Thread: Valentines Day Story

Valentines Day Story

Valentines Day Story.

Here on this special day, February 14th 29481, The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry and ARK Community Relations are happy to present you all with a real love story happening right here on Rubi-Ka. The story is written by the couple, Lovertrox and Trayha, about their path to love.

Happy Valentines Day everyone! May you all find true love at least once in your journey through life.

Lovertrox and Trayha - our love story

Lovertrox:

One afternoon in January 29480, I went to the Temple of the Three Winds to kill some cultist. Like always, upon entering the temple, I was greeted by their weapons; but this time it was too much for me. There was a person running for his life with more than a dozen angry cultist following, and I got caught in between. Next thing I knew, I was greeted by the sun at the Clan outpost not far from the temple. Gathering my gear, I headed back to temple entrance. Arriving back, I released the pain was too much, so I sat against the big stone near the blind cultist. Suddenly I felt myself freshen up, all my wounds healed. I looked up to trace where the healing program came from, then I saw her, this woman in red.

Trayha:

Last January I was outside Temple of the Three Winds taking a break from gathering things I needed. Getting some sun and people watching, I noticed a hurt atrox. Why I decided to heal this atrox of all the hurt people, was fate. When he turned to me and bowed, he peaked my interest; so I invited this charming atrox to come sit and chat a bit.

Lovertrox:

There's been many times I've been healed by strangers. But this time was different. I felt a strange bolt of electricity flow through me. There was something different about this woman, something that attracted me to her... yes, it was love at first sight. I knew that this was the woman I wanted to marry. I went to her and bowed. We decided to team up and help each other inside. After a long day cleaning out cultists and getting to know each other better, we went outside and sat on nearby stone. I told her that I needed a wife and asked her will she be my wife. She told me I need a ring to propose first. I told her I'd go to Foreman and get a nice engagement ring.

Trayha:

We worked together as one. He fought and I healed, getting to know each other better. As days end approached, fate stepped in again.. before taking my leave, Lovertrox asked me to marry him. Thinking he was jesting, because no one asks someone to marry them upon first meeting, I told him he needed a ring before asking someone to marry.

Lovertrox:

I now had a noble quest on my hands. Determined to make Trayha my wife, I had to find a ring! Every morning I woke I would head down to Foreman Office to search. Although I didn't see her, I continued my quest. Then several days later as I was fighting some guards, I caught the glint of light off a ring. Knowing this was what I needed to win her hand, I fought to the death; taking the golden engagement ring as my just rewards.

Afterwards I looked for my love with high hopes that she would accept my proposal. Minutes turned to hours, hours into days - I still refused to give up. A month passed by, but I didn't give up hope, I was determined to find her, to make her my wife. Then one day.. there she is!!! Her name pops up on my gridcom.
    "I found you!"...
    I remember telling her.

Trayha:

I immersed myself into the study and practice of my chosen profession as a doctor. I was surprised when about a month later I get a call on my gridcom...
    "I found you!!"
    I asked where he was at, and went to fair trade in Borealis to meet up with him. As soon as I saw him, I gave him a big hug. We sat and chatted for a little while, then he asked me if I liked adventures. He wanted to show me one of his favorite places, I told him I would love to. When he raised me up, his fingers entwined with mine. His gentleness touched my heart.

Lovertrox and Trayha:

Taking her hand in his, they strolled along the lake outside Borealis, over hills, and up a small mountain. There a small out cropping overlooks the waterfalls and lake. It was both peaceful and beautiful. They sat and watched a storm roll in, the lightning shooting across the sky. When it began to get dark, it seemed like you could just reach out and touch the stars. He lit a bonfire and they sat warming their bodies by the flickering flames. He asked her if her response would still be the same to the question he had asked at Temple of the Three Winds. At the time, she couldn't remember the question because it had been so long ago, but replied..
    "most likely"
    He then took her hand in his, knelt down on one knee, took a deep breath, and pulled the golden ring from his pocket. With a shaky voice he asked her...
    "Trayha, will you marry me?"
    ...Her heart overcome with his amazing tenderness, She gazed into his eyes, and with a heart as shaky as his voice, answered...
    "Yes, Lover, I will!!"

From that day on, they spent every moment together. Growing closer as a couple, their thoughts in accord in most things. They mutually decided upon Camelot for their wedding because of all the romantic history behind it. After much deliberation, the created the name Satuhati (which means one heart) for their married name. They were married on March 18th, 29480. A year later, their love continues to grow as they continue down the path of love.
    Assistant ARK Director Wenetia
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Social Guidelines * ARK Public Website * Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry * ARK Tours

while reading the "Lovertrox and Trayha - our love story" tears appear in her eyes

So it is true... there are happy people on Rubi-Ka. Do not let anyone take that happyness away from you.. be that omni, clan or neutral...

I wish you all the best.

Aerya
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Reminds me of the day I proposed to Ahava, on the hills above Scheol plains. I remember the solar eclipse. It was a big red ring and the clouds were multicoloured hues. I've never felt so complete.

I wanted to submit our story, but it didn't quite fit the guidelines.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    So it is true... there are happy people on Rubi-Ka.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I've been perfectly happy for a long while with my chosen path of full autoing Omni-Tek oppressors in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I've been perfectly happy for a long while with my chosen path of full autoing Omni-Tek oppressors in the face.
    Yoiu really had to corrupt this tread...
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

Yoiu really had to corrupt this tread...
    And Omni-Tek really had to corrupt Rubi-Ka.

People will find happiness where they will. They have for milleniae, as it's integral to the human condition; the pursuit of happiness isn't a right so much as a drive. Whether in the most oppulent mansion or dankest dungeon, a person will pursue all the happiness their conditions permit.

So maybe I don't need a stable domestic relationship to make me happy. Maybe what makes me happy is to shackle off the yoke of RK's self-proclaimed overlords, and who are you to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    And Omni-Tek really had to corrupt Rubi-Ka.
    Clans are omni renegades... however you take it you have been brought to Rubi-Ka by Omni-Tek. The fact that you rebelled does not wash that.

Our corruption is your corruption too. If we corrupt Rubi-Ka... so are you.

I accept that... do you?

Who am I to judge? The fact I have lost someone dear... that gives me the right to judge. And the fact I am working with many patients who show that same deviant happiness.
    OT-Reform Officer

I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

Clans are omni renegades... however you take it you have been brought to Rubi-Ka by Omni-Tek. The fact that you rebelled does not wash that.

Our corruption is your corruption too. If we corrupt Rubi-Ka... so are you.

I accept that... do you?

Who am I to judge? The fact I have lost someone dear... that gives me the right to judge. And the fact I am working with many patients who show that same deviant happiness.
    So by your logic, if we all go somewhere on a bus owned by Omni-Tek, and I break into the nearest house and **** on the carpet, that means everyone else on the bus is equally guilty of ****ting on the carpet.

But I rebelled from Omni-Tek long before I showed up on Rubi-Ka. I'd hate to bore you with it, but suffice it to say some planets Omni-Tek is pacifying don't have good insurance.

*glues a HUGE sticker on the thread*
    "Thread derail, 10/10 points"

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice View Post
    *glues a HUGE sticker on the thread*
    "Thread derail, 10/10 points"
    sorry...

((but that clanner was/is bent of highjacking this tread... and I helped...
    I will not answer to Berinda's provocation anymore, not on this thread))
    OT-Reform Officer

I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

I made one smart ass comment which baited an omni. It was just too easy for me to bait them again and again.