issues of varying degrees should be dealt with and the appropriate responses. This 'document' was simply laid out on the table by Nohva without any discussion as to its nature or service to the Neutral community.

Neutrals defy rules and conventions as a part of their day to day existance, and in fact most of us are here because either our parents or ourselves simply left the warring factions attempting to tell us what to do. Why do we seek to bind ourselves in places with documents and treaties that have always been understood to be the case before? Neutrals will never be unified since we come from a such a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions, but that does not mean that we cannot have an ellivated level of cooperation. Cooperation can best be fostered with dialogue and actions, rather than documents or rules.

Berael makes very good points regarding this topic and I have always respected her as a vetren player and a fair and just leader.

I talked this documnet over with Boltgun (former leader and trusted general of The Kindred) and we both agreed that signing this would go along with The Kindreds goal of Neutrals helping Neutrals.

I understand and respect the reasons others did not sign and I agree the accord does need some reworking and I intend to work with Nohva to try and get the needed education and support to new Neutral settlers.
    Alexanderw 220/17 Opi MA Current setup work in progress.

I want to add to what Alexander said that I'm not preventing myself from dealing gratuitous violence to see you not reinforcing yourself. Borealis is still invaded.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

The 'accord' doesn't need reworking. It misses the point.

This fact of neutral... no... any existance where you are in a generalized 'faction', the common rule is: don't kill your own team. Neutrals are a varied lot, but in my years, we have never had a problem like this till a month ago, and its unknown if we will ever see it again.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Neutrals are neutrals for various reasons. But Having a place where I don't have to watch my back would be nice. I've never been much for supporting either clan or omni, but if their goals alligned with neutrals at times i've turned a blind eye in the spirit of cooperation. I think Nohva has the right idea but neutrals are such a varied lot it makes any undertaking like this tenuous at best. If you don't have the support of at least the 3 biggest orgs of any faction you have an uphill battle to just get your point across.
    I for one would be willing to sacrifice almost anything to see a fully united neutral front. Because the prophets know that is an impossibility for omni or clans to do.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post

Pyromanche, the president of The Union, with drew her signature.
    When did I withdraw my signature? Why didn't you ask me before using my name?
    It seems to me, that your grossly misinformed, and using my name to further your cause is di****able.
    I was unable to attend the meeting that Nohva held, and therefore at my request Azzid went in my place. #1 Azzid is a General in The Union. #2 The Union as a whole has signed this accord, and the one missing the point is you.
    You have your own personal agenda, which is blantantly obvious.
    If the Neutral Community cannot even agree to not attack each other, then there is something wrong. It has always been an "unwritten agreement" there is no reason not to formalize it. We need to be united, and show it... or all the time and effort spent to build the community is wasted.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Than I misunderstood something that you said, I am sorry for misrepresenting your position.

Yes, I do have an agenda, just like Nohva has an agenda.

My agenda is to point out things that I think are done in error and will be totaly forgotten in a year. For example, even if people do remember the Neutral Manifesto, while it was the subject of much debate, it is no longer refered to even by the people who supported it. I believe this 'document' will wind up in the same heap and that there are better ways to go about continuing and maintaining the community as such.

As I have said before: this aggreement has no teeth whatsoever and no more power than anything that has been done before to curtail fighting among Neutrals. This isn't really a problem because there has been almost no fighting among neutrals in the way the agreement refers to! One case brought this up.
    Last edited by Berael; May 2nd, 2007 at 13:41:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast