Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Pft, give them Blessing of freedom. For 10 perk points.
    Interesting thinking there

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Just increase range in BS :P

Its so annoying to have to run in front of people to hit them due to sync issues...
    give melee a much greater distance where we can hit people.

Also change parry/riposte into some usefull pvp skills against ranged users in pvp...
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Zeylenne View Post

Its so annoying to have to run in front of people to hit them due to sync issues...

Also change parry/riposte into some usefull pvp skills against ranged users in pvp...
    I agree, increase range and lower their dmg so its same as ranged wepapons dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeylenne View Post

Yeah, and add flag to root grafts that will make them unusable by advies/keepers/enfs/MAs/shades and everything will be fine.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    I agree, increase range and lower their dmg so its same as ranged wepapons [sic] dmg.
    actually.....

ranged already does more damage than melee, not to mention ranged has better specials than melee ever will.

I say just give melee proffs snares and hard cap RS to 2k, so ranged proffs cant kite melee
    Kerragin (220/19 keeper)

misc. alts not worth mentioning

Yeah, and add flag to root grafts that will make them unusable by advies/keepers/enfs/MAs/shades and everything will be fine.
    Sure!!

I mean for increased range sure! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ooooooooooops View Post
    actually.....

ranged already does more damage than melee
    Sure. With true AR of some 1100 on a decent MP it gotta hurt.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Sure. With true AR of some 1100 on a decent MP it gotta hurt.
    no1 cares about regular hits anyway, but this MP bow has soooo big chance to cap AS
    i R not spik engrish

along with range increase on melee, go ahead and make them have to stop to swing like we have to stop and shoot and then go ahead and make them stop and sharpen their blade just like when we have to stop and reload....

melee already have more runspeed then all ranged profs except fixer ofc.
    melee can root, wich is NOT part of the toolset.
    melee has more specials then ranged. FACT
    melee has stronger perks then ranged. FACT
    melee(except enforcers) usually dodge perks/normal hits and get hit with AS and sometimes FA/Burst from heavy twinked soljas or fixers, and most(except enfos/shades)usually have heals to back up the dmg they took from AS/burst or FA.

On BS everyone lags. FACT
    I'm ranged, i'm an agent. I get the target must be in range almost every time. WE ALL GET IT.
    Stop asking for MORE root resist. STOP asking for more range. You are FINE. if you don't belive me, ask the melee users that do EXTREMLY WELL in BS.

BUMP for sync fix as that is the ONLY real problem melee(and not only melee)have!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Showoff View Post
    melee already have LESS runspeed then all ranged profs.

melee can root, wich is NOT part of the toolset. (two times per recharge cycle of what 20-40minutes??? LOL?)
    melee has more specials then ranged. FACT (uhm.. no? total bullsh1t)
    melee has stronger perks then ranged. FACT (erm.. ok.. if you could S&D which not all melee users have)
    melee(except enforcers) usually dodge perks/normal hits and get hit with AS and sometimes FA/Burst from heavy twinked soljas or fixers, and most(except enfos/shades)usually have heals to back up the dmg they took from AS/burst or FA.(HAHAH, this one made me LOL irl.. Adv do but not the rest..)

On BS everyone lags. FACT (I can agree to this one.. )
    I'm ranged, i'm an agent. I get the target must be in range almost every time. WE ALL GET IT. (No dice.. comparing getting it from 40m away vs 4m is not even funny.. trying to use your max range and not being able to must suck.. but I highly doubt you are standing on someones head and getting this message..)
    Stop asking for MORE root resist. STOP asking for more range. You are FINE. if you don't belive me, ask the melee users that do EXTREMLY WELL in BS. (stop being so prententious its annoying)

BUMP for sync fix as that is the ONLY real problem melee(and not only melee)have! (it is the primary source of grief.. but not the only.. sorry but atm.. ranged is still considerably more godlike than melee.. point Fixers.. Soldiers.. Ranged Adv... Evades twinked MPs with AS
    /fixed

melee already have more runspeed then all ranged profs except fixer ofc.
    melee can root, wich is NOT part of the toolset.
    melee has more specials then ranged. FACT
    melee has stronger perks then ranged. FACT
    melee(except enforcers) usually dodge perks/normal hits and get hit with AS and sometimes FA/Burst from heavy twinked soljas or fixers, and most(except enfos/shades)usually have heals to back up the dmg they took from AS/burst or FA.

On BS everyone lags. FACT
    I'm ranged, i'm an agent. I get the target must be in range almost every time. WE ALL GET IT.
    Stop asking for MORE root resist. STOP asking for more range. You are FINE. if you don't belive me, ask the melee users that do EXTREMLY WELL in BS.

BUMP for sync fix as that is the ONLY real problem melee(and not only melee)have!
    melee specials are also slower(longer recharge) so if you add up all of the opportunities a ranged user has to use specials they would have more. The out of ranged sync issue effects melee more than it does ranged you can't deny that. Look at it this way ranged can get a 40m radius the target has to be in for them to hit them. Melee has about a 3m(i think max range would be 6m correct me if i'm wrong) radius but arguing who it effects more isn't going to solve anything some way of minimizing its effects is needed.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

Code:
    Full Auto
    Aimed Shot - Sneak Attack
    Burst      - Brawl
    Fling Shot - Fast Attack
               - Dimach
    How exactly do melee have more specials than ranged?

Yet again, Showoff dazzles with his astounding insights.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Im a ranged advy with 12m on my onehander. I dont get the "outta range" msg other than rare cases of extreme lag.

Melee users (Yea, i have been one), however, cant hit people when running ON TOP of them.

Kyai: There is also backstab to consider, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Code:
    Full Auto
    Aimed Shot - Sneak Attack
    Burst      - Brawl
    Fling Shot - Fast Attack
               - Dimach
    How exactly do melee have more specials than ranged?

Yet again, Showoff dazzles with his astounding insights.
    actually i would'nt even compare AS to SA because it has as much difference as it does incommon.

SA: always hits
    AS: always hits

SA: uses multipliers based on skill
    AS: uses multipliers based on skill

SA: has 13k cap
    AS: has 13k cap

SA: has a 40 second cap lock
    AS: has a 11 second cap lock

SA: diminishes from AC's
    AS: ignores them

obviously AS > SA, it's both ranged , is faster, and does'nt suffer from AC diminish.
    there really is nothing compareable to Full auto in melee.. but the same is true for dimach.. of course dimach has 30 min recharge on most and does not scale as well as FA.. of course dimach ALWAYS lands.. but obviously there is 1 more catch with melee specials.. they have to be very close..

i vote for lower locking dimach. say 10min with 0 dimach.. and capping at 2min recharge., also make AS 40sec cap and diminsih from AC's like SA does..
    i'd say make SA 11 sec cap and ignore AC's but i think AS is overpowered already instead of making SA overpowered i think 40sec lock sounds about right to me.

although i might support letting agents keep the AS the way it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdoc View Post
    Im a ranged advy with 12m on my onehander. I dont get the "outta range" msg other than rare cases of extreme lag.

Melee users (Yea, i have been one), however, cant hit people when running ON TOP of them.

Kyai: There is also backstab to consider, of course.
    also please remember backstab is only shade/advy. sure i'd like it on my piercing mp but only 2 professoins can even get BS.. also dont forget that even in pvp BS can only be used on targets attacking someone else..

EDIT: so many pages and to be honest nothign has been settled other then server sync problems should be fixed but even some people can't agree on that.. this thread is like a drunk driver who just slamed into a telephone pole.. even though your cars wrapped around a pole and stuck you just keep the foot on the gas and spin your wheels going no where.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post

i vote for lower locking dimach. say 10min with 0 dimach.. and capping at 2min recharge., also make AS 40sec cap and diminsih from AC's like SA does..
    i'd say make SA 11 sec cap and ignore AC's but i think AS is overpowered already instead of making SA overpowered i think 40sec lock sounds about right to me.

although i might support letting agents keep the AS the way it currently is.
    TBH one part of me would love to see the changes you mentioned. I'd simply reset my advy to melee, and completely and utterly dominate. YES as is the best special ingame. The profs who use it though, alot of them, AS is their only real source of dmg.

And a 2mins dimach? Oh god, SA+BS+dimach+AS alpha every 2mins, teh sweetness.

The changes you mention would nerf half the professions back to the stone age, and leave 3-4 as gods on top of the foodchain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdoc View Post
    TBH one part of me would love to see the changes you mentioned. I'd simply reset my advy to melee, and completely and utterly dominate. YES as is the best special ingame. The profs who use it though, alot of them, AS is their only real source of dmg.

And a 2mins dimach? Oh god, SA+BS+dimach+AS alpha every 2mins, teh sweetness.

The changes you mention would nerf half the professions back to the stone age, and leave 3-4 as gods on top of the foodchain.
    Of the two professions that would benefit from it one really does need it.. Shades.. as far as Adv go.. they still reign supreme.. especially now that kiipors are hardly competition.. even "nerf keeper" enthusiasts are happy to see Keepers nerfed into PVM status..

Advies have been hit directly by every nerf since LE, and got worse research than keepers with LE. I wouldnt say keepers are above advies on the foodchain, but it seems to me you're saying that keepers have been nerfed down to the bottom but advies are where they were pre-LE. Which is just plain wrong.

(And no, im not suggesting advies need love or anything of the sort)

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    (...) AS/SA stuff (...)
    You also forgot that AS have a +3xx buff item that you can put on any lvl 1 toon.
    blah

This thread is all about server sync issues but if you are starting to talk how nice ranged specials are comparing to melee, why don't you roll agent then? or MP actually because they have best AS weapon ingame atm.

oh and keepers are teh nerfestest!

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast