Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262758 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Island clearance

Does it matter? You are at Newbie island for like 10mins anyway

And the AI weaps are way to powerfull at the beginning anyways :[
    Meep.

make a mini alien boss on noob isl that drops types for the low ql ai wpns. That would be cool, otherwise, the ai guns that drop there are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Merko View Post

Well the whole point of this suggestion is to make NI more interesting so that people wont leave after 10 minutes.

The newbie area at the moment is too boring and confusing for the new players to stay interested and continue playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Karniceiro View Post
    make a mini alien boss on noob isl that drops types for the low ql ai wpns. That would be cool, otherwise, the ai guns that drop there are useless.
    There is no alien guns dropping from the island anymore since way back when...

If FC was really trying to get people to learn the game on NI and not quit when they hit the mainland due to not knowing what to do and not having any creds, FC would have not touched a thing and just added the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Merko View Post

If I remember NI/AI weapons right...
    1) all ranged weaps had a single bullet in stock. No actual use.
    2) all melee weapons had high req skills - unreachable for any <15 toon without imps/buffs.
    3) If you decide to stay on NI and wield them "at all costs" - at the moment you can do it all mobs around you are grey. Does not worth an effort.

On the other side, their 'uberness' clearly showed to newcomers the difference between unpaid and paid accounts. It worked good... until 'fix'.

Please:
    - Restore storyline. With ICC spacestation, Shuttle-crash and so on. Dropping shuttle near the shore is good enough not to raise swimming.
    - Restore items drop-table. If you can use all items you find - there's no interest to advance. If you don't know about something - it (normally) causes you to think or ask.
    - Keep new quests, but show the other way - you can get those items from crafting too.
    - Add weapons to boss drop-tables. Newcomers see only armor loot. This is confusing.
    - Assign volunteer to NI. Every time I log to NI - I work as one. But people continue asking even if I'm not there

Thanks.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

bumpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Cour View Post
    Bump
    bump!
    I want this away from page 3
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

i agree old island was much beter fix plx
    Pawsofury - 220/70/16 Adv
    Dont suffer from insanity..enjoy it

1 out of 4 people in this country are mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem ok, Then your the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaws View Post
    So, a bit late to rant about this, but everyone that has played for more than two years knows, that there used to be all kinds of cool things dropping on Newbie Island, implants, clusters, dyna boss armour parts... ALIEN WEAPONS...

Life was bliss, but you couldn't fit that many in your inventory. Soon, the guns and armour began to disappear, leaving only the current sets and metaplast in, then metaplast and implants, boom, gone... now we are left with, exactly... not much to collect! I can go to Newbie Island and be unable to fill up my inventory alone.

And what then, what do we get then, after even alien weapons are removed? A backpack... a backpack, for what?

So please Funcom, please... bring back the implants, the clusters... the regular dynaboss loot... the alien weapons... PLEASE! Then we will be able to actually use the backpack on Newbie Island.

I need as much support on this one as possible, if there is a remote chance on getting this through. Support making Newbie Island into a fun start of AO once again, and not a formal Anarchy-Online 101 tutorial!

Supporters:

- Wolfclaws
    - Aeliniyah
    - PerfectOroh
    - Cour
    - Fynix
    - Elsix
    - Nanofat
    - Loul
    - Quilluck
    - zarkosama
    - Willone
    - Valerus
    - Mekh
    - Clamdigger
    - Nuadha
    - Youngling
    - GForce
    - Atlasdreamer
    - Forek
    - Quillick
    - Neista
    - IT_Ninja
    - MekaKurg
    - Jiyrau
    - Grafter
    - ShadowKali
    - rimbe
    - noky
    - Circlestrafe
    - Saetos
    - Ekaros
    - DragonBrother
    - CallMeBurma
    - Joehoo725
    - Pevarnja
    - DDM_Cypher
    - Nadab
    - Eralius
    - meatybitz
    - egadsrk2
    - Shonta
    - IHaveHugeNick
    - alesicis
    - Hnalome
    - Xyphos
    - Makabey
    - Kain97
    - Vaan
    - Losten
    - UglyCassanova
    - DrLongfellow
    - pericus
    - Meloniez
    That list needs to get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaws View Post
    That list needs to get bigger.
    Bump for that.

Come on people, sign up! This man is trying to do something positive!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Well, if he'd update with those who have signed......

/signed again

i have to agree

seeing `ai weapons made me upgrade ai, finding all sorts of loot both drew me into the game and made me want to learn more about how to use said items.

new NI? flat and boring

sighn me up

put it back! lol i miss the attention of new players to you when they see u got metaplast XD
    j00 r0xx0r, sayonora!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phyxal33t!!!!
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1484/phyxleetao8.jpg

ill sign...

if only the guards wouls flag u....;p
    :-3 MEOW!!!! Plz dig in my litterbox :-3

put me on the list

bump for more interesting loot of the mini-bosses and bring back the low alien weapons
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

I give thee: BUMP!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

bump-o-matic

Not letting this rot in the bottom just yet!

Give us the old and interesting NI back - or better yet improve it - but DO SOMETHING!

I think we have enough names in that list to atleast get an official comment about the issue? no?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    bump-o-matic

Not letting this rot in the bottom just yet!

Give us the old and interesting NI back - or better yet improve it - but DO SOMETHING!

I think we have enough names in that list to atleast get an official comment about the issue? no?
    Yeah, it's not by any means a short list... but FC's /ignore button is strong indeed... check the CoH chest thread if you need proof.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Didn't mean to sound discouraging! Keep at it!

BUMP!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262758 ... LastLast