Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Quote Originally Posted by Izolenta View Post
    The only way for melee to listen to your advice is not to go to BS.

Theres more chance that melee gets owned by Agent/Soldier/NT/Ranged adv than vice versa.

You're saying "go with zerg". Anyway melee class has to get CLOSE and it makes us first target on tab. So the only option remaining for melee is to get ranged weapon with AS. So clear.
    Geeeeeees just stop it already... I have goten pwnd by melee proffesions kiting me and sneaking up on me etc so many times in BS its just stupid
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Geeeeeees just stop it already... I have goten pwnd by melee proffesions kiting me and sneaking up on me etc so many times in BS its just stupid
    That doesn't proove anything. You need to say how much melee users you've pwned in same time-interval.
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

That doesn't proove anything. You need to say how much melee users you've pwned in same time-interval.
    exept for afew shades moast people i kill are outher ranged and almost all people i kill i do kill togheter whith 1-2 outher people if not more.

You would be supriced to see how hard it actuly is to kill anyone as a soldier only having attacks every 8 and 11th seconds whith everyone running around like nutjobs (especialy considering soldiers dont have roots, not even grafts and slowish runspeed) even enforcers (they have like twise ouer runspeed and keep running around coreners and just so often they run by, take a swing and notice AMS is down and pull of a full alpha on you at the same time someone else shoots away a AS while your desperatly spaming AMS whitout anything happening, AMS also has a bug in it so sometimes when you need it the maost it will just draw the nano from your nanopool but the actual nano wount become active in your NCU and you die)

Keepers soak up my full alpha with perks while hitting me abit to see if AMS is down.. if it aint they run away and i wount see them for afew min, if i where to be dumb enouth to chase them i almost always run in to afew outher clamers and i have to A: Run away or B: Pray that i live 11sec so i can kill someone and that there aint a advy or a doc there to heal that person.. If try to run i usualy get rooted...

Melee proffesions just need to accept that its not just YOU and ONLY YOU that pvp sucks for.. its EVERYONE.. And dont get me wrong im NOT saying that Melee proffesions have it good in anyway and that its soldiers that have it bad... By saying EVERYONE i meen EVERYONE...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Yeah sometimes soldiers can die too.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Yeah sometimes soldiers can die too.
    As you should know, a soldier never dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    so what to do about that?... instead of crying nerf to other professions toolsets why not use them to you advantage, running around with a crat or trader might be very useful to you, just as docs are very useful to me (if they care heal me).

This isn't a single player game you know, and 1on1 PvP was never intended to be balanced
    I never cry nerf.. you may be a professional.. but you obviously need some reading lessons.. I am pointing out that melee needs an "un-nerf" I guess to you me saying melee needs an un-nerfing could mean that you with your chain stuns and ranged weapon type might see that as your own profession being nerfed.. but well. I guess thats a your point of view.

PS running into a crat = dead... if your stunned you cannot move or attack or cocoon or heal... ie.. you die really really really fast..

-gg

wait I forgot... Working as intended®
    Last edited by Xaun; Apr 18th, 2007 at 17:31:51.

and exactly how many crats did you kill Luiza? before the latest patches i mean.
    oh cmon...we all laughed at them for 3 years when they got flagged, and i remember people that were ashamed of being killed by a crat/mp/trader. And now, those profs got something good and useful and everyone points them out like: "you and your stuns...". Maybe crat chain stuns because unlike you, as a enforcer lacks the toolset to alpha almost anyone in a normal stun duration.
    Enfs still do VERY well in pvp. Keepers the same. Advs the same. MAs the same. Shades...lol they haven't got ANYTHING.
    I ganked a 220 enf today, and i'm not talking BS pvp when not every time u run around with rrfe and other OSBs, i'm talking in Bor. And i'm 100% sure that before the nerf enfs got i couldn't have killed same enf, with same equip. Everyone is supposed to be able to kill anyone. And yes there are soldiers who kill engies in pvp.

PS: BUMP for a fix on server sync!! ((but no love for melee(except shade) as they are already doing preety well))
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

biggest problem imho is the server sync

in an unlaggy ao, ranged could kite, but cannot shoot at melee because they have to stand still, while melee can hit them while running, this was the advantage melee had vs. the range advantage of range users.

But now with lag, melee runs after ranged and can do close to ZERO dmg because "out of range" etc., while ranged can do dmg with the nice ranged specials, so there is an unbalance between the originally intended advantages of melee and ranged.

If this lag was minimized ranged melee could perform much better IF they have equal/bigger RS, else the ranged user just runs away.
    RK 3 <- sorry for my english
    Prince " Johnwayne" Kirklin 220/30 Opifex ranged Adventurer
    Zixmeister "Johnywayne" 220/30 Trox Melee Adventurer

Account Status *open* <-transfer inc.

Anyone saying keepers are bad off right now probably do suck.
    The reflect nerf certainly hurt, in addition to the increase of people
    running around with controversially good AS weapons.
    But we're fine.

I might have a different opinion if the the quality of most pvpers was higher,
    however that's not the case. Most people suck now.

My only wish for melee is a method for stopping the incessant kiting.
    I believe range should only be an advantage at the start of a fight and
    not the entire duration of it.
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpression View Post
    Anyone saying keepers are bad off right now probably do suck.
    The reflect nerf certainly hurt, in addition to the increase of people
    running around with controversially good AS weapons.
    But we're fine.

I might have a different opinion if the the quality of most pvpers was higher,
    however that's not the case. Most people suck now.

My only wish for melee is a method for stopping the incessant kiting.
    I believe range should only be an advantage at the start of a fight and
    not the entire duration of it.
    qft

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post
    biggest problem imho is the server sync

in an unlaggy ao, ranged could kite, but cannot shoot at melee because they have to stand still, while melee can hit them while running, this was the advantage melee had vs. the range advantage of range users.

But now with lag, melee runs after ranged and can do close to ZERO dmg because "out of range" etc., while ranged can do dmg with the nice ranged specials, so there is an unbalance between the originally intended advantages of melee and ranged.

If this lag was minimized ranged melee could perform much better IF they have equal/bigger RS, else the ranged user just runs away.
    yup, server sync is really bad.. it also is a problem in pvm sometimes.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I never cry nerf.. you may be a professional.. but you obviously need some reading lessons.. I am pointing out that melee needs an "un-nerf" I guess to you me saying melee needs an un-nerfing could mean that you with your chain stuns and ranged weapon type might see that as your own profession being nerfed.. but well. I guess thats a your point of view.

PS running into a crat = dead... if your stunned you cannot move or attack or cocoon or heal... ie.. you die really really really fast..

-gg

wait I forgot... Working as intended®
    thats funny cause I have seen plenty of keepers survive stuns, same with enfs, advys and MA's, what you want is free immunity to roots and snares so you can come to melee range of ranged ppl, where some of them depends on range as defense... sounds like a nerf to crats and traders to me.

if you knew how hard it is to root some advys, fixers and MA's, you might want to consider perking SD to survive roots.

and crat stuns is nothing new, we had them since release of the game its just that more crats pvp now, and our stun nano is used alot to keep ppl from kiting us and prevent them from healing, cause we dont have a huge alpha like pretty much everyone else, not to mention a decent weapon for PvP.

and melee professions realy need to stop kiting, its unfair cause we cant cast nanos and shoot while running...
    Last edited by Lunaspell; Apr 18th, 2007 at 20:43:06.
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

and crat stuns is nothing new, we had them since release of the game its just that more crats pvp now, and our stun nano is used alot to keep ppl from kiting us and prevent them from healing, cause we dont have a huge alpha like pretty much everyone else, not to mention a decent weapon for PvP.
    Not really. The crat nano stuns are fine. The real killer is the new crat procs. 15 secs of stuntime, and no amount of %-stun resistance or free-movement stims help.

I agree with you alot in this thread Luna, considering the status of the crat defense and offense compared to most melee professions. The new crat stun is not the way to ballance it though. (I'd claim that even now 'crats are worse off than all the other melee professions in 220 pvp, other than a non-ganking shade )

The only way for melee to listen to your advice is not to go to BS.

Theres more chance that melee gets owned by Agent/Soldier/NT/Ranged adv than vice versa.

You're saying "go with zerg". Anyway melee class has to get CLOSE and it makes us first target on tab. So the only option remaining for melee is to get ranged weapon with AS. So clear.
    No, I'm saying "Pick your battles" and "Know your strengths" and "Know your weaknesses" and "Know your opponents" and "Don't run 40m across open ground toward 3 enemies with FA/AS/NT Nukes"

People need to accept change. The days of popping Acro and running into 5-6 opponents, alpha'ing one and running off are gone - No matter who you are. Just because you get gunned down now doesnt make it unbalanced now, it just shows that the previous level of untouchableness was crazy. IMO if MA want better defence itd make more sense to boost their healing than boost their immunities, because immunities really do make baby jesus cry.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    No, I'm saying "Pick your battles" and "Know your strengths" and "Know your weaknesses" and "Know your opponents" and "Don't run 40m across open ground toward 3 enemies with FA/AS/NT Nukes"

People need to accept change. The days of popping Acro and running into 5-6 opponents, alpha'ing one and running off are gone - No matter who you are. Just because you get gunned down now doesnt make it unbalanced now, it just shows that the previous level of untouchableness was crazy. IMO if MA want better defence itd make more sense to boost their healing than boost their immunities, because immunities really do make baby jesus cry.
    ok, but only if AMS only reflects damage on 50% of hits, and only if the new crat proc stun is removable, and only if traders can't AoE root people who are concealed, and only if NT's can't cast from sneak, and have an "attacked by NT" message at the very beginning of casting.

Oh, and only if stuns can't be removed by free movement stims.

thats funny cause I have seen plenty of keepers survive stuns, same with enfs, advys and MA's, what you want is free immunity to roots and snares so you can come to melee range of ranged ppl, where some of them depends on range as defense... sounds like a nerf to crats and traders to me.
    Sure you might survive the proc stuns, however 15 and 10 seconds is a VERY long duration for a stun, and it is extremely unlikely for most profs to survive without being able to do anything for that period of time, and they can be triggered again and again. The fix in 17.3 will perhaps make it slightly better though, stopping people from nuking themselves to make procs execute.

I can only speak for myself, and i don't want immunity root and snares, but i do want a certain amount of resitance to them.

That crats got some attention is by no means wrong, but their procs are not the proper way to give this kind of love, imho. Infact the whole proc thing is a big dissapointment overal, imo. not just the crat ones.

and melee professions realy need to stop kiting, its unfair cause we cant cast nanos and shoot while running...
    The nano stuns are fine!

What ranged can't while running is; land autoattack-hits and cast nanos that aren't instantly cast. However with the current mechanics, it is possible to sort of stack up AS (or other special), and cast instant nanos, just stopping for a very brief time, and still not lose distance to whoever is chasing you. I can atleast.
    Which makes it very hard to actually come in melee range, playing a melee chasing somone ranged that kites you. Infact it is impossible to get in range unless the kiter screws up, or you have certain "cooldowns" ready; like rootgrafts, or UaWoS(ma only)

That said kiting can be beneficial as a melee toon too ofcourse, but that is in mots cases when you're being chased by another melee

And if the sync issues were better, the differences between the general melee and ranged would have been much more fair, abolutely. Hard to think of any fix though, other than 17.xx didn't do much good

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    You must mean cocoon? or AMS? acrobat perks never helped much against 5-6 people, and possibly 10-15 specials, or 3-5 specials for that matter.

I agree withthe point you make though, immunities aren't good. (Just like unresitable attacks aren't good). Healing is a easy thing to adjust (make it better or worse) so that it migh give proper damage mitigation.

if you knew how hard it is to root some advys, fixers and MA's, you might want to consider perking SD to survive roots.

You know you have relatively overpowered stun procs, right ? No one EVER complained about the nano.

Quote Originally Posted by Showoff View Post
    Enfs still do VERY well in pvp.
    You play an enf? no you dont.
    Can you please stop talking about stuff you dont know **** about? yes you can.

thanks you..

atm there are a couple of professions that at least 75% of the time cap their AS/FA every 11s

Silverback users
    Traders
    Agents
    MPs
    Soldiers

Note: 1x capped FA/AS is equal to all heal perks (if you have CH5)
    Note: 1x capped FA/AS almost equals cocoon+hud absorb

heals can be used every 5min (equals 32x AS/FA)
    HUD Absorb can be used every 5min (equals 32x AS/FA)
    Cocoon can be used every 2min (equals 11 AS/FA)

Our 30k hp is a joke if you look how fast it drops.

So imagine how it is to get AS/FA farmed by teleporting toons... that "only" use FA/AS on ya.. meaning you ll have to sit down for 2min to get your hp back.

Ive played a 220 agent so I can compare it with my enf.. now Im curious if you have a twinked out 220 enf to compare to your agent? Have you ever played a tl7 enf at all? Do you have a clue?

Lets stop saying that "(Random prof) does very fine and should stop complaining" if you never had any experience playing that toon?

There is one thing that always suprised me when playing another tl7 toon. It's so so so different than what you thought.

I totally agree with Xpression.. fix the sync and dont let ranged be an advantage a fight long. Thats the topic of this thread imo and that is what we should focus on.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

agree, im fine with i have to bail fights due to shorcomings on godmode perks, but the sync stuff is nerfing melee badly now that everything dies so fast.
    woofwoof!

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast