Thread: Weapon question...

Weapon question...

Hey,

So I'm at work and wondering about the Trader prof ...

Think of this scenario:

You're a brand new player, no cash at all.
    You start on newb island, get your first 2 ai lvls and at 15 you head for the mainland.

Would it be wise to :
    Dual log another level 10 char, block your XP gain and do LE mission until you have enough VP to buy a full ofab set + a silverback and also upcoming uppgrades?

I have no idea if that's even doable or if the idea is completly crazy, but ....... could it be possible to get enough vp at lvl10 to afford a new eq and stuff every 10-20 levels?

Just wondering if this would work ... and if the Mk1 weapon is something *decent* to level up with ?

get 131 as soon as possible and wrangle for 1m a go untill you got like 200m

lol
    and then I have a 131 I have no idea how to play? :P

yeah dunno if u realise but... AI shotties drop in newb isle now... Can just camp one or something.

ql50 Ofab Silverback mk 1

371 shotgun req
    1.5 / 1.5 speed
    40-102 (102) dmg

ql55 Kyr'ozch shotgun

370 shotgun req
    1.5 / 1.5 speed
    44-115 (115) dmg

A mk4 is almost identical to a Kyr (type 1) for a given shotgun req, and the Mk5 is better.

So sure, if you did enough LE missions at a low level to have a gigantic pile of VPs and weapon types, it would be fine. However, this is not the most time-effective way to get a character on its feet, starting from nothing. Just blitz and sell buffing weapons
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

If you can get into the level 20-49 battle station, and hopefully on the winning side, it's quite fast to get ql 50 Ofab bits at least. It runs at times on RK2 at least. Silverback isn't that cost-effective in terms of time versus reward imo.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Thanks for the tips...
    Thought I found a miracle way to have decent uppgrades every X levels at least for the first 100 or so levels... guess I'll find a better way !

Thanks!

I used pump on my trader until I could get a low ql Fine Smith Shattergun on
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Woah... ok... why do people like the Vektor ND? It's way too slow and it's for minimum damage too often.

The occasionnal crits are a 1shot kill but it doesn't happend often enough to be worth it (imo).

I finally got enough VP to buy the ql25 silverback ... now I just need to put it in ... should do enough damage to do a crapload of AI mission to get enough vp for the ql75 and ql125 version

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Woah... ok... why do people like the Vektor ND? It's way too slow and it's for minimum damage too often.

The occasionnal crits are a 1shot kill but it doesn't happend often enough to be worth it (imo).

I finally got enough VP to buy the ql25 silverback ... now I just need to put it in ... should do enough damage to do a crapload of AI mission to get enough vp for the ql75 and ql125 version
    For Nascence (besides hecklers) and any RK zones, it's max and crit damage that counts. Vektor has this in abundance, and if you really want slow, try the Pump on for size. Although I do have to admit you need to be able to equip a high QL Vektor to be any decent (a ql15 on a lv10 trader isn't gonna be very impressive, aim for ql30-40).
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

It's not bad if you ladder up your drains. That's significant increase to your damage and chance to crit. Put it this way ... people like it cause it's IP friendly, rollable and buyable in terminals. Of the easily available weapons, it's the best.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I understand that...

I guess I'm a big fan of fast hitting gun so I'll prolly love that Silverback.

Also, I thought that in SL what was important was min damage because of high AC on mobs?

I understand that...

Also, I thought that in SL what was important was min damage because of high AC on mobs?
    Through the lower levels of SL max is more important, except for hecklers.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I understand that...

All mobs in SL will have more ACs than their RK counterparts. But it's not really obvious that they do, at least at first, considering the kinds of weapons we can twink on. Once you start hitting level 80+ mobs however, there's a humongous jump in ACs, and I havent tested how effective a Vektor DRAGON is in Ely Mortiigs, for example, but I bet it's nowhere close to the effectiveness of a Shattergun/whatever-offhand combo.

So yes, ACs will matter. But not right this moment. Probably around Elysium is where you'll start to have to adapt.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

silverback is a waste of time at low Ql. Get an ithaca they are rollable have large crits and are fast . I loved itahca when my trader was a lowbie, they work nicely on aliens and on rk the crits are pretty good.
    by the time yu equip a Ql 199 yu will get your hands on a IS shotty (maw of the abyss) its nodrop
    slow but regular dmg. swap crit scope for Le Hud and yu are set.
    ltr u can get a murdugurlu from pen frops from tig boss.

get nelebs notum battlerod and just reset later...

Get a gun with as many specials as you can get and have a keep team you up every 10mins for the dmg-aura
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional