Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my ranged advi guide

Quote Originally Posted by Uruk View Post
    well i thought english in europe is taught in schools since its commonly used around the planet...?
    You only farm postcount, aren't you?
    Are you able to speak my language as good as I speak yours (french)?
    Maybe you should open another post on how it's pityfull that some guys might speak another language than yours, instead of spamming this post?
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

Cool On topic

The guide is great, thanks a lot to Nwalker. Especially the symb section is something that gives a good overview about why to choose one type over the other.

One thing that might be nice to have in the guide is a section about armor that's especially good considering ranged advys. Iirc, none of the advy guides rooted on forum really cover armor very well and there's some options out there that work better or worse specifically for ranged. E.g. there's the arty crep gloves that might help with FA and pistol skills if you can't afford supple, or that HNTA is better for melee (since it buffs more relevant skills for them), but still works for ranged... etc
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Very nice guide
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

I already wrote a few notes on armours on my org's forum, but it is far from complete even in the french version;p I basically wait to see if we will have a ranged counterpart to rhinomens armor. Preds armor is fine, ancient container is good too, Yuan Chi's Air-cooled Cloak is uber and have a really nice mesh, lion's pants, carlos boots and pants, azure chest, pads of urga van... there is many great and cheap pieces for lower levels in fact^^
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

nice to see new adv guides, good job ^^ now someone hook up the melee plx ( not me, I forgot how to sprelling)

Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
    Bioshield:
    ...Bioshield is the first, it's a damage shield which grow for perk point you put in this line, it goes from 7dmg per hit too 120 points, but override your cyclic shields. The second one is biococoon, when used this perk will absorb (up to a certain amount) any type of damage you might receive during 30 secondes. It begin with an absorb of 800 dmg and grove to 10000 when you reach the 10th perk of this line.
    Bio Shield does not override Cyclics, but Bio Cocoon does. This is from personal experiences.

Great guide though.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

merci beaucoup.
    I endorse this guide!
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

I want to ask...

does Ranged adv at 220 still works in PVP? I have been told that novadays with LE usieng Jobe/Onehander is very bad, and I am about to lvl my advie ( finaly, after all there years) and keep him ranged as he is now...

Any feedback on this?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I'm happy that so many advies follow this guide, but if you have specific questions, maybe posting them here would allow me to write more detailled answers than the /tell nwalker way;p
    <3

Totally digging this guide. Thanks for posting. :D
    -- returning player: jennyrotten
    solitus adventurer; level 000/00
    rimor (rk2); not in an organization

I'm happy that so many advies follow this guide, but if you have specific questions, maybe posting them here would allow me to write more detailled answers than the /tell nwalker way;p
    Makes me wonder one thing.. Apparently you have the only adventurer in the game that is crap (according to yourself). Wouldn't that mean every single adventurer that follows your guide makes himself the worst he could possibly be?

Quote Originally Posted by Nogueira View Post
    Makes me wonder one thing.. Apparently you have the only adventurer in the game that is crap (according to yourself). Wouldn't that mean every single adventurer that follows your guide makes himself the worst he could possibly be?
    lol despite your sig you don't seems to know this game so much, maybe stop PLing alts;p did you heard that ranged advis and melee ones do fine in pvm, but as melee ones do fine too in pvp ranged ones sucks badly?
    Oh wait, you only tracked down my posts to farm greed/drama;p
    wonder what you want, pl your advi melee trox with your usual NT, or get a life, choose your wet dream and accomplish it. Unless your wet dream is farming greed, so farm maturity, reach 18 years old, and have fun. Otherwise, check theonora's listing, but for trox ranged we have at least chrixx, and Jackydos1 as nano 220.
    ask ppls from this thread and you will find answers about ranged advis regarding your breed. I'm happy to help ranged advis on rimor, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I only ask for questions here instead of tells, because most individual questions can help this guide to become better. Any questions?
    <3

Actually, Chrixxx has recently turned to the dark side.

Oh my god:/ it's a clump of awfullness so:/ pew pew ftw!
    <3

un travail magnifique.. trés bien..
    or how we say around here.... Bom trabalho!!!!
    helped me remember and rethink some options...
    the armor mainly with all the possibilities available now makes it kinda tricky and interesting... ofab,ai,db, etc.... humm would appreciate see some ideas from you...
    ah...and all for a drama free world.....

HaVe fUn!!!!
    SirX 220/30/.. Adv e Timaria 220/25/.. Sol e SecX 220/26/.. Doc e Viriato 220/16/.. Enfo e Surfix 172/15/.. Fix e &nd m0ar...
    Gen of Asgard ...hAvE fUn...

bleh:/ while translating a long text I made on DB armor my computer crashed. It will wait so;p
    [reserved so]
    <3

Awesome guide nwalker! it made me stay ranged with my advy for now atleast. Btw what is flying shot?

lol despite your sig you don't seems to know this game so much, maybe stop PLing alts;p did you heard that ranged advis and melee ones do fine in pvm, but as melee ones do fine too in pvp ranged ones sucks badly?
    Oh wait, you only tracked down my posts to farm greed/drama;p
    wonder what you want, pl your advi melee trox with your usual NT, or get a life, choose your wet dream and accomplish it. Unless your wet dream is farming greed, so farm maturity, reach 18 years old, and have fun. Otherwise, check theonora's listing, but for trox ranged we have at least chrixx, and Jackydos1 as nano 220.
    ask ppls from this thread and you will find answers about ranged advis regarding your breed. I'm happy to help ranged advis on rimor, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I only ask for questions here instead of tells, because most individual questions can help this guide to become better. Any questions?
    So, because I picked the strongest option for my adv I obviously know nothing of this game...?

Ok that makes a lot of sense. Almost as much as sticking with a setup you're not happy with, knowing that melee would be better but refusing to go there.

Oh yeah, and chrixx went melee, I kept nagging him to do so for a while And yeah, he's liking it

Saying either melee or ranged is the 'strongest' is sort of misleading. Melee definately has an advantage in PvP, but ranged has better solo-ing damage and end-game better PvM damage as well, so it really depends on your preference. Even though Chrixxx told me he is loving melee he commented about his pvm damage and AR being lower (although he admittedly was missing some melee stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Saying either melee or ranged is the 'strongest' is sort of misleading. Melee definately has an advantage in PvP, but ranged has better solo-ing damage and end-game better PvM damage as well, so it really depends on your preference. Even though Chrixxx told me he is loving melee he commented about his pvm damage and AR being lower (although he admittedly was missing some melee stuff).
    My god, other people understand too! WTB others learning about trade-offs.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast