Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293061 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Island clearance

back 3 odd years ago as my first gimpzor i remember the awesomness and the huge burden of trying to learn. 3 ood years later heheh, i am still a noob at some things. This game is too big for a fast learn.

Dont do AO if you want easy street. This game is made for masocists and obsessive-compulsives while being run by sadists and dark deities.

Ever read the TOTW and IS loot item descriptions?

hehe

They are not talking about some being.. they are talking about FC themselves.. They let the crys of torment and anguish of their paying players sing them to sleep.

They build thrones of the bones of froobs and decorate their offices with the skins of deleted toons.

They do all this and we LIKE IT.. man we are a messed up bunch of people..

hahahahahaha

Eleven pages without any opposition, and still no feedback from FunCom.

And here goes todays back to the page one bump!

BTW - I'm also wondering why we don't get any comment from FC about this matter?

Do they even read the forums anymore?

-Ael

I'm sure they do, but game suggestions seem to cause allergic reactions and they may be outa claritin

(bump)
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

11 pages???? Not even one reply Super Bumpage!!!
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Bump, just to see how long FC can ignore it's players.

Quote Originally Posted by WisebutCruel View Post
    Bump, just to see how long FC can ignore it's players.
    Check Micro-Kinetics thread. Mind that current one is third thread on this topic...
    I hope you've got the answer.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

I am with you 100% on that. Alien weapons made all that much better and well. its hell having to stick with regular weapons for like 20 lvls depending if u want Ai 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    I think it was said somewhere that the Alien weapons were removed because they were confusing the newbie froobs too much.

Thats just a load of bs.

-Ael

QFT.

I have to say, maybe add the starter island items back in, and send the fr00bs to their own island for the hand-holding, and let the veterans/paying crowd start on an island loaded with goodies. Just be another perk of paying to play!

No way!
    You missing the point here. Froobs MUST see those weapons - to see the difference and to imagine how good their toon can be with them.

Yes, maybe on NI you need additional explanation about them (although I think the one we had was ok)

You can even assign a GM to the NI. If _3_ additional froobs per hour will decide to purchase SL/AI(NW/LE), it's 90$/hour income (leave along their friends who will come to the company)
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

Quote Originally Posted by Elsix View Post
    Check Micro-Kinetics thread. Mind that current one is third thread on this topic...
    I hope you've got the answer.
    Isn't this the most succesful thread on the matter in question?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaws View Post
    Isn't this the most succesful thread on the matter in question?
    Even with the erratic posting patterns of the FC crew, I'm shocked that someone hasn't posted the obligatory "thanks but no way" thread on this.

I'm wondering if there's some issue that we're missing that prevents FC from doing what we've all asked. It's clear that the majority want a restoration (if only by representative percentage of regular forum posters), but is there some issue we haven't touched on? Is there an underlying issue we're overlooking?
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

I wonder how they can say no to actual improvement. Leaving Newbie Island at the bland start of your adventure it currently is only will lose them potential customers.

To Equip:

Must have expansionset: Alien Invasion

Aiiieee! My head is spinning in confusion! I don't know which way is up!!! What's a ranged nanomage enforcer like myself to do?
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    To Equip:

Must have expansionset: Alien Invasion

Aiiieee! My head is spinning in confusion! I don't know which way is up!!! What's a ranged nanomage enforcer like myself to do?
    rofl

bump. Newbie island is crap now.

Bump, when I was a froob on noob island and saw those awesome ai weapons, I wanted them so bad I almost had to upgrade.

I upgraded by the end of newbie island (before I left) mainly due to the fact I was aware that I was missing out on content - bad ass aliens. I left with some alien weapons, then spent 15 mins talking to someone's pet in Bor. Yes, really, I did. The fact I'd not see alien action for another 60 levels was unknown to me at the time, of course. The newbie island should have you drooling over what you're *not* getting. It'd be nice to have a few mechs walking along the beach on patrol for instance.

Comments:

Entry hall going baffles me. Change it so you have a half screen window looking onto a battlestation! Promote LE etc.
    New NPC missions are good. Thumbs up.
    Generic shop food items are bad - realism crashes when you get items saying "shopfood" not "obviously valuable Sci-Fiction items best try and sell them". Its semantics, but kinda important, unless you go the comedy route and have "Giant Space Rats" to level off (its been done).
    Placement of Zixx (or rather, re-naming of old spawn, I never got AXP off them originally, had to kill soldiers) is illogical, and anti-climactic. OH SCARY... bugs. Randomly mixed in with trash collectors etc. At least put in a half-crashed ship into the dock area that they're scuttling out of, so players can see that they're ALIENS.
    Nano packs are still oddly placed, hard to find and up to the player ~ there should be a NPC (decked out NT perhaps) standing there to explain them. Takes no time to knock out some explanatory dialogue. And the console should be SF and not look like a wall decoration.
    Somewhere there should be a double- portal to SL, which you can 'look through' to see the great scenery. i.e. you walk through it as a fr00b, but a jobe person (tier 2-3 please!) steps forward in the entry area (as you gawp around the floating islands) and says "you need to have Jobe Explorer credentials, blah, blah to enter the shadowlands". For SL owners, the portal on the other side of the waiting area goes to the SL one (which they should be allowed to switch through, finding the Jobe portal as a newbie is pretty difficult, esp. in OA).
    Mission terminals. It should have one!

For paying customers (re-rolling X thousand times) you could always have an option "disable shuttle crash" where the new toon is dumped straight in the city of your choice.

bump for pips ideas

and bump for the whole thread :P

wtb official response
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Angry

FC have abandoned us. I believe we wont ever get a "Official" response from anyone. Wonder if they would take noticed if we all done a max exodus from the game LOL. That would scare em LOL
    Ramorth - Keeper
    Mementha - MP Rk2

Best AO Vid Ever!

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293061 ... LastLast