Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conselment speed

Concealment speed

Sense our professionals are afk or were ever they are im going to just complain as a professional because they haven't posted/edited things sense lunette left us. they haven't posted in shade forums or shade related things sense two weeks after le. witch is well crap. So we going to have to do this our own way without them.

On topic:

So Its been suggested many times by shades/agents alike and a few months ago i came up with a formula to make walking around in sneak faster easier for concealment users.

The Formula uses three tiers much like the perks/specials AO already has in place. The tiers would be based off your concealment/runspeed. I have yet to decide if it would be based off your base skill (Pure Improvement points) or Actual Skill (Buffs and all)

For base formula it would be as so:

Tier one 1-500 runspeed/Concealment:

Each 4 Skill points gives you 1 more speed. So having 500 runspeed and concealment would give you 250 runspeed on top of your Sneaking speed (Witch is 0 skill in ao atm)

Tier two 501-1001 runspeed/Concealment:

Each 5 Skill points gives you 1 more speed. So having 1001 runspeed and concealment would give you 250 From tier one, Then another 200 from your tier two, Giving you a grand total for tier two 450 runspeed in concealment.

Tier three 1002+ runspeed/Concealment:

Each 7 Skill points gives you 1 more speed. So having 1500 runspeed and concealment would give you 250 From tier one, Then another 200 from your tier two, Then additional 142 from tier three Giving you a grand total for tier two 592 runspeed in concealment.

592 runspeed is about 1/3 of what players have self buffed at 220. witch personally is fair they could even bump the numbers ever higher if they wanted. If you were to take buffs into the formula it would be alot higher Sneaking speed. lets take 2k runspeed/concealment, you end up with 735 sneaking speed witch isn't a hole lot but is quite fair compared how fast players are running now days.

Now your probly wondering what happens if i have 1k concealment and only 500 runspeed. how will this work will it use all tier 2 stats or be caped at tier one untill i break tier two stats on my runspeed. What it would do would use each of your skills indapenditly but adding to your sneaking speed so Concealment would use tier one and two giving you +225 from that and then runspeed from tier one would give +125. making your sneak speed 350.

Peace

-Chao-
    Last edited by Chaoticshade; Mar 30th, 2007 at 04:20:28.
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Bump and Singed.

I play my agent now and then and remember it's tough to strike at the right time in sneak.. but that's ranged., been a melee prof and needing to be behind the target will be alot more tough.

(>'_')>

About time this matter be brought into light, agents can stay faraway in sneak and pick off who they want, but shades gotta crawl behind someone and by the time u get there they run off, or is already dead ...lol, hope it gets implimented. :P

I've been suggesting that for years. I even made a line of nanos, but I can't seem to find the thread now. Anyway, as much as I want that to happen, if it hasn't been done in the 3+ years since I suggested it, it most likely will not happen.

I agree. conceal + melee isn't fun or viable on BS.

-Jordie
    No I will not buy Age of Conan. The list of reasons could fill a phone book...

Strafe sneaking is fun.. for a while.

/sign!
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

Great idea,would really like to see it ingame.
    Along with this I would like to see the rubberbanding fixed on BS...it's quite annoying to sneak behind someone,start to alpha,sneak him land 1 perk and than suddenly he somehow he pops with 5 meters from you and your alpha is ****ed.I've seen that so many times that's not even funny.

I would like to see Shades get conceal buffs and some kind of stealth speed increase mechanic.

/sign!
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

bump for this,

CS for professional

For sure we need something, they all got fa as, only way to survive is to run fast and hide as much as possible but now, every doc nt.. knows if he doesnt stand still he wont be ganked by a shade. Very oftne i miss all the action, while i select a weak target and try sneak behind him, my team mates already killed my target or else they all got killed and i m sneaking with lots of omnis around me and gotta slowly sneack out of there.. U can easily sneack at doors and gank ppl but thats more the title farmer s strategy, i wana be usefull in bs but not always in ap av...
    before LE it was kinda fair, shade is not a decent pvp prof but are awesome in pvm, but now we bought LE and i think we need a litl something +ar +conceal speed or maybe special blockers like mp =)
    Last edited by biris; Mar 30th, 2007 at 10:45:58.

I fully support this.

Dream On Fellas!
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

bump for a nice idea... another thing we shades could use related to this is a kind of "vanish" maybe once and every 3 minutes or even 5 minute... like.. a nano to cast that our enemy instantly looses us as target and we go into sneak...... since else we getting wtf pwned with no chance on any add
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

I agree too!
    Katrinams220 Trader Dugihazsar220 Doc
    Katrinams3220 Shade Pathrunner220 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Limefire View Post
    I declare war on Katrinams. Don't act suprised. This has been brewing for months.

This idea!!
    Aleah, MA :: Zhoie, Doctor :: Scarlett, Soldier
    Neutral, (former) President of Art of War

Dipping my toe back in, thinking of returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, this is an exploit I am totally cool with people using. :P

Bump, feels like you're crawling when you're concealed ><
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstream View Post
    bump for a nice idea... another thing we shades could use related to this is a kind of "vanish" maybe once and every 3 minutes or even 5 minute... like.. a nano to cast that our enemy instantly looses us as target and we go into sneak...... since else we getting wtf pwned with no chance on any add
    Sounds like someone plays a rogue on World of Warcraft heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstream View Post
    I'd love that if *most* of our enemies we'd be using this on didn't have have perception.
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

I rarely get spotted in PvP when concealed. And with some kind of nano that gives us more conceal, we'd be gold. Although it clearly rings of WoW, I'd be all for a "Vanish" ability.
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

played dr00d at Wow.. tho i loved the vansh ability of rugues and always thought like... "gimme that on my shade and i pwn all j00 kiddoes!!" =)
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast