Thread: Is the /name function broken?

Is the /name function broken?

I'm trying to use /name nick and no matter WHAT name i choose, it's not working. I'm below level 20 so .... help!!!

This is what i get everytime as a response:

Sending name change request.
    [Name-Request]: An error occured, please retype your request.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Been broken for months now...apparently they would sooner answer a million petitions that ask their programmers to waste 5 minutes. A petition will get it done. More FC streamlining

yes i petitioned to have my first and last names added on my doc, and have yet to have anything done.
    When you talk to God, you're religious. When God talks to you, you're psychotic.

I want to leave the world the same way I came into it: screaming and covered in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Poob View Post
    Been broken for months now...apparently they would sooner answer a million petitions that ask their programmers to waste 5 minutes. A petition will get it done. More FC streamlining
    those petitions are handled by ARKs, not Fc employees.

Quote Originally Posted by skybert View Post
    those petitions are handled by ARKs, not Fc employees.
    While this is true, some companies might be concerned at longer wait times for customers.

Currently, for a few people, the /name command is not working properly. In most cases, however, it is still functioning.

If you receive any error with the command, please petition and the situation shall be looked into. Thanks.
    Guardian Lethadon
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisor of Rubi-Ka

Forum Rules

Thanks, Lethadon, I'll petition tonight when I get home.
    When you talk to God, you're religious. When God talks to you, you're psychotic.

I want to leave the world the same way I came into it: screaming and covered in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethadon View Post
    Currently, for a few people, the /name command is not working properly. In most cases, however, it is still functioning.

If you receive any error with the command, please petition and the situation shall be looked into. Thanks.
    a FEW!? nonono, this doesn't work at ALL for any new toon... and by "new" i mean any toon i rolled after about june of LAST YEAR hasn't been able to use any of the /name nick/first/last functions.

I suggest everyone go right now and roll a new lvl 1 toon, and as soon as you hit say lvl 3? (just so you have an excuse not to reroll ) try to use /name nick <newnickhere> (without the < >) and i'm almost positive it will not work. The error you receive may vary, but MOST people, not just "some" people, are not able to use the name-request service successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidethrust View Post
    a FEW!? nonono, this doesn't work at ALL for any new toon... and by "new" i mean any toon i rolled after about june of LAST YEAR hasn't been able to use any of the /name nick/first/last functions.

I suggest everyone go right now and roll a new lvl 1 toon, and as soon as you hit say lvl 3? (just so you have an excuse not to reroll ) try to use /name nick <newnickhere> (without the < >) and i'm almost positive it will not work. The error you receive may vary, but MOST people, not just "some" people, are not able to use the name-request service successfully.
    When I submitted my name change, i did not get an error, just it never updated the name. I however did not try to change the nickname, since I am good at picking names I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidethrust View Post
    Please do not ask people to spam up the petition system just so you can see if you are correct about this.

Some people have the issue, some do not. As Lethadon said if you have an issue with it, petition and we will help you out
    Assistant Director Qwara
    ARK Academy
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Moderator

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website ::

Pretty sure (bout 100% actually) the /name feature works for no new toons, why not just admit it, and fix it? Was the same thing when you couldn't enter mish entrances while in combat... FC said it was "some" entrances not working when it was every freaking entrance on RK .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Stop whining. Fixers are uber.

i bet its a easy bot bugg, just like all raid bots got when the new chars started to get over XXXXXXX id
    Famine said: "As stated above, customer support issues should not be posted on the forums no matter the content or implications. However, there has been no GM's giving out free BOCs. If you have any issues or concerns with customer service. Then please report those to customer service directly and not on the forums."

[Social] Bbyron: If the "coders" don't do what the "director" says they get to be "unemployed"

Account 1 (Iriche) - unFrozen
    Account 2 (Peekiri) - On its way to be frozen

The situation is being looked into. We still process a large number of /name requests a week so I can confirm that it isn't a majority that are having this issue.

Whether it is any new toon or not, I am not sure but I can confirm this has been raised. We, however, are not the one's who fix it as it is a game command.
    Guardian Lethadon
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisor of Rubi-Ka

Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Qwara View Post
    Please do not ask people to spam up the petition system just so you can see if you are correct about this.

Some people have the issue, some do not. As Lethadon said if you have an issue with it, petition and we will help you out
    Actually i was suggesting testing the actual name-request bot, not the petition system. Using the */name nick newname* command is not the same as */petition 'help me rename my toon please'* and i was not advocating any mass spamming of the petition system. Also, i don't see any place in my post that suggests any use of the petition system at all... only the testing of the name-request bot itself.

On a related note, i'd like to thank those who have responded to my name change petitions, as they have been helpful and polite each time.
    Last edited by Sidethrust; Apr 10th, 2007 at 09:29:27.

Sigh.. I tried petitioning to see if they could get my name change to finally work, but after playing for 5 hours I logged out. I got a email saying my petition was cancelled because i wasnt online....

DOES NOT WORK FFS

thread over
    Last edited by zathariel; Apr 11th, 2007 at 20:23:08. Reason: the thread was over
    i win teh internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpacket
    omg luk i h4ve 12 yrs & i sw3r cuz i'm s000 l33t
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysken View Post
    its always these damn problems.. 24/7 6 days a week..

XD

Closing this thread due to some people getting a little too hostile and ridiculous in it. If you have any issues with /name command, please petition it. Thank you.
    Guardian Lethadon
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisor of Rubi-Ka

Forum Rules