Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little bird whispered in my ear...

A little bird whispered in my ear...

... trader pets need work, and they will be getting a boost. When you say? I don't know

PS! This comes from a highly reliable source!
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

what kind of Bird was it?

Ostridge
    With his head in the sand, moving the duration from 30 sec to 45 sec.

Or

Bird of paradise

moving the duration from 30sec to 1 hour.
    Recast every 30 mins.
    Higher AR (note: allow the pets to be effected by umbras)
    Changing the graphics on the pets to look like the The Lab Director Orbs he spawns. Which would make them unique. Note: Our current pets look to much like crat pets......

Im hoping for a Bird of paradise......

But seriously, any change is welcome because our reward of a pet for getting 220 stinks...
    Last edited by odian102; Jun 24th, 2009 at 17:28:41.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Yea, would be nice to have my entourage with me for more than what...15 seconds? I mean I pay them on retainer, and they don't stick around long enough to earn it.

Money hungry bastards.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Silent "Melphina" Lullaby - 220/30/70 Omni Trader RK-1

Riders Of The Lost Org's First 220/30/70 Trader

Sixth Trader on RK-1 to hit 220/30

still, it's better than 'I got a fetish for a chick from a deep freezer' outlaw star character

Why would we need an update to our Social Pets?

When in negotiations involving a High Priced item I am selling, to cofirm a lower Pirce I simply Summon up my VP's, we chat and make a decision...

Do you mean to tell me people really try to use these pets in Combat?!?

I have yes. And it's comedy gold to watch the opponent pee themselves when they go from fighting one opponent to 5 lol
    __________________________________________________ _
    Silent "Melphina" Lullaby - 220/30/70 Omni Trader RK-1

Riders Of The Lost Org's First 220/30/70 Trader

Sixth Trader on RK-1 to hit 220/30

still, it's better than 'I got a fetish for a chick from a deep freezer' outlaw star character

Deprivious,

You call them a "Social Pets" because they stink. So you use them only for social.

Hitting 220 and this is the reward, kind of stinks...

If they did it right at the beginning, you would not be calling them "Social pets" They had a great idea with a debuffing pets but had thier head in the sand on implementation...

Note: Definition of Social Pets: Pets that are viewable and targetable, but can not attack or be attacked.
    Trader's pets can attack and can be attacked, which makes them True pets not social pets. They just stink or a bad joke from a funny developer...
    Last edited by odian102; Jun 24th, 2009 at 23:37:12.
    Omni Trader on RK2

odian102

http://dictionary.com

The word your looking for here is sarcasm

thats s a r c a s m

If it gets to complicated you come on back and I can type it for you slowly so you understand.

Deprivious,

Hard to tell sarcasm when you ask questions and people start replying to them.

But it is what it is...........

Do you mean to tell me people really try to use these pets in Combat?!?
    I have yes. And it's comedy gold to watch the opponent pee themselves when they go from fighting one opponent to 5 lol
    Pretty lame job of being:

S A R C A S T I C

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcastic

implies an intentional inflicting of pain by deriding, taunting, or ridiculing
    Last edited by odian102; Jun 25th, 2009 at 02:01:24.
    Omni Trader on RK2

From the very little testing I did with these (pretty hard to `test`when they only last 30 seconds every hour), they might actually be useful in PVP. Now the really funny (scary funny, not haha funny) is that if FC are thinking about boosting these, you have to be asking yourself what are they going to nerf because there is no way in hell that traders need PVP love in the game right now. NO way.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

pets can be disabled so easy in pvp, i dont see that being a big issue.

having 3 pets running around you, Is a BIG Sign saying: KILL ME PLZ....
    Omni Trader on RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    From the very little testing I did with these (pretty hard to `test`when they only last 30 seconds every hour), they might actually be useful in PVP. Now the really funny (scary funny, not haha funny) is that if FC are thinking about boosting these, you have to be asking yourself what are they going to nerf because there is no way in hell that traders need PVP love in the game right now. NO way.
    Are they doing more damage or what is the boost exactly?
    And is this boost on live atm?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by odian102 View Post
    pets can be disabled so easy in pvp, i dont see that being a big issue.

having 3 pets running around you, Is a BIG Sign saying: KILL ME PLZ....
    Being a trader is already a big sign saying kill me please. 4 pets isn't going to change that and no, 4 pets are not easily disabled in PVP unless your a crat or fixer with AOe root/snare. If i remember correctly, the pets also have very big NR. maybe it's irrelevant now but when they were released, they were difficult to affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Are they doing more damage or what is the boost exactly?
    And is this boost on live atm?
    Oh, i'm referring to the testing on live I did when I first got them. I don't know if this changes is on test.

4 pets isn't going to change that and no, 4 pets are not easily disabled in PVP unless your a crat or fixer with AOe root/snare.
    I have to remember that all traders dont play the same. I personally use concelement and sneak/AS weak or hurt targets alot.

More of a support role in pvp.... Having 4 pets standing were I am sneaking isnt the ideal solution for me.

But I would love the addition for PvM.

Maybe there is some middle ground here: like making it so the recast timer is not reset in pvp like BS, So once your pets die you can not recast them until the timer is completed. Right now the reset timer is at 1 hour. I would perfer it being 30 min. with a 1 hour pet duration.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Maybe there is some middle ground here:
    Sneaking pets?
    Syy

I have to remember that all traders dont play the same. I personally use concelement and sneak/AS weak or hurt targets alot.

More of a support role in pvp.... Having 4 pets standing were I am sneaking isnt the ideal solution for me.
    Not sure that's really relevant. If FC gives uber PVP pets, they aren't going to consider your situation if/when they do it. Your option is simply not to use them if they screw up your strategy.

We will have to see, what the "Little Birdie" comes up with.

But

There is a wide gap between being viable and being an Uber pet.

Right now, the trader pets are not even viable. So, that give a pretty good gap to work with..
    Omni Trader on RK2

Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised if traders get a nerf in exchange for viable pets. At some point FC has to stop heaping good PVP tools on traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised if traders get a nerf in exchange for viable pets. At some point FC has to stop heaping good PVP tools on traders.
    Play your trader and stop moaning
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by -Barg- View Post
    Play your trader and stop moaning
    moans r funneh!
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast