Thread: Freelance: A Neutral One-Man Criminal Network?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: A Neutral One-Man Criminal Network?

A Neutral One-Man Criminal Network?
    March 23, 29481 - Noticiero Rivera [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Last year the Underground Network of Criminals was in the spotlight for a short time due to an incident in Omni 1 Entertainment. Afterwards UNoC's appeared to fall apart after their leader at the time granted me an interview to say he was joining the clans. The UNoC has resurfaced recently, as a one-man criminal network.

After Mr. Whitegrid's departure from the Underground Network of Criminals members began to leave in droves. The new leader, a Mr. Duraz was left alone in the organization; everyone expected him to disband the organization and move on.

He disappeared and it was assumed UNoC was no more. That was until things began to disappear in Borealis. First it was food supplies, tools and small hand-held equipment, things, which people sometime misplace and forget about. Then larger industrial equipment began to disappear, property of Omni-Tek. Weapons, armor and things which the corporation did not appreciate missing.

Rumors of the NDI (Neutral Defense Initiative) being behind it were rampant, but they never claimed responsibility. A few clansmen made some claims that they were "liberating" some stuff, which the clans needed, but never were able to prove beyond words.

With dead ends at every turn, I was going to abandon my investigation however fate seems to have a liking for the #1 clan reporter on Rubi-Ka. My belt beeped, with a message from Mr. Duraz claiming to know who was behind the thefts. I was to meet him in an abandoned warehouse outside of Borealis, of course I had to go.

As per ICC Public Broadcast Regulation AF3241-17, sub-section C2 we have partially censored this log:

Noticiero: Hello Mr. Duraz.
    Duraz: Hello Mr. Rivera.
    Noticiero: Let's get to the point of our meeting here. Who is responsible for all the stolen OT property?
    Duraz: Me.
    Noticiero: You and who else?
    Duraz: Just me.
    Noticiero: I'm sorry if I seem a bit skeptical but the amount of things gone missing would make it extremely difficult for a single person to take.
    Duraz: Well, I did have some help.
    Noticiero: Ah, who was it, other neutrals? Clanners? greedy Omnis looking for some extra credits?
    Duraz: Nah, bots.
    Noticiero: Bots? as in robots?
    Duraz: Yup.
    Noticiero: All mecha are programmed not to steal, it's written in their core matrix Mr. Duraz.
    Duraz: True, until you find a way to modify that one rule. Which is what I did; not easy mind you. It took me months to find a way to create nanobots able to enter a bot's core matrix and rewrite a single line of code without affecting the AI.
    Noticiero: AI?
    Duraz: Yes, short for Artificial Intelligence, it's what the core matrix does so a bot knows right from left, up from down and right from wrong according to their programming.
    Noticiero: Are you telling me you have robot thieves working for you?
    Duraz: Yup.
    Noticiero: The question now is, why have you chosen to reveal yourself now?
    Duraz: Well, the omnis have been occupying my city for quite a while. We're approaching the first anniversary of the forced occupation of Borealis by Omni-Tek. I figured my fellow neutrals may want to know there is someone able to stick it to the man.
    Noticiero: The man?
    Duraz: Tarkhan Zora.
    Noticiero: Ah, so you're doing this to defy the occupation?
    Duraz: Yeah, that and well... A neut has to make a living, why not off the bastards that invaded my town?
    Noticiero: Good point.
    Duraz: I was not an angel before the omnis came, but things were nice there. Everyone minded their own business, no "security checks" or "show me your ID" crap like now. There is no real freedom. Sure they let the clanners go into town now, after what...hundreds of neuts protested and they were on the newsgrid every day chanting to free Borealis?
    Duraz: They only let the clanners into town to have a "nice" image, corporate public relations fix is what I say. Right now Administrator Jessica Lonare of Omni-Admin is running my town, is she a neutral? hell no. Her two pets, Brigadier General Stephen Nelolius of Omni-Tek Armed Forces and Unicorn Colonel Eric Seliniss are the ones who keep "the order" in town, by scaring and threatening anyone who even looks at them wrong!
    Noticiero: Well then why not ask the clans to interfere?
    Duraz: Then the omnis will have a reason to kick us all neuts out of Borealis, if not kill us altogether.
    Noticiero: True, so instead to..."stick it to the man" right?
    Duraz: Damn right!
    Noticiero: You do know that once this article is out on the newsgrid they will be looking specifically for you and your robots.
    Duraz: Mr. Rivera, I wasn't made with a finger. Anyone can be a fixer, but there is only ONE Duraz. I've single-handedly pulled the rug from under the omnis collective feet...hell I stole the rug and the floor it was laying on, heh.
    Noticiero: So you have no fear of being hunted down?
    Duraz: Fear? nah. I'm not stupid, I knew what I was getting myself into when I called you and I have taken several precautions to give me a high rate of survival. They can search for me until the leets come home, but I'm a sneaky bastard. While they search for me, I will be picking their pockets.
    Noticiero: May I ask whom do you sell the stolen goods?
    Duraz: Well, a good chunk of my clients are clanners who I dealt with in the past, which are unlikely to turn me in to their own enemy. Neutrals... Which of course get a nice discount from me. Of course a handful of omnis that instead of going through the red tape of getting something and having to wait god knows how long they come to me and get it a bit cheaper than from their own masters....but at a higher rate than clanners and neuts.
    Noticiero: Seems like you've made a good life for yourself.
    Duraz: I do alright, actually I have enough to retire if I wanted to. But then who will be able to pull my friend Zora's pants down when he isn't looking?
    Noticiero: Hahahahahahahahahaha!
    Duraz: Heh.
    Noticiero: Is there anything else you would like to say in closing?
    Duraz: Yeah yeah! Hey Omni-Tek Bastards! You and the 'corns can go to hell as far as I'm concerned! Get the hell out of Borealis and let us have our town back! NDI wake the hell up and kick some butt already!
    Noticiero: Thank you for your time Mr. Duraz.
    Duraz: Anytime, hmm...are you by any chance looking for a new suit...I got this new shipment...

Before going our separate ways, Mr. Duraz showed me a small robot, which had taken the liberty of picking my pocket during the interview. That was enough proof to convinced me that what he told me was accurate. I was not allowed to take a holo-pic of the robot because "they may recognize him".

So there you have it. A neutral one-man criminal network, strange but true. How will Administrator Jessica Lonare react when she hears that a neutral and a bunch of thieving robots are the culprits to all the missing corporate property? well...let's just say I would love to see her face when she reads this.

This is Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera, and this has been 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive'!

Attached Images:
    duraz_meeting1.jpg
    duraz_meeting2.jpg
    duraz_meeting3.jpg
    duraz_meeting4.jpg

Robots have been spying on clan organisations as well! I found a faulty droid the other day. If you buy a droid that had parts that were manufactured in borealis, please terminate and re-purchase from a more reliable source.

Thank you.

Lanforvi.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Phylicity View Post
    please terminate and re-purchase from a more reliable source.
    A reliable source? Ooh ooh! I can help with that one!

/me sees a staggering leetbot with a thin tendril of smoke issuing from the head
    /me kicks it into the storage closet

So, as I was saying....

Seems like you are having a lot of fun, Duraz.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I applaud your work Duraz
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor