Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New line of Nanos to help PVP

Well... It's the effect I'm after... How it's done I don't care
    I don't know enough about the game mechanics to say how it can or should be done, in order to have the intended effect, without serious and unintended side effects, but again I'm sure FC and the community have the knowledge required for that.

Regarding the debuffs effecting some attack perks... That was the intention, I wan't to hit where it hurts... on the specials, as well as the perks.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    The technical issues were what i wanted to point out.
    oh oki, i probably didnt get it correct. But anyways, wtb something like that

they got stuff to nerf haeling, we can nerf their specials by gimping their bodies. <3 sounds like something doctors could do.

Though it needs UBT duration ish.. might have to "cripple" more then one target if we are gonna outsurvive someone and have time to do any dmg.

How about a special blocker nerfer?

Some thing to fight back at mp's/engies atleast

Maybe imbedded in each dot tick on a new dot or smt

The UBT suggested is ridiculously overpowered. You will get all weapons to 0% OE, increase all recharges by minutes, and want it to last 120 secs, at insta cast? It would cripple every single profession out there, not be a selective nano to hurt some.

Take a look at the new nanos MPs got e.g. For a nano like that, it would last for 10 seconds, with a recharge of 8, won't stack with any other debuffs you have (healing debuff/nano damage debuff/ regular damage debuff all share the same line for MPs).
    The new NSD has a duration of 15 seconds, with a recharge of 10, and is still removable by perks. Any of the new PvP debuffs is very shortterm, 45 seconds being the most.

The nano in your form would have a NR check of 200%, turning it into another Epsilon purge, which would be utterly useless. The new PvP nanos are all about choice, they last for a very short time, and there is no way to run them all together.

Edit:
    With FullAuto/Burst you have the cycle variables you could increase to get a higher recharge. AS has no such thing unfortunately, only depends on the recharge of the weapon and your AS skill. I don't know if you can directly influence the recharges, I would guess no.
    Last edited by Camar; Apr 3rd, 2007 at 12:05:49. Reason: also something constructive ;)

A UBT style nano with a special skill debuff would be nice, but only if it was -750 or so (similar numbers on some nemesis nanos), enough to slow down recharge, maybe put a weapon to 75%, and thus reduce dmg a bit more, at least we would live longer then, though we still can't kill too well.

Maybe more wrack and ruin style DoTs could be useful.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Camar View Post
    The UBT suggested is ridiculously overpowered.
    ...snip....
    Added the following to the proposal I made:

EDIT:
    Reduced numbers since people went crazy over those I had there...
    Let me make it clear: I'm making a suggestion here which aim is the effect. I have no idea whatsoever about what the real numbers should be in order to not make them overpowered.
    See them as a basic idea... Should nano's with the proposed effects make it into game, I'm pretty sure FC have the ability (?) to choose some apropriate numbers.
    This goes for all 3-4 suggestions I've made.

True

Like I wrote in my edit though, I have no idea how this can be accomplished for the mother of all specials now, AS. No cycle variable to increase, only way would be to decrease AS skill directly, but this would have to be very carefully balanced to be

a) not too much not cripple everyone
    b) still high enough to affect agents

Quote Originally Posted by Camar View Post
    True

Like I wrote in my edit though, I have no idea how this can be accomplished for the mother of all specials now, AS. No cycle variable to increase, only way would be to decrease AS skill directly, but this would have to be very carefully balanced to be

a) not too much not cripple everyone
    b) still high enough to affect agents
    True... but also depends a lot on the duration of the formula... The more it's made crippling, the shorter the duration should be.

Actually I could very well see the AS modifier being higher than any of the others, in order to really hurt the professions not meant to use AS, while only affecting agents to a lesser degree since that's their primary offense by far. The debuff overall would still hurt them badly on their non-natural (can you say that O.o) specials that some agents fancy using, like SA... (Just an example)

Sorry for the necro...

I like the UBT idea for docs but it should be removable, have the same check/duration/attack/recharge as UBT and nerf at least -2k from all specials. Put it in the same line as UBT so it doesn't break on attack and thus giving the doc a choice, do they want to nerf the inits of regular hits/casting, or the powerful specials of said profession.

-750 FA or AS isn't going to do much to a soldier or an agent, recharge wise, if anything.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Retired Doc Professional
    wtf

thats why the brainstorm thread was opened, for ideas. no need to necro year-old threads (that arent even relevant anymore, cause we have pvp dots already.)
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

You can blame me for that Mambo. I was talking with Hacre last night and was pretty sure I pointed him at the brainstorm thread =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    wtf

thats why the brainstorm thread was opened, for ideas. no need to necro year-old threads (that arent even relevant anymore, cause we have pvp dots already.)
    Sorry I got pointed at this thread...

You might have PvP DoTs but you don't have something like the UBT that I bumped :P
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Retired Doc Professional
    you want a ubt that reduces weapon skills by 750?

sorry, no. even if it wasn't OP, theres no real need for us to have it.
    Last edited by Mmba; Apr 15th, 2008 at 21:56:44.
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba
    you want a ubt that reduces weapon skills by 750?

sorry, no. even if it wasn't OP, theres no real need for us to have it.
    Kinda hard to respond to a closed thread, so...

The big deal here is that it is NOT weapon skills that are reduced... Traders deal with reducing weapon skills and thereby people AR, not doctors...

However...
    Reducing special skills do not (afaik) change anyones Attack Rating, however the idea is to reduce the speed with which specials get ready again, which means it is an extension of a tool Doc's have had for a very long time, namely UBT which reduces the speed of normal attacks and casting.

There's a huge difference imo.

The way you reacted to his post and the suggestion makes me think you misunderstood this imo very vital part of it.
    I may be wrong of course, but I do not understand your reaction to it then unless you have firsthand knowledge of FC's stand on this suggestion that none of us know of.

If that is not the case then my personal opinion is that it belongs on that "Doctor Content Brainstorm" list of suggestions as well as many of the other suggestions that have been put forth.... Unless it's a list of suggestions censored to Mmba's liking...

It's not to sound overly harsh really and I have the highest respect for you and the way you usually handle things, but I really do think your reaction to his post and closing of the thread was out of bound (or whatever it's called).

When responding indirectly that it is OP I would like an explanation as to why you think it is OP... It may very well be, but arguments go a long way to sort things out and helps to either change or evolve ideas.

If it's OP and there's no real need for us to have it, then I guess UBT and init Proc's are equally OP and really not needed in our repertoire.... As far as I can see they do essentially the same thing (As so far the game mechanics can handle it according to the idea put forth).... Slow down damage dealt over time.

Whether it can be done or are OP depends solely on the possibilities of the game engine and the modifiers put on it in my opinion, and I personally think that FC are far better suited to make that judgment than anyone else here.

/peace

EDIT:

Btw... what's with all the "necro hate"

If it's a thread that is still as viable and dealing with issues that are still being discussed, then why on earth keep making new threads for the same subject???
    People in general are very fast to shout "Use search" in order to avoid more threads than necessary on subjects already discussed....

I really just don't get it.
    Last edited by Mekh; Apr 15th, 2008 at 21:26:12.

Indeed. I'm actually glad to see that I did not have an original thought and that a good doc like Mekh made the suggestion and got the idea before I did.

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind the OP statement Mambo. Let's discuss it rationally =D Oh and I promise if you do I won't derail this thread =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Haminie View Post
    I have a GREAT idea for this too. I've been working on it for the past few weeks. Tell me what you guys think of these as new "PvP" heals...

Not even almost funny. they are trying and if u dotn wanna, dont spam it here go flame on LoR....
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

Mh, I like the idea as I said in the original thread but I still stand to the points i made.
    - It would OE weapons so the effect is far more then reducing speed, it can very well cut the damage done by normal shots/specials in half.
    - It would work unfairly as different specials are affected differently by it, burst would increase by a huge number while brawl, sneak attack, dimach wouldn't even be affected. And if they use the specials before it's casted on them they still are recycled in 8/11 seconds, if the use them afte it hits the burst skill may still be locked for 120 seconds even when if they die. Unfortunaly unlike inits it's not a dynamic recharge but locks once when pressed.
    - And lastly it would lower the AR of perks too. There are many perks that are based on AS (allmost all agent perks), Burst or brawl.

If they would make a new variable that works like skill lock modifier worked in the past did and increase the recharge by a percantage it may work. Then only the problem of them dieing and still having their specials locked remains.
    Then again, it's not affecting perks at all and the specials can still be pressed in one alpha.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I think it would most certainly fit into the doctor's line of debuffs and their role in PvP as well as extend them further beyond heal monkeys.

-2k to all specials, RP the description into some viral agent that inhibits a toon's greatest strengths.

-750 won't do anything to most agents/soldiers in regard to recharge. I think this would be a perfect tool for a doctor to have in their toolset.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

-2k would OE every signle weapon to 0%. hence no more damage from the weapon at all.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Retired Doc Professional
    -2k???

do i really need to reason why docs shouldn't get a -2k weapon and/or special debuff?

the most we have at the moment is -100 or something from a dot, which was the top of the line RK debuff/dot when it was introduced.

mekh, this is the reason i locked the thread. our heals dont need any lubbin for pvp, we already got a pvp dot, and now suddenly docs want to take a page out of the trader book. i saw no real reason to discuss this any further. (sigh) servant to the community, mmba

we are who we are, and thats not traders.
    Last edited by Mmba; Apr 16th, 2008 at 00:54:22.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast