Thread: Newbie Island clearance

My thread is not a battleground! *Broomstick shaking*

We need to organize a search party for CallmeBurma, missing since page 19.

He's probably trying in vain to farm up some AI weapons at the Shuttleport.
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    Sour, tired, long time players. Why keep going? The answer is because the game is good. It just needs a little updating from time to time. Here's hoping FC's next few patches and the engine update get the job done. Bugs are inevietable in video games. The only real bug is when the devs stop trying to repair them.

If you want to fix NI:

Start with the morningstar and toon selection, followed by the ICC Space Station, complete with NPC's. Put them in the ship, let them watch it crash (but in an updated and more graphically enhanced video). The crash may not be the best story ever, but at least it's A story. As of now, I pop out of what must be a sand crab hole on a beach.

Restore the loot, in all of its obscurity and mystery, including TMTS's. Give the aliens back their drops, and let players walk into the alien ship, which can be tiny, and allow very short instanced missions. Other than that, let NI go back to the way it was, but leave the new missions in. That, combined with the engine upgrade, should really give AO a boost. New froobs will come, stay, and eventually upgrade.

I can go with that, because its exactly what we all asked for back when it was first changed. Though I love you instanced AI ship thing. That would be a cool addition... I also agree about making the character building and the transportation to RK more "interesting" graphically.

Return To Newbie Island

Now there's a nice movie title! Unfortunately the present Newbie Island experience is closer to watching a film strip on coal mining. I agree that the learning curve is steep, it was for me even though I had a friend advising me on the mechanics and preventing me from going down many dead end paths. I thought it was a great mixture of people with widely varied experience levels. You had a lot more conversation, I thought, with players helping each other. I'm sure a lot of questions were answered by people with experience waiting for something to spawn. Anyway I would vote to put things back, at least partially.

Just bump. Already said everything above.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

Oh my god, it's at the top again.

Also add ARK Stripers near Bronto @ Island and noone will leave teh island

(No trox in Tutu plz)
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    Also add ARK Stripers near Bronto @ Island and noone will leave teh island

(No trox in Tutu plz)
    Get out of my thread!

Sign me up.
    I have been a froob for almost 2 years, and have never been comfused by the alien drops and I doubt that anyone has.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Sign me up.
    I have been a froob for almost 2 years, and have never been comfused by the alien drops and I doubt that anyone has.
    Well how did you post on forums then?

IDK what's so confusing about "must have Alien Invasion." That's more of an ad than a puzzle.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

List again updated.

Hey Tani reckon you can put a Total Signed at the bottom of the petition? It would be good to know how many we have without trying to count them I know im lazy
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Well how did you post on forums then?

IDK what's so confusing about "must have Alien Invasion." That's more of an ad than a puzzle.
    Take a guess "I have been" meaning, I'm not anymore and for the other part, and read the thred

"I think it was said somewhere that the Alien weapons were removed because they were confusing the newbie froobs too much."
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Jul 29th, 2007 at 09:58:07.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Lots of changes occurred to newb island in the name of newb friendliness. Funcom did not want to confuse the newbs with all this uberly complicated stuff that told you in plain english if you could use it or not.

The real reason behind nerfing the island? I don't know; but I find it hard to believe that they really think they were making it better for newbs with these changes.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

The 2 main requirements for NI:

1. Give people a hamburger (RK items)
    2. Show them a BBQ behind the corner, so they could see, but not eat (SL/AI/LE items)

Right now, even a hamburger isn't that ****y. Where're all old good items like rings/imps/Waste collector NCU's/ etc?
    Yep, finally we have a backpack to take items with you to mainland, but we don't have any goods to take with us

P.S. Can pet parsing/pet responce time be fixed, at least for QL<6 pets? If I payed attention to it before, my engi would never be 220. It just would never be.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Bump.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Bump.
    Cmon Devs.. Sirilon.. Someone..

This would be a good fix during the long downtime scheduled next week.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Bump, damnit! Do it already!
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

to teh top
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast