Thread: Reinstallatiob question

Question Reinstallatiob question

I'm planning to do a reinstall for the game. i hav the game cds. since i've never done reinstalling for any MMORPG games, my question is will it affect my currect savings and characters in any ways? and will i lose my screen shot section? and will i lose anything in general about the game? plz help, thanx!

1. I don't think it will affect any characters...I'm really not totally sure, but I think it's stored in your account.
    2. I think you might. I'd back it up just to be sure.
    3. I don't think much...I've never reinstalled AO myself...

Hope what little I can offer will help
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Information...

I would suggest you do this...

Go to the drive that you have AO installed. Then backup the folder called Prefs. Path is as follows...

C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online\Prefs

Back up the prefs folder because that folder has your char info and prefs. Like hotbar items and such. GL and have fun...
    Misty "Crimeareeva" Meanor
    Life of an Agent - Sworn to Secrecy From Birth™

Crime Inc. Action Figure - Small Crime Thug™
    Copyright© Crime Inc. 1496-29478

Ok, just finished reinstall, and its very kool, cuz not only u dont hav to backup preference, u dont even have to back up screen shots, as none of these will be deleted (though i backed up everything just to be safe). The only thing u have to do after reinstalling is to download patchs again, and if u hav them baced up b4, u dont even have to do tat. But the bad news is the reinstallation still didnt solve my problem at all . this is getting very annoying! and hinders my gaming experience trenmandously! so plz check my "distorted screen problem" post and help if u can, thanx alot!!
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=48381

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your problem. Glad to know you don't have to back up anything either!
    Misty "Crimeareeva" Meanor
    Life of an Agent - Sworn to Secrecy From Birth™

Crime Inc. Action Figure - Small Crime Thug™
    Copyright© Crime Inc. 1496-29478

macros

you will lose your macros and hot bar icons... And your nano icons will be all in the order they are in when ya 1st upload them..
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster