Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NT Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Autonuke is probably a really good way to increase PVM damage but if implemented wrong, will probably just end up being another useless tool.
    I'm actually thinking that shorter recharge nukes is the better way to go. Just by lowering the LE nuke recharge by half we are talking about a good chunk of added PvM damage.

While some fancy autonuke or "dual execution" function would be lovely, i've come to the conclusion that the simplest solutions are usually the best
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

well, lets see, i guess my top5 would look like this:

1) new pvm-nukes or at least IU capped casttime reduced to 1s. Or maybe new upgrades for the Cyberdeck? Come on, dont tell me Izgimmer never again took a glace at that marvel of technology

2) Nanobot Guard should loose its 2nd nano-pool wipe and the DoT should be either halfened - if not removed at all. Or at least us given a higher nano regeneration (new HE, or empowered Notum Siphon)

3) Deck getting an Attack Rating, possibly based on MC (nukes dont scale with AR and the 1dmg of the cyberdeck wont rise into oblivion, no matter what AR )

4) Perk Lines: Adjust the Notum Siphon perk line giving more MC (i.e. like the 2he in the Reaver perk), have Tap Notum Source give 1050nano both is SL & RK (maybe faster recharge 3min?), and the Enhanced Nano Damage perk line to give a bit more +%nano dmg, even add a +15% nano vulnerability mod to the Breach Defenses NR debuff while checking against less (50% ?) NR.

5) De/Buffs reviewed: new Blinds with a higher aao reduction, e.g. would be nice. Same goes for the "NT health and ac buffs"

just as a few ideas. cant really take em apart any more
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

1) More interesting casting mechanics and NT content, faster - more complex, more NT-only unique effects/specials for example :
    Duel-casting, Component-Dots, Summonable towers we can buff to assist us, short duration fight-enabled flight (like that NT in the old entrance hall)
    Enemy warps. Symbolic nanos which require multiple player participation for powerful results.
    Short-range teleportation, Self/Target Invisibility, Mirror-image effect.
    Barricade transmutation. Summonable portals to/from RK/Shadowlands locations.
    180-degree Directional high-max-reflect 100% "mirror"shield.
    We're Technowizards, we need a bigger bag of tricks.

2) PvM Damage: new PvM locked nukes or give us back instacasting on SL nukes.
    We're squishy enough to balance that sort of damage boost.
    ONLY Second because 1 might in its implimentation; solve 2.

3) Nanobot Guard making less situational and more easily repeated quickly.

4) Nanobot Shielding turned into a Speed increase, "Traveling", 100% damage-to-NT-nano reflect, Target shield.

5) Root/Calm made instacastable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    (like that NT in the old entrance hall)

It's a MP.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    It's a MP.
    She looks identical to the woman you choose when you select "nano technican" in the character generation.
    She has no pets around her in the hall depiction of battling an Eremite. (as far as my brain allows me to recall)
    She's flying, and casting something. I can dream.
    Last edited by Nanofat; May 1st, 2007 at 07:59:34.

1) More interesting casting mechanics and NT content, faster - more complex, more NT-only unique effects/specials for example :
    Duel-casting, Component-Dots, Summonable towers we can buff to assist us, short duration fight-enabled flight (like that NT in the old entrance hall)
    Enemy warps. Symbolic nanos which require multiple player participation for powerful results.
    Oh that's interesting stuff. I like the teleporting but I imagine it working so that it warps you to your target, very useful if you are rooted (you would still be rooted but you just move position closer to target, can use to get away or get closer) or if your target runs very fast, like a fixer, you keep warping to them to attack. I also think that some form of visual 'jamming' is a cool effect so you can't be targetted for a few seconds or greater chance to miss you.

I'm surprised that NT's are not having more abilities that passively use nanopool also. Can be almost anything like aura or as I mentioned, layers over time buff.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Given recent changes, my priotites changed.

1. Un-nerf nanobot guard - No pool emptier, no dot, our pool is emptied from attacks anyway.

2. Faster nukes - reduced cast on IU, 1 s cap, shorter recharge on triple/double. This will help both pvp (really needed 17.4+) and in pvm (no need for new nuke with faster damage with current ones).

3. Run while nuking - Poor defences so let us move about as defence without giving up offence.

4. Huge stun resistance. - These are as good as death to us, we get stunned easy, and theres too many forms of stun.

5. Extension to our debuff lines...we have nukes that debuff evades, debuff nanoskills, we have blinds, yet they are all pre SL, we need new ones to balance all the bossts to evades/ARs/nanoskills since then, which has been huge.
    Alrighty, so this has been up for a while. I'm gonna use this as the template since it seems like this has the most popular requests on it overall(dunno about the running while nuking). I'll give it a couple more days for people to argue out specific ones or argue new ones in then I will slap this one up with links to all the old ones for historical perspective.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

My Top 5

1. PVM damage - shorter recharge on nukes, items like token boards, Alien Combat Directive Controller and other util/hud items, bracelets, NTs' Ring of NanoTechnic, rings of extermination unit should have nano damage bonus. An 'alpha' nuke with very high damage, short recharge and some cooldown time would be nice. Shorter cast time on DOTs. Give us some hud/item which is hard to equip (probably MC based) and gives nano damage bonus based on QL. This item could also solve AR problem for cyberdeck - the more MC NT has, the more dmg deals.
    2. Un-nerf Nanobot Guard.
    3. Add nanoinit to extermination eye symb.
    4. Expand our Blind line.
    5. Remove fumbles. Remove NSD from Program Overload or replace it (for example with -50% dmg modifier) - no more of "sry, i could not calm it, i nsd-ed myself like an idiot).

1. PvM Damage

More interesting casting mechanics and NT content, faster - more complex, more NT-only unique effects/specials for example :
    3. Un-nerfed nanobot guard
    4. auto-nuke
    5. Extermination symbiants fix & Lack of LE Stat additions

Bonus whishes, not balance-breaking imo, but annoying enough to be mentioned:
    1. Change (Greater) Nanobot Shelter and NS(2) stack order (same stack order please, or at least NS2>GNS)
    2. Change (or better, remove) the NSD from ProgramOverload.

3. Run while nuking - Poor defences so let us move about as defence without giving up offence.
    This idea frightens me, as it might very well bring us a new generation of kiters (the kind that wouldn't go past ely hecks, and only knew VE, but would now go further).
    But mostly, i don't want the NT profession to be only running+nuking, and i remember this thread.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

I want the movement while nuking thing because its wht gets me killed most...ranged stop running for a milli-second to fire special attacks, melee don't have to stop at all, us...we gotta stand still for 2 full seconds, kinda a joke in comparison.

I wanna run near someone nuking as I go, not stand there saying "Look at me I need practicaly root myself to attack, come kill me"
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Then what we need is a decent shot of killing the MA/enf/shade before he kills us, while we're standing still.

Nuking on the run will cause more problems than it fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Then what we need is a decent shot of killing the MA/enf/shade before he kills us, while we're standing still.

Nuking on the run will cause more problems than it fixes.
    Um, I don't understand ... how is nuking on the run bad or make more problems? Even though Double is low DPS compared to my other nuke, I use it the most cause of 1 second to cast, 4 seconds to run around. Mobility for my setup is the key to my survival. I suspect it's not alot different @ TL7.

Mobility for my setup is the key to my survival. I suspect it's not alot different @ TL7.
    It's same TL7, most advs/keepers (unrootables most of time) only end up killing me when I stop moving to attack them, ironically.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Um, I don't understand ... how is nuking on the run bad or make more problems?
    Hecknoob 2.0 'nuff said.

Hecknoob 2.0 'nuff said.
    NTs kite hecks now, the ability to run while nuking will not increase or decrease this happening.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

NTs kite hecks now, the ability to run while nuking will not increase or decrease this happening.
    Exactly .... so what's the big deal if you can run and nuke? Nt's been doing it for years already and if it's effective in PVM to help you survive, it's probably just as good in PVP.

Exactly .... so what's the big deal if you can run and nuke? Nt's been doing it for years already and if it's effective in PVM to help you survive, it's probably just as good in PVP.
    Nuking while running would only really be a boon on RK and in PvP - After Ely the amount of short-armed, single-mobs you'll have to kite drops dramatically.

On RK - Who cares? i mean come on... who cares because we can kill anything anyway with the complete lack of long arms, nuking + running wouldn't overpower us here.

In PvP - it would put us in a much more powerful place, imagine being able to chase after someone and nuke them. I sorta wanted this effect through instacastable SL nukes - at the penalty of defence ofc.
    Soliders can run, stop for a split-second and then be running again having delivered burst, full auto ... whatever.
    We'd have the power to constantly do that - overpowered some may say, i dont think so.
    Soldier defences are far greater than NT ones and their overall survivability is higher than ours, their PvM damage/survivability FAR outweights ours if you want to add that to the calculation too.
    Given that i cant see a reason to forbid NT from Running/Nuking anymore, but it should be only possible at higher-agg levels, deminishing our defences slightly.

Personally i'm in favor of NTs having more tricks over direct PvM or PvP superiority. We've already got enough people pumping out traditional damage.

Killing a NT in PvP should be hard because he's pulling unique defencive trick after unique defencive trick out of his rear end - while nuking you for reasonable damage.
    PvMing as a NT should be a round of disabling, confusing and overpowering your foes with nanobots - NOT GETTING HIT - but actually using your nanopool until its depleted, then you die. We should also be the owners of complex methods of dealing high-powered damage and debuffs and classy nanoprograms, if we choose do to it.

NTs are boring but should (in my mind anyway) be the most difficult and complex classes to play, for the rewards that follow.
    We're only "difficult" to play now because our prof suffers greatly from lag, bugs, boring gameplay - sitting on lft for ages, low PvM damage, being the #1 PvP target.
    Thousands of toolset lockouts ... need i go on?

Running while casting - if only Cyberdecked-NTs get it; its a step in the right direction
    More NT-unique stuffs ftw.
    Last edited by Nanofat; May 4th, 2007 at 14:32:44.

There's just a tiny bit of difference between using IEF/VE and using IU/Masta's cat. [/sarcasm]

But seriously...if it makes no difference, then would be better off asking for something that actually does make a diffference, right? My $.02.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 4th, 2007 at 14:44:38.

There's just a tiny bit of difference between using IEF/VE and using IU/Masta's cat. [/sarcasm]

But seriously...if it makes no difference, then would be better off asking for something that actually does make a diffference, right? My $.02.
    We were discussing the benefits of executing nukes while running for PVP, where it would make a significant difference. You're right, for PVM on RK and in Ely, it's a big difference but TBH, FC has made the game into a race for 220 anyways. Is there a difference between a kited NT noob from SL or a kited NT noob from RK? Only difference is that one gets more levels faster than the other one, which is what FC wants anyways GOGO 220.

So, are you saying that nukes should completely execute while running or that running will just pause execution where it is rather than interrupt it?
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast