Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hostile nano against doc in PVP & their cure

hostile nano against doc in PVP & their cure

As docs are easy to be ganked in LE pvp, we need to cure ourselves ASAP after being hit hostile nano.

Let's try to collect a list of common hostile nanos used by lvl 210+ against doc. Please also advise how to cure them. Thank you.

Trader

Drain (e.g. Divest Skills, Plunder Skills)

Fixer

Root (e.g. Greater Prolong Encounter, Greater Delay Retreat)

Snare (e.g. Intense Agglutinative Nanoweb, Intense Nano Bindings, Spin Nanoweb, Intense Gravity Bindings)

Crat

Root (e.g. Puissant Void Inertia, Puissant Total Muscular Command, Puissant Captivating Speech, Puissant Inhibit Motion)
    • Cure: Same as above.

Snare (e.g. Shackles of Obedience)
    • Precaution:Spam him (Nano: Fill Inbox)

Agent

Root (e.g. Leisurely Interrogation, Greater Paralyze with Indecision)

Snare (e.g. Greater Delay Pursuers)

MP

Nano Shutdown

Mind Quake, Dominate line
    • Cure: None.
      Precaution: Get more nanoskills or have lower heals ready.

Engineer

Blind (e.g. Disruptive Void Projector)
    • Cure: Got attacked/debuffed/nano. e.g. hit someone with reflect.

Nano drain

Adv

Misdiagnosis (-50% healing LE nano)

Doc

Uncontrollable Body Tremors

Research Proc: Muscular Malaise (Non-breakable), Anatomic Blight (Breakable)

DOT

Shade

Drain nano proc (e.g. Chthonic Dissipation etc)
    • Cure: None. Run away if it lands (and it probably will).

Opifex blind

Blind with -5% nano skills (perk)
    • Precaution: Get more nanoskills or have lower heals ready.

Stun

From Crat (e.g. Contemplation), Fixer (e.g. Jarring Burst, Power Bot), MA (e.g. Tight Embrace), trader (Cosmic Relaxation), anyone with Brawl (Stunned by Brawl), MP (Mesmeric Gaze, Curse of Chronos), anyone with Freak Strength perks trained (Grasp, Bearhug, Grip of Colossus), Anyone with Brawler perks trained (Big Smash, Followup Smash, Blindside Blow)
    Last edited by davidchiou; Feb 25th, 2007 at 04:47:57.
    DavidChiou 220/26 Neutral Doctor

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self. ~ Albert Einstein

Removed annoying formatting from quotes. yw.

Quote Originally Posted by davidchiou View Post

Fixer

Root: Greater Prolong Encounter, Greater Delay Retreat,
    Cure: Any cure besides Free Movement stim?

Snare: Intense Agglutinative Nanoweb, Intense Nano Bindings, Spin Nanoweb, Gravity Bindings,
    Cure: Any cure besides Free Movement and Purge Nano Kit? Can Virus Scanner be used to cure them?
    Might of the Revenant (every 12 minutes)
    OR
    Barrow Strength (every 20 minutes)

Purifying Rods (every 10 minutes)

Clan Atrox SB (every 5 hours)

NR8 (ok, kidding, but it would work and you'd still have your perks

BTW, Crat falls into this listing just as much as Fixer. I'd rather face a Fixer any day than a -good- Crat that knows how to harrass.

Adv

Misdiagnosis (-50% healing LE nano)
    Cure: Can Virus Scanner clean it?
    Doubt it, and don't really think it should.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Feb 18th, 2007 at 09:00:40.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Opi blind with -5% nanoskills

Cure:
    Get more nanoskills or have lower heals ready.

Mind Quake / Dominate - Same 'cure' as above.

Doc procs (and any other procs afaik) are unremovable, AB has a chance to break on hits though.

Engineer blind I'm not sure if Spec healer perks work on it, probably does and I'm just confusing with opi blind, but it does break when you take damage at least so just hit something with shield.

Pretty sure Engi blind doesn't break with Cure but:
    Chance of break on attack 100
    Chance of break on debuff 100
    Chance of break on nano 100
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Clan solitus SB also breaks roots and snares
    Clan atrox SB gives protection to roots and snares after you use it, it doesnt break snares or roots when you use it

Also stuns can be a pain for docs. cure: MoR, free movement, IS book (Teachings of the Immortal One)
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Barrow/MoR are not really cures, as they have to be used before the root/snare/stun lands and they don't clear or reduce them.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Along the same lines as barrow str/motr preventing roots/stuns if used before... we do have the Vaccine nano line that gives added protection against trader drains if used before.

Also, in the MP line, other than NSD, the dominate nano skills nanos are not removable via perk.
    ClockDoc(220/30) - proud member of Obsidian Order (recruitment thread)

What perk removes the engineer nano drain?

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    Barrow/MoR are not really cures, as they have to be used before the root/snare/stun lands and they don't clear or reduce them.
    Go get rooted, then pop your MoR. Or your clan trox SB.

Unless I am hallucinating every time I do it, it works.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post

You must be
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

You are indeed. MoR/Trox SB only give immunity, they do not break roots/snares/(stuns for mor)

Could the original post be updated to show which perks remove which debuffs, which perk line they're from and what the recharge is?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Yes please. I want to know what I can do when my engi friend cripples me in pvp next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edolran View Post
    You are indeed. MoR/Trox SB only give immunity, they do not break roots/snares/(stuns for mor)
    Hrm, yep, just tested it. Thou art correct. So my shade was on crack that day versus that crat (or something else was going on, maybe he was breaking the roots on me ... I can't remember if he left his pets on me or not). He's NR8 now so I had to test on doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockempire View Post
    What perk removes the engineer nano drain?
    None. Some things you can do:

Perk heals, genius, stims, battle-prepared nano rechargers, notum splice or some other nanogain item if there's any I missed. Running away works well too

Nano drains blow (especially while I'm still debating re-IPing nano pool). There are 4 major classes of nano drain that I seem to come across:

1) Shade running -nano proc (their nano, see "Chthonic Dissipation" as the best example) ... hurts the fastest to me especially if they get their -nano perks on us too ... run away if it lands (and it probably will) unless you can get the shade dead very fast.

2) Traders running "Accumulator" along with whatever other -nano tricks they have (if any) ... is a problem if you have other targets, but if you don't, you can probably out-delta this especially if you have the Genius perk. If you're 1:1 or find your nano is going down too much, go DEF and switch to CH + perk heals. The trader won't get you killed unless they time a perfect alpha.

3) NR Shades who perk you with the Spirit Phylactery line (look up "Unsealed Contagion"). Faster fight than the Trader, but far slower than a Shade running the nano drain nano from #1 (the nano from #1 ticks every second, the perk ticks every 2 seconds). These might kill you from nano drain but they shouldn't, their kill method is the alpha. Plus they have to keep redoing the perk (giving you time to land dots / as / etc during this time. Overall shouldn't be a problem.

4) Engineers ... I don't have much experience with this. Is it referring to "Install Notum Depletion Device"? If so I thought hat was a 1-hit, not an active drain, so you just have to recharge after it hits you. It uses Grenade as its AR though, and most Eng in PvP I see use KECs or pistols. I know I've been hit by that one before, just not often. If they have a nano-drain perk, what is the name please? I'd like to go read the stats.

Summary:
    The Trader will -constantly- sap your nano, but if you've managed your pool and delta well, not enough to kill you 1:1 (but enough to be a problem if anyone else around). The Shade can sting but it still has to kill you quick, as their drains are not consistent/constant. Eng is the big unknown for me.

1) Shade running -nano proc (their nano, see "Chthonic Dissipation" as the best example) ... hurts the fastest to me especially if they get their -nano perks on us too ... run away if it lands (and it probably will) unless you can get the shade dead very fast.
    Haven't talked to a lot of pvping shades, but I think commonly they'll be running a stun proc. Dot procs are really vicious though.

3) NR Shades who perk you with the Spirit Phylactery line (look up "Unsealed Contagion"). Faster fight than the Trader, but far slower than a Shade running the nano drain nano from #1 (the nano from #1 ticks every second, the perk ticks every 2 seconds). These might kill you from nano drain but they shouldn't, their kill method is the alpha. Plus they have to keep redoing the perk (giving you time to land dots / as / etc during this time. Overall shouldn't be a problem.
    SP effects last slightly more than twice as long as the perk recycle ( so the shade can keep it running on two targets ), so they won't need to redo it more than once a minute. From messing around with a soli doc friend SP drained his pool in ~40s or so. Best answer is just not to stand still, if you get out of perk range of the shade for a couple of seconds you can break the chain easily enough.

-600 nano points from accumulator and -2000k nano points from Plagiarize Notum every 4 seconds. Genius isn't going to help you much neither is nano delta, even if they don't land it 100% at full def.
    Last edited by Cheapthrill; Feb 19th, 2007 at 21:07:42.
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Edolran View Post
    None. Some things you can do:

Perk heals, genius, stims, battle-prepared nano rechargers, notum splice or some other nanogain item if there's any I missed. Running away works well too

Ok, I knew that.

It's just that the OP seems to me to be implying that there is a perk that removes it.

Edit: Nvm it was my own fault in the first place for getting the names mxed up. Dangit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapthrill View Post
    -600 nano points from accumulator and -2000k nano points from Plagiarize Notum every 4 seconds. Genius isn't going to help you much neither is nano delta, even if they don't land it 100% at full def.
    You can go toe-to-toe with traders for a very very long time, just self-buffed.

EDIT: and without the ransack/deprive removal perks

Accumulator at level 10 is a 25% chance per hit. That means on average, assuming you're going against a Silverback, slightly more than once every 8 seconds (8 seconds average for the regular hits, 1 extra chance every 11 seconds assuming it can proc on ASes).

Plagiarize Notum hurts, but between the Trader having to heal themselves up every time you hit them, trying to land drains on you, and AC debuffs and such, its not something they can spam heal and only drains the equivalent of about 3 BI casts. And it won't land all the time when in DEF.

On the other hand we're regaining 200+ nano points every 2 seconds, can get an extra 200/2sec for 10 seconds every 90 seconds, get +1000 nano points every 40 seconds from nano stims, and that's all self-buffed, so if you get a PNH you're even better off.

The numbers change alot if you're going against a dual wielding trader, as their 25% proc change will land on average every 6 seonds, which is enough of a higher dent that you will start to run out w/out PNH.

PS. There's another reason for going DEF against a trader, that of course being once they ladder up all drains on you you're down to a heal that is so much lower it isn't outhealing CH anymore. The only problem is you have to time your heals so that you outheal their damage without letting them alpha during the recharge.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Feb 20th, 2007 at 21:39:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast