Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Rktim, putting 3 professions that has above average defenses when it comes to mitigating specials damage, in the middlearea of this "loved - not so loved" list, surely has to be a misunderstanding.

The soldiers reflects has been nerfed, sure. But compare it to other types of defsenses, they all have weaknesses against some kind of damaging-offense. ams used to have none, it reduced all type of damage, now it doesn't. And Soldiers do have argualy the best offense, overall, except when fighting engineers maybe, which you ,again, listed as a mediocre prof..

From my pov, soldiers and engineers is somewhere at the top of such list, though im not going to bother making one, because my list would differ a whole lot depending on what situation and which imagined scenario.

Luiza, tbh I dont think the new soldier nano is really gonna improve our toolset. I mean, how many times do you see soldiers casting One foot in the grave in the battlestations? I almost never use it and pretty sure that most soldiers arent going to use the new nano that much either.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Because most soldiers are AMS huggers who AMS when they get attacked by a MP mezzpet or smth like that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    CRAT - plans to improve the tool set in 17.3
    WTF!

We can't have this, can we Paf?

I KNEW IT! there was a conspiracy!!!!! Crats 1 -- Logic 1,000,000
    my sig r kewlr den yurz lawl ktxhbai

Quote Originally Posted by Tzing View Post
    Rktim, putting 3 professions that has above average defenses when it comes to mitigating specials damage, in the middlearea of this "loved - not so loved" list, surely has to be a misunderstanding.

The soldiers reflects has been nerfed, sure. But compare it to other types of defsenses, they all have weaknesses against some kind of damaging-offense. ams used to have none, it reduced all type of damage, now it doesn't. And Soldiers do have argualy the best offense, overall, except when fighting engineers maybe, which you ,again, listed as a mediocre prof..

From my pov, soldiers and engineers is somewhere at the top of such list, though im not going to bother making one, because my list would differ a whole lot depending on what situation and which imagined scenario.
    I put them in the middle depending on how much LOVE they have goten after LE... Soldiers have goten the Shark´s... But alot of nerfes... Keepers have only goten nerfes but they where so powerfull before that they dont make it to the "not loved" list... And Engieneers have just... whell not alot has happend to enginers... I wouldent claim there loved tho.. More... "forgoten about but for some reason everyone else getting nerfed put them higher on the PvP list" but not not loved...

But i think we all atleast can agree on one thing.. That there needs to be some focus put on those 2 proffesions that show up as "not loved" on everyonce list.. Or whell atleast the old school PvPers that has a good grasp on overall PvP balance... Aka.. Enforcers and Shades... One is a Tank that has huge HP and probebly dies the fastest of all in mass PvP due to compleat lack of evades.. 40% rules and such... and the outher one is suposed to have good evades and be awsome DD´ers in bouth PvM and PvP.. But they fall behind on evades becuse of AS and people whith high AR... and There dmg is less then satisfying considering that all they can do is fast ganks... (atleast acording to me) On everyone and not just proffesions whith low HP and 0 defence.....
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Anisher View Post
    There is no proffesion in this game to kill all other proffesions in pvp...
    big bump, people need to learn this and to pick their battles, you can beat some profs easy, some can beat you easy, some its pretty even. it may not be prof specific balance, but if you want that... play paper, rock, scissors and hop in a mech... diversity ftw

All i ask for agents is to rework mimic plz were fine otherwise.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Debatible.. Almost no one else even had reflects in ther own toolset while soldiers rely only on relfects for defence..

However this is about the melee proffesions.. Move on =P
    Ahem.

In the realm of keeper:

Devotional Armor: 32% reflect perk

Benovolent Barrier: 4% reflect proc (Lasts for 8 minutes after it procs)

Barrier of the Righteous: 6% reflect nano

-------

And of course the one everyone can use,

the graft for Lesser Deflection Shield: 13% reflect

-------
    Selfable total: 55% easily
    And still get 40%'d through all those running at once = stupid.

So that kills the devotional armor portion of this MELEE professions defensive toolset.

-------
    Bio Cocoon: 10k absorb
    Which has already been shown time and time again post-nerf to be ridiculously easy to kill. When it is time and time again oneshotted (which has been shown in repeated examples) PLUS damage on top of it, something is wrong.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

So sad to watch every single "melee people need love"-type of thread turn into a flame war. Ranged are at a HUGE advantage and they are really content with it. Hence they try to cling to their advantage by screaming for nerf at every corner. Instead of wanting everyone to enjoy the game, they just want it all themselves.

I hope you are all proud of how selfish you people can be. The way some of you people act here just makes me sick to my stomach.

Well atleast you have one less "overpowered" keeper to play against.

surviving attack from 4 players isn't enough for you?

I'm not going to answer that since you obviously have no idea what this thread is about.

I still have fun killing greens in the BS :>

Martial Artists - overpowered 18% crit procs, new special attacks in 17.3
    Ubah 19% Crit proc that seems to never run in PVP situations...if you can't figure out why...go roll an MA an tell me how useful it is :P
    Last edited by Lilalysha; Apr 10th, 2007 at 10:21:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    I'm not going to answer that since you obviously have no idea what this thread is about.
    obviously you suck at pvp, cause I see plenty of melee doing just fine, and if you think that ranged is so over powerd try play one, or even a pet profession and let me know how it is to have your weapon glued to a random wall and getting out of range messages and no line of sight on AS plenty of times.

but atleast you made a wise choice and quit already, maybe luzia should do the same

Quote Originally Posted by dualShock View Post
    obviously you suck at pvp, cause I see plenty of melee doing just fine, and if you think that ranged is so over powerd try play one, or even a pet profession and let me know how it is to have your weapon glued to a random wall and getting out of range messages and no line of sight on AS plenty of times.

but atleast you made a wise choice and quit already, maybe luzia should do the same
    ... or maybe you show your characters? or you mean tl5 BS? tl4 BS?

let me guess.. you're an agent who is still getting killed by Red Dusk/BBSC alpha? or a soldier getting killed by a MA when some trader have stolen your reflect?

thats sad ppl just can't think now ;x

(Guess Jaroba, me, Lila, Krys ... we all suck in pvp now coz we don't have your ubah skillz0r playing melee)
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    I hope you are all proud of how selfish you people can be. The way some of you people act here just makes me sick to my stomach.
    lol, taking it a bit far aren't we.

Quote Originally Posted by dualShock View Post

I never kill 220 enfs on my 220 keeper as fast as I do my 211 supagimp agent. Even killed crats and fixers as well, kinda besides the point though since crats/fixers are ranged as well Don't you think it's kinda unfair that a 211/7 Agent in some T3 + Gloomfall, no pande items and sucky symbs perform as good as, or in some cases better, than a 220/28 Keeper in full CC + Ofab, fair share of 300 symbs and every single item there is to farm to make him better? Ranged are overpowered, period.
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

I am a crat that is killed by plenty of melee professions, MA, keepers, enfos, advys and even shades at times, and sometimes I kill them all depends on luck and gear/setup mostly luck though.

and I belive lila suck at pvp
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    Ahem.

In the realm of keeper:

Devotional Armor: 32% reflect perk

Benovolent Barrier: 4% reflect proc (Lasts for 8 minutes after it procs)

Barrier of the Righteous: 6% reflect nano

-------

And of course the one everyone can use,

the graft for Lesser Deflection Shield: 13% reflect

-------
    Selfable total: 55% easily
    And still get 40%'d through all those running at once = stupid.

So that kills the devotional armor portion of this MELEE professions defensive toolset.

-------
    Bio Cocoon: 10k absorb
    Which has already been shown time and time again post-nerf to be ridiculously easy to kill. When it is time and time again oneshotted (which has been shown in repeated examples) PLUS damage on top of it, something is wrong.
    Like i said.. Keepers.. Welcome to Rubi-Ka whith the rest of us... To bad you cant fly aroud high abow ouer heads anymore
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
    I never kill 220 enfs on my 220 keeper as fast as I do my 211 supagimp agent. Even killed crats and fixers as well, kinda besides the point though since crats/fixers are ranged as well Don't you think it's kinda unfair that a 211/7 Agent in some T3 + Gloomfall, no pande items and sucky symbs perform as good as, or in some cases better, than a 220/28 Keeper in full CC + Ofab, fair share of 300 symbs and every single item there is to farm to make him better? Ranged are overpowered, period.
    I killed your super nerfed keeper yesterday
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast