Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat Alert pack for uber doctors (level 100+) V2

Chat Alert pack for uber doctors (level 100+) V2

Chat Alert program with the "Chat Alert pack for uber doctors V2" can give you audio alert whenever your nano program terminated, HOT/DOT/buff/debuff terminated/stopped/fumbled/aborted, target not in line of sight, etc.

This can help you easily prevent accidents and improve your efficiency to make you an even more uber doctor! The pack is designed specifically for doctor profession, accumulating configuration experience from over two years of playing, countless SL/AI/RK missions/battles/raids/hacklers/blitzing, and over three hundred BattleStation encounters.

How to get it to work?

1. Download "Chat Alert" from: http://www.halorn.com/chatalert.html
    Install the program, and read "Chat Alert Readme.rtf" if needed.

If for some reason the installation executable file doesn't work on your computer, you may download: http://www.krolle.org/Chat_Alert_Doctor_Pack_v4_All.zip . unzip it, then go directly to step 3.

2. Download "Chat Alert pack for uber doctors" from: http://www.krolle.org/Chat_Alert_Doctor_Pack_v4.zip .
    Unzip the content into the Chat Alert directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Chat Alert\. It's the final directory after installation, not the original setup/zip file directory). This will override the default configuration files of Chat Alert with the configuration files built specifically for doctors.

3. If you don't know how to enable log file in AO, read "How to Create AO Log File.html".

4. Run "Chat Alert", enter AO, be a uber doctor and save the world!
    Last edited by davidchiou; Aug 17th, 2007 at 02:37:03.
    DavidChiou 220/26 Neutral Doctor

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self. ~ Albert Einstein

Technical note

* Target users:

The configuration files are designed for level 140+ doctors (or level 100+ twinked doctors).

Lower level doctors can simply change the text of DOT/HOT or related nanos to lower QL ones. You may copy/paste the configuration text for the lower QL debuff/HOT/DOT you are using from "alertsounds.low.txt" to "alertsounds.txt".

* Troubleshooting:

If you have very huge log file, it may cause Chat Alert program to take much CPU resource when initializing. Delete the huge log file and everything will run smoothly.

The program has been running smoothly on various computers, including a 800MHz laptop with 384MB RAM.

There seems to be problem running Chat Alert program on Vista.

* Chat Alert program support:

Covenant is the creater of the Chat Alert program. You can find his contact information in the "Chat Alert Readme.rtf" file. Please do not post program issues on this thread because Covenant may not be able to see your post here.
    Last edited by davidchiou; Aug 24th, 2007 at 09:12:54.

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self. ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by davidchiou View Post
    [B]
    * Troubleshooting:

If you have very huge log file, it may cause Chat Alert program to take much CPU resource when initializing. Delete the huge log file and everything will run smoothly.

The program has been running smoothly on various computers, including a 800MHz laptop with 384MB RAM.
    Just to elaborate a bit...
    If you have more than 1 log file for some reason, you should delete those as well, as it seems to minitor each and every log file associated with the account you're playing... At least it helped me a lot, when I deleted all the larger log files I had. It only affects it's initial startup tho, not when it's done initializing

It is only hogging the CPU until it has initialized... after that it will run smoothly, so what I do is:
    1. start chat alert
    2. Start AO and minimize
    3. Let chat alert do what it's doing until it says ready
    4. Play and enjoy that wonder of a program
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Thanks Dockwagon for hosting the files.
    Thanks Mekh for sharing troubleshooting experience.
    It's a pity that Covenant has left game, but he kindly put the source code of Chat Alert 1.4.1 online. If someone knows VB coding pretty well please see if it's easy to skip the initialization parsing of log file

(I will use the new thread for reply so that the old thread can phase out.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyanne View Post
    I have used this for couple days now and I think it's wonderfull, especially at BS!
    Thanks David, now I know instantly when you ubt me
    Thanks for your feedback. Heheh. I won't be able to kill you anyway; will take both of us forever. Only the evil DDs need nerf

BTW, the new version V2 is better. It tells you whenever you counter a nano program. But it doesn't always alert as the two line of texts happen so fast together, the former sound may block the latter sound.
    Last edited by davidchiou; Mar 11th, 2007 at 18:54:39.

Most recent pack is uploaded.

It includes new alerts for new PvP nano against doc, alba snare/debuff, etc.

Enjoy!

david is too uber for his own good
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Just tried this, awesome work David ! Why didnt i install this before ?!

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

nice work david will help me save some lives.... or take some... depending on the situation...
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

V4 uploaded

Version 4 is uploaded. This version includes configuration for Alappaa debuff/snare, Dust Brigade alarm/dog, new doc Team HOT, etc.

I have not tested it for other professionals' new hostile nano as I don't PvP much. If any important PvP debuff hostile nano is missing please feel free to let me know.

Only configuration file:
    http://www.krolle.org/Chat_Alert_Doctor_Pack_v4.zip
    Full package including program executable files:
    http://www.krolle.org/Chat_Alert_Doctor_Pack_v4_All.zip
    Last edited by davidchiou; Aug 17th, 2007 at 02:36:21.

Woot...

Thx a lot

^^ gotta try this I guess been 220 for ages
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Just checked the size of the log file on my main, and discovered it is 78MB.

Makes it very tempting to delete. Anyone know if there are problems deleting one's log files? Does AO simply create a new one?

Cheers

Saw
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2 View Post
    Makes it very tempting to delete. Anyone know if there are problems deleting one's log files? Does AO simply create a new one?
    Afaik it's no problem and AO makes another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2 View Post
    Just checked the size of the log file on my main, and discovered it is 78MB.

Cheers

Saw
    No problem at all, I search my pref folder on a regular basis for *.txt files and deletes those found. A new will be created by AO automatically.

First time I ever searched, the log from my keepers combatspam alone was several hundred megabytes...

Great....that's what I'll do then.

Thx for the info.
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

does this only work for docs ?
    Cutekitty - 211 Engineer
    Rawshader - 220 Shade
    (total 40 chars)
    Member of Reborn (Omni Org)

Quote Originally Posted by Cutekittens View Post
    does this only work for docs ?
    No, but the configuration is for doctors.

For example, DoT A, B and C stopping.
    UBT running out on a target

What Davidchu have done, is to take the chat alert program, customized it to doctors, added some new alert sounds and then made it public for us doctors to an easy package :-)

For some reason it says "monitoring 2 log files" but doesn't plays any sound. WTH?
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast