Thread: Newbie Island clearance

Nowadays when I start a new toon I do one of two things:

1) Get enough AXP for ALVL 2 and get out of NI
    2) Get out of NI at level 1 or level 2 and roll ql1 intel pistols

It's sad that there's nothing left on NI to keep me there a bit longer. WTB old nubi island back. Add me to the list.
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Hey Rocky.... watch me pull a BUMP out of my hat.........
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

bump, Still waiting on reply from FC overthis.

Back-from-vacation-BUMP!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Rolled a new toon again yesterday cause I was bored. I smashed my tab key, kill some mobs, got my loot ran, join omni, kill like 20 spiders then ran off the island. About 10 minutes; not fun, not intuitive, just plain boring same old grind.

Bump to revive newb island
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

*Beams down a new bump*
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Back to page one.

Buuuuump!

And also WTB some comment from FC... (though i don't think its gonna happen...)

19 pages with not even a peep from FC... doubt we'll get one soon
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    19 pages with not even a peep from FC... doubt we'll get one soon
    FC didn't comment on the Motorcycle thread either, so that's not the issue.

What if part of FC's revamping of AO later in the year includes a new starter area or a revamped noob island? It's not unprecedented... you used to start in the backyard, then a shuttleport, now a nerfed island. Maybe they've got something up their sleeve. Maybe I'm a blind optimist, but if they're talking new engine and new expansions, they must have something in mind for snaring new players, and popping up on a beach like a heckler isn't it.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

well, one thing is for certain, the old newbie island was way more fun then it is now. I used to roll toons just for newbie island to relax at times (I know, im weird), but the place sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by megabrawlman View Post
    well, one thing is for certain, the old newbie island was way more fun then it is now. I used to roll toons just for newbie island to relax at times (I know, im weird), but the place sucks now.
    Same here. Haven't done that in a while (see all 19 pages of this thread for why).
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

I don't even bother to start there anymore. I go to Jobe, and straight to a Borealis backyard as soon as I picked a side.

I'd have to agree that FC may just have something up their sleeve with the revamp, but put me down as a supporter anyway.

I got a RL friend interested in the game and was trying to help him out on the island (was on my main at the time) and didn't find out what had happened until I loaded a lowbie I hadn't played in forever. Imagine my surprise when the building I was sitting next to wasn't there anymore (used to log on the plateau that the whompah building was on), much less the other issues.
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

The list counts 83 and going.

Bump- to infinity and beyond!

And heres my half hearted BUMP! Who wants to bet there is nothing in 17.5 about NI?
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Angry

Ok im starting to get the impression that im the only one left bumping Dam You FC!!! You have killed players interest!!! I bet if(I mean when) players stop joining AO they will wonder why and we will get to say a huge "I Told You So!" So for now I am going to stop bumping for awhile and see who else steps up to the plate and keeps this thread up the top where it belongs.
    *Tips hat and walks over to side lines to watch*
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast