Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Permission to speak freely? RK2

Permission to speak freely? RK2

Ok I hear people are upset with me I get alot of complaints mostly from the guilds I have flamed but a few want to know why I am so angry?

Well thats pretty easy to explain for the most part I've become angry because of what I see as a downward spiral in the world of Rubika on RK2. I left the game 6 months ago to do some other things and get some things squared away. I got those taken care of and came back to the game to see that its nothing like it was when I left.

Before I left PVP meant groups of people running around H20 hunting each other and having a blast doing it. It wasnt Standing outside a PVP zone waiting for someone to step in regardless the reason and ganking them.

Before I left it didnt matter what side you were on. I would go to BS and get groups and they would be a mixture of Nuetral, Omni and Clan together and we would all call each other friends. In fact the minority were those that would hate the other side. I come back and now theres this stark line drawn where it breeds the most de****able of actions against each other in the name of winning a war for ones side.

Before I left I had more friends on this server than I could count. I could easily find any number of people to group with, most of all it comes down to being able to say that this is not the RK I left 6 months ago it is one that has seen a large degradation of the fibers that held it together.

It's one where the love of loot of a Pixel Rendered Dragon out wieghs the love for you friends.

Its one where the love of a title next to your name puts aside any moral or ethical thinking.

Its one where we can justify the incivilty of our actions by saying its just a game.

We've long passed the point where this is a game to be categorized as any other. We have come a long way, we are a community of people. I would hold up a point to make about this.

A few months back a young man died on another game, DAOC. On the server he played on which I went to see at the time hundreds and hundreds of people showed up in a PVP zone thats the equivalent of 25% to honor this man who had managed to piss off alot of his enemys but they showed up anyways. They respected this man and put aside their differences. Would you do the same here? Do you feel that comaradery and respect for your fellow players that you could do that?

This is why I wine because before this was a game I liked because of the social climate, the way people stood up for each other and would suppress there most base instincts for concern over how it would affect thier friends. Now I see a competition of vanity and greed that has superceded the very fiber of this once proud world.

I still have the hope that one day the majority of players will once again be interested in what is good for the whole rather than the one individual but I dont think its going to get there soon. I think the old days when we were all young and pretty naive to the turns this server would take are gone for good. I miss players like Zzzzzzzzz, Angrymedic, Mobiggly, Gplus, Narfff, Spyo, Who have either left the game for good or taken sabaticals from it. They were in my opinion one of the things that made this game so much fun when it was laden with bugs and unbalances in the early days.

I'm sorry if this is long winded but if you want to know why I wine this is it. I expect the flames to come pouring in now so have at it but remember. That person that cares for the words of his enemy, should take heed of the voice of his freinds.

Enough said

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer

no offense but....

Barbbs,

I really don't know where you purchased your "high horse", but most of us wish you would get off of it and keep your opinions to yourself. I don't know when you got this "mentor attitude" and how you consider yourself to be of such "grand moral character", but sit down, shut up and relax.

This is a game, simply put. If you don't like the current climate, then please find your way out.

Also, I never understood role playing, but if you want to do it , please do, just keep all your damn announcements to some other chat channel, because as a fixer Im tired of hearing about your so called events.

Have a nice day,

Coag
    So, it's sorta social, Demented and SAD, but social.
    (The Breakfast Club)
    Coagulator - General of the Professionals

Yep.

War is hell.

NO I won't give you a 400 perception buff Clan Scum!

DIE!DIE!DIE!

No Offense taken your opinion is the basic opinion of quizotic which has caused so many problems on RK2 its rediculous. Plus if you think I'm on a high horse you've got problems its called having a sense of self worth and having morals. Theres a difference. If this letter pissed you off then I'm sorry it wasnt intended too. I am just stating facts that even you dont deny. I dont really give a damn about what people say about me or how they feel about me you'ld have gotten that from my post but I do care about slander which is basically what you've done in this letter. I'm not on a high horse I am stating facts clearly, the way I see them. Though this is I will admit my opinion its one I believe is correct.

Barbbs 167 Old School Fixer
    Last edited by barbbs; Sep 2nd, 2002 at 23:12:40.

Proven Ignorance

Barbbs,

It must be difficult being so tightly wrapped and having to take yourself so seriously day after day. You are the worst kind of bigot, you know nothing about me or about my play style, yet you pre-judge me based solely on my guild affiliation. There are many idiots in this world that do the same thing do I really need to illustrate the comparisons for you?

Having self worth and morals are fine, but if you truly want to "role play" as you call it, then maybe you had better wake up. Do you think if it was truly a "WAR" then soldiers would say, "Oh no I can't kill that individual, they're too weak, too small, theyre the same race, profession or breed as me.

As far as :
    slan·der Pronunciation Key (slndr)

Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

I never said anything false or injurious to you or of you. If you want to communicate effectively perhaps you had better educate yourself a little more before you come out to play with the "big kids".

Your letter did not piss me off, nor have you. I play this game to enjoy myself, relax and have a good time. I do not however view my character or game play as anything "real", because guess what? It's not, it's a game, as I said before, but you have seemed to miss that.

Finally you have stated that:

I am stating facts clearly, the way I see them
    Well Barrbs hate to tell you, the way you see things are of no interest to most of us, as are my opinions, the difference is that I'm not out shoving my opinion down everyones throat, as you are.

Like I said before sit down, shut up, and relax. Just keep repeating:

It's only a video game.
    It's only a video game.
    It's only a video game.

Once again- Have a nice day!

Coag
    (The Breakfast Club)

PERMISSION DENIED.
    GET BACK IN LINE SOLDIER!
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Re: Proven Ignorance

Originally posted by Coagulator
    Barbbs,
    It's only a video game. (That I have spent a year playing, camping, slaving over, endless night and sleep deprivation and stress and, omg im going crazy...help!)
    It's only a video game.
    It's only a video game.

Once again- Have a nice day!

Coag
    hehe.....Its a game yes...but much more.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Uhm I am educated enough to not have to resort to insults to get my point across. Plus the fact is that you did slander me when you said.

I don't know when you got this "mentor attitude" and how you consider yourself to be of such "grand moral character", but sit down, shut up and relax.

So maybe you should think again about your insults. It seems very much like you care or you wouldnt be posting such flames like you did. Again I dont care. I never knew you very well anyways but in game I never treated you badly. You are all bent out of shape because of what I've said about Quizotic in the past. Well boohoo why dont you grow up now. I said most of what I've said about Quizotic in the heat of the moment and alot of that stuff I'ld like to take back but I cant but I still stand my original thought.

Hopefully this will be my last thought on Quizotic and Tara. If all the people play a role in defeating tara then all the people should be allowed to enter the roll for loot. The person that says that their guild is the only one allowed to loot should think of this.

When you group to go hunting do you tell your friends in your group outside your guild that they cant loot any mobs or treasure chests? Do you tell them once a Boss mob has died that all the loot is yours cause you did more damage and that they should just learn to deal with it? No you dont cause if you did you'ld have no friends and no one would group with you. Thats no different than what Quizotic did that day they decided all Tara loot was Quiz and Quiz alone. That to me was them stabbing me in the back. So if you dont like my comments and you disagree with me then tell me I dont care cause you're letter had little information other than hate and anger which to me shows that you need to calm down over the situation before you start posting on it. Your hate for me is based on the words I've said about Quizotic and thats to bad. You'ld have said the same thing about Pax if we'ld done the same to you.

As for the rest of the people who compain about me wining about being ganked well this is the final argument on that topic. How would you feel if every duel you've been in ended up with some one from one guild Total Chaos ganking you? Even though you've never done anything to them. These people take the time to kill you when your dueling a friend or sitting at the arena having a good time just for the thrill of killing someone and pissing them off. Thats what pisses me off if it was anything more than an effort of one side trying to piss the other off then I'ld never had a problem with it. Total Chaos goes out of it's way to ruin anyone clans day. I remember a long time ago when I would group with TC in Home and they were different people but now they are maliscious to anyone not on the Omni. But hey by what they do they hurt Omni too they steal kills from them they make it the clans gank omni when they come to MMD theres no honarable combat allowed there cause of the ganking. Name any member of Total Chaos and tell me when you hear there name what you think of? They made their own reputation stop wining to me and live with it. IF you dont like what people say about what you do then stop doing it.

Enuff Said I am sick of defending myself to people when all I've done is comment on actual things that have occured. If they piss you off then stop doing them for gods sake.

Barbbs a pissed off Old School Fixer.

Whatever

Barbbs,

What's funny is I have no opinion on your statements about Quiz and or Tara. My comments were based on your "guidance" as far as acting like a fixer, then you continued in this forum regarding action as a game player.

I will not sit here and defend nor condemn Quiz. Some of the things we do as a guild may be wrong, some may be right, who's to say. Not me, I do not stand as a judge over anyone. I do however hate it when some self-pious martyr comes down the line and begins to tell everyone how they should or should not act. Actions speak louder than words in all instances. Let your actions guide people instead screaming at them every chance you get.

Oh and by the way, nothing I said was false and if you were injured by my telling you to "shut up and relax" then I am sorry, but ya kinda do need to RELAX!

Coag
    Last edited by Coagulator; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 01:46:11.
    (The Breakfast Club)

I do need to relax.

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer

Chain mail

LOL!

Too true!

Coag
    (The Breakfast Club)

Nice to see Total Chaos and Quizotic getting on the same side of things again. Sniff... makes me all misty eyed. Cause you know how much your opinion hurts me. You're both so damn cool I want to be in cool guilds like yours where you make everyone think you're a pack of dogs rather than people sigh... To be in a guild thats just full of normal nice people... Its too much for me. But again its nice to see you two get along so well.

I dont really care all that much about what you say so stroke your egos some more with the little insults boys. It's nice that I struck a cord with you guys though. I havent seen people as bent out of shape as you two since the contortionist convention.

Barbbs 167th happy old school fixer

barbbs Just fYI

You don't want TC and Quiz to team trust me ..lol
    They would own every dragon..End of discussion..

You were not there the day we killed those people.So your comments are empty. Please try to discuss something you fully understand.

FYI.. I was one of the old school Fixers .
    If you truly knew me, you would know that.

ooh the brickwall that hugged me to death :P
    Last edited by Ocura; Sep 4th, 2002 at 10:25:06.
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    PERMISSION DENIED.
    GET BACK IN LINE SOLDIER!
    LOL
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

It mite be a rpg game barbie, but its called ANARCHY online.

You are free to play this game exactly as you want.
    All the statements you've so gracefully shared with us, its your priviligue to have.
    I don't mind you want to play with omni friend, or neutral friend. it doesn't bother me you want all rk-2 to be one happy family, and it doesn't bother me that you want everyone to feel, think and act as honorable as you apparently think you do.
    But i don't think you have any right to tell other people what they are doing is wrong.
    And i also think you have a major tendency to comment and interfere in issues that are none whatsoever of your business, and i think you work against your own goal for this server by uttering them.

I think this little true story better than anything illustrates my opinion on your posted freely spoken speech:

About a week ago I joined a guild by the name of Quisotic. I had a number of reasons to join this guild. I had thought it true. I had heard a lot of bad things about them, a lot of rumours, a lot of lies, and probably a lot of things that were true. I'm not gonna come into the reasons why I joined up with this "Evil" guild, since its none of your business. I can only say its not to get uber ganking tips or access to items (you didn't think that would even be possible did you).

About 10 minuts after I had joined I suddenly got a tell from a character in game I had never seen, never heard of, never talked to, and at first I thought it was a noob asking for credits or someone wanting a buff.
    Then this character starts telling me how I've done a big mistake, starts talking crap about the guild i've just joined after long consideratoin. Telling me how much I will regret it and how stupid I am.

Do you really think someone like that will ever have any effect whatsoever??
    Did you reckon I would think "Oh, really? So quiz is bad huh? k. just gimme a sec while i type /org disband and maybe after you can bless me with more of your knowledge of rights and wrongs and how I should play this game called ANARCHY Online."

This thread is not meant to be evil or dissing the good intensions you might have barbzzz. But I believe there would be way more constructive ways for you to get what you want out of the game.
    Last edited by Ghandalf; Sep 4th, 2002 at 13:19:14.
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Quiz

Quiz is simply not a group of evil people . We never have been .
    Some people outside of the guild roleplay a little to much and have nothing better to do but bash peoples names. Sending evil tells to any player is not acceptable and could be harrassment.

It is true quiz has always been adding competitive players like Lordbedwyr and hope to continue to do so. Maybe insted of bashing us.. join our group and learn what quiz is truely about.

Re: Quiz

Originally posted by LittleTotem

join our group and learn what quiz is truely about.
    this is the reason i joined.
    because i was so tired of all the people whining and crying and telling rumour and lies about the guild.
    The people i knew in quiz when i was not a member never fitted with the description i got form others.

So because I'm was tired of others telling me what was true in their eyes. I've come to find out myself.
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Re: Re: Quiz

Originally posted by Lordbedwyr

this is the reason i joined.
    because i was so tired of all the people whining and crying and telling rumour and lies about the guild.
    The people i knew in quiz when i was not a member never fitted with the description i got form others.

So because I'm was tired of others telling me what was true in their eyes. I've come to find out myself.
    As always great to have you.. I truly hope you decide to stay!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast