Thread: A Last Wish: To Means

A Last Wish: To Means

Tried to send this to a PM, but then I figured I'd let you forum vultures tear it apart. That, and I doubt it would ever get read anyway. Have fun.

To Means:

I have had a less than pleasant visit from a GM (keeping it clean so this thread can stay semi open), and as such, I am packing up and heading to another game. After 4 years, I'm leaving the game that I love. I just thought that you should know why people are leaving, in hopes that certain things can be fixed. I want to leave with some constructive criticism that I have acquired over the years. This is not something as simple as "ZOMG NERF OMNI SB PLOX" These are the things that I think define Anarchy Online, and are solid concrete things that the game should be.Giving you my "Ando's top ...whatever"

1) Provide more content for the 1-205 crowd. Sector 10 was an excellent start, and the new 150 playfield that you mentioned sounds like steps in the right direction. But there is a definite need for more group/raid content in the lower title levels. Give the people a taste of what it's like to get to that top level, don't make this another game to rush to 220/30/70 and then run out of things to do. Allow people to sit back and relax. Enjoy the game.

2) One of the things that I really enjoyed when I first started the game was the rich storyline, and about how my actions felt involved in something. Random ARK events in Borealis, Rome, Athens; the website showing updates on events, cities constantly changing hands and such, get back to more of the original storyline, you guys did an awesome job with it. Don't throw it aside. Reinstating IRRK would be an excellent start.

3) This is a bit off, but it's been on my mind for a while now. I see it as game breaking. The ability to Outside tank needs to be completely removed from the game. It removes the element of skill and enjoyment for other players that are trying to enjoy the game as intended. To me, this is borderline exploiting. An alternative would be a form of mentoring system (what I am reminded of here is the system in place in Everquest 2) this is so that lower players and higher players can interact more, and gain friends and such.

4) Going back to the rich storyline, this game desperately needs to either revamp or completely scrap how a new player enters the game. The Arrival Hall where you had many different NPCs giving advice, leading down to the Shuttle and being shot down was cool, now it just doesn't make sense. I have some things in mind as far as this in concerned, but that would make this long post far longer. Just make the into flow. Gently set me down in the game. Don't grab me by the scalp and facebash me into it.

I hope you can take a few of these things to heart, and seriously work on them. You have a fantastic game, and from what I have seen, you are one of the best Game Directors this game has ever seen. Keep up the good work.

With love,
    Andousto
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

dont let the door hit you on the way out
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    dont let the door hit you on the way out
    booo.

The guy's telling his experience. no need to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by noobastank View Post
    booo.

The guy's telling his experience. no need to be rude.
    I was about to say the usual door>your ass... and frankly it's weenerific to present some sort 'I'm going, if only' clause, like some plaintive goodbye that's actually a masked plea for recognition or acquiescence.

And all those negatives are true. If you're going to go, go. The veil dance thing doesn't work.

However, the points this guy makes about the game are valid. They aren't the kinds of things that would drive anyone from the game, near as I can tell, since the original story structure has been ignored since at least 2003, maybe 2002 (before the OP joined the game), and the other complaints, though valid, aren't deal breakers. They're not new. They're not extreme.

Sounds like the OP had a bad day with a GM. I had one once too. Pissed me off. So don't be a weenie, dude. Suck it up, send Means a PM... and delete your thread.
    Last edited by Gastastic; May 26th, 2009 at 04:27:09.

you actually got to talk to a GM? i've only heard from a GM twice, once when i lost a leet doll in my jobe lux bathtube, and 2nd time was when reporting credit seller spam, which btw they fixed in like 2mins.. usually you wait and wait and then wait some more so it's good to see they got their priorities straight.

anyway normally all i get is either clueless arks, or the few good ones i've ran into that do have a clue are powerless to actually do anything.

anyway as per your suggestions i agree story needs to be resurrected with a vengeance, and it also needs to be drivin by player actions when ever possible.

also i agree with you about the ICC hall, that was a nice start to the game, then you get on the shuttle and get shot down, talk to the nurse.. now you just start on the beach.. why they felt the need to cut the hall and crash sequence out i'll never know.. it was an idiot move imo.

i guess the 8 year olds could'nt figure out oh wait i need to swim 20 meters over to the beach
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Bump for a well thought-out post and some good ideas.

Good luck in your alternate game, dude.

While some of the ideas are good, the whining at the beginning about the encounter with the GM ruins it all because it makes you sound like EMO.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastastic View Post
    I was about to say the usual door>your ass... and frankly it's weenerific to present some sort 'I'm going, if only' clause, like some plaintive goodbye that's actually a masked plea for recognition or acquiescence.

And all those negatives are true. If you're going to go, go. The veil dance thing doesn't work.

However, the points this guy makes about the game are valid. They aren't the kinds of things that would drive anyone from the game, near as I can tell, since the original story structure has been ignored since at least 2003, maybe 2002 (before the OP joined the game), and the other complaints, though valid, aren't deal breakers. They're not new. They're not extreme.

Sounds like the OP had a bad day with a GM. I had one once too. Pissed me off. So don't be a weenie, dude. Suck it up, send Means a PM... and delete your thread.
    While some of the ideas are good, the whining at the beginning about the encounter with the GM ruins it all because it makes you sound like EMO.
    No, this was not the only reason. More like the thing that set me off the edge. That's why I wrote one simple line about it, and left it at that. Emolicious. The point of this is not why I am leaving, or really even that I am (because I'm really just an average player that none of you has ever heard of). Just trying to leave some positive feedback. Hence why it is in the Game Suggestions forum. That, and Mean's PM bag be full.
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

We surely set high standards for the OP's posts. To bad you can hardly notice it anywhere else.

Good suggestions, especially:
    - add content for TL5/6
    - remove OST's.

Bump!
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Aside: Why people who run forums don't mod their forum software to give admins/moderators infinite PM space I'll never understand.

Bump for the suggestions.

Level lock tara to tl5 one easy way to begin.
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Aside: Why people who run forums don't mod their forum software to give admins/moderators infinite PM space I'll never understand.
    Because then Means would wake up after the weekend to having a few thousand pms to read. Which, if it were me, he'd just go "Oh screw it" and not read any. Which'd then mean his pm box just gets more and more full, with him ignoring everything in it.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible