Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToTW what you should know:

Quote Originally Posted by Slyth View Post
    ps. ring of memory loss, ninjaed but some n00b froob in the team (sadly) 2 days ago.

Posted by :

Slyth
    mopa-ninjalooter

Hmmm.... this made me giggle a bit.
    2004-2006, 2009 briefly. And back again in 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by Leetpetite View Post
    Atlasdreamer: j00 r0xx0r (to try and stay into AO lingo)

Have been froob since Easter 2007 but bought into the game few weeks back, got a Keeper lvl 59 now.

Have read and read and read to figure out stuff and I stumbled over this thread.
    Ironically and sadly this guide is the best I have read sofar :P - because I was such a noob before I actually thought there was something wrong with me for not liking how things go in totw. I honestly always thought a tiny conversation discussing plans would be in order before teaming up? Silly me!
    My Keeper clicked away about 30 unprovoked invites from the same toon yesterday before I got fed up with it and left totw.

Actually I was tired already from teaming in Subway and not knowing where the team mates ran off to.

Anyway - your explanations are a sight for sore eyes to me. Thanks
    Thank you, Higher Praise exists not! I am glad my little Guide to ToTW has helped someone along the way now, Gimmeh J0o StUffs!

O.o I have spent alot of time in ToTW, enough so that I try to solo it most of the time. I got tired of getting teams that seemed to believe that it was against the eula to actually work together
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

I once had a team ages ago where the bureaucrat in the team really, really wanted a Stygian...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Great thread! I'm in ToTW w/ my mini mage doc and have seen a quite few of the things mentioned in thread. The place is an excellent training ground, and some of the items are decent, especially for fr00bs.

I have met lotsa nice ppl in there while helping out and advising new players. With the help of gear brought by the expansions, the place is almost fun...

Other times, it seems the gloomy atmosphere brings out the worst in people. Passing GoT room we see an obviously twinked Keeper, in OFAB and wielding Stygian. We arrive in boss room at the same time as the keeper and his gang. To avoid trouble I send a tell saying something like: "we just want to help a little to test dmg and stuff, let us know if we should back off, plz" No reply...

The keeper and his team OD us of course, getting loot rights on both Uklesh, Khalum & of course Aztur. We had two level 50ish enforcers wearing Lego Scythes in that team. Keeper loots Stygian and run off...

Newbies grabbing everything because they have barely seen NoDrop gear before can be excused for ninjalooting, since they don't know better... Experienced players shouldn't behave like that.

A tiny correction, btw:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    ToTW boss Mobs: or "critters that will Keel J00"

1. DoT: Defender of Time[/b]
    ... DoT does carry some rather Ubah Equipment for your up and coming Soldier's namely a skull on a stick, an implant only usefull to NT's and a sharp pointy thingy, all of which are NODROP so dont forget to make sure to loot them immediatly.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=204649

Notum Splice can be worn by anyone, it is the recharge nano effect which is NT only. That implant is very handy for most prof's and often better than symb/imps.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    A tiny correction, btw:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=204649

Notum Splice can be worn by anyone, it is the recharge nano effect which is NT only. That implant is very handy for most prof's and often better than symb/imps.

Um.....You did realize that about 90% of what I wrote had to do with "Perceived" benefits/uses right?

and thanks for de praise. Some day (when I get over my Tomb Raider Anniversary addiction probably) I will write more guides
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

Yes, I did realize that. Bump again, btw...

I noticed that the thread has been read by a few and with that in mind felt the need to inform them of an item which lots overlook.

Have been browsing forums (due to being unable to play) and have read lots of "guides", among others the brilliant "Things to know when teaming a Doc". http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=146310 Not everyone is able to see the irony, unfortunately...

WTB more guides, maybe for AI raids or APF?
    Last edited by Luziciona; Jul 19th, 2007 at 03:32:49. Reason: Spelling, of course...
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer;
    REGARDING TOTW LOOT:

Rings : Several, all of them have the NODROP tag so make sure you dont leave any lying around. I would list them all but they are too powerfull and your head might explode from just reading the names
    god damn that head exploding made me laugh, this is a great post. Keep up the great work,

I can't think of anything off the top of my head but i'd like to see more of this

To those that are interested: yes there is another guide in the works. and yes it will hopefully be more consistent than my "Ely Beach" walkthrough

and no there wont be any "sneak peeks"
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

Actually, for those who want to know the real secret to enjoying ToTW, it's getting a fixer twink and lvling it up to one lvl under the cap before you ever set foot in ToTW.

Then of course, with all your run buffs you can leave any N00B beggars far behind you. Until you get pwned by the nearest boss who was trained up to where you are.

Amazing thread. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard.

Sad part is is so much of it is accurate.

Keep it up!

Heh just found this thread worth a bump.

[Social] Martyred: everyones health should be at 0, i will adjust this on an individual basis now.
    Rambazamba: macrosun doesn't exploit, he's like neo in matrix. he bends the code at his will.

I'm not really a CoT, I only play one on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    and everyone should learn how to train or get trained
    You must be omni...
    I'll die for those willing to die for me, I die with those that's willing to die with me, I live for those that are willing to live with me. Unity. Freedom. Peace.

Thank you very much for making me laugh...This entire guide showed that dvys and engis are the most powerfull professions ^^ [true btw]

*Lawls out loud*

Too funny

I'm amazed that anybody can see inside of that place. The steam from all of the trains makes it tricky

Just a quick note...

DoT is "Defender of the Three" not "Defender of Time." The time guy is "Nematet, Custodian of Time." One of them is a flying, fat, level 40-ish old lady in the giant hall. The other is a very powerful level 60 in a robe in the exarch room. Confuse the two at your own risk.

Now on to the proper method of actually getting what you need from ToTW.

First stand outside of ToTW demanding essense buffs from Keepers etc, dont let them fool you as we all know that Essense of Behemoth is given to all atrox's in the backyard.
    Follow this up by immediatly ninja inviting every worthwhile proffesion in sight, dont bother asking because that shows weakness and noobishness. Remember you have been playing for a whole week now and thus Know all there is to know about making teams and how other folks should play their toons. As a side note, if some Noob actually offers you advice immediatly kick them from team as they had the audacity to question your authority. Follow this up by then demanding that your team of 6 level 25 folks train to DOT as thats what all the really experianced teams do. Dont forget to complain bitterly if they are slow reaching the designated meeting place or die on the way. Perhaps a kcik is in order?
    Now at DOT comes the most important part, Dealing with your trains. oh, just a sec I forgot only Noobs Have trains at this point so just leave them to deal with it. Now where are you gonna go? Immediatly tell the team that since you know so much that you and another team of level 80's killed azture easily the other day so this team should have no problem. Demand that you go an kill azture. Here even break it down for the team:
    1. We have an Advy who is immortal as everyone knows.
    2. We have a Fixer who can Keep everyone alive.
    3. We have a shade that can ubah spank GOT and Azture
    4. of course there is you who could probably solo stuff but were nice enough to invite everyone else.
    5. The Pistol enfo can tank for ya, never mind his aversion to Mongo as we have already seen that its a useless nano.
    6. we have an NT that we picked up after kicking the Trader, the NT can kill everything else while we concentrate on Azture.

Now comes the important parts:
    Everyone in your team is a ninja looter, it says so right at the temple entrance so make sure as team leader that you set team loot to leader. Now you can ninja loot in peace
    Your job as team leader is to stay alive, so everyone else goes in first while you are busy looting for everyone. No worries you can divide up the DM's later along with the shadowfade armour.
    If you forgot to set the team loot to leader no worries. You can always loot when everyone else is fighting, just make sure that damn soldier doesnt loot the Frosty or the Styg.

TO BE CONTINUED
    I actually loled after re-reading this.

Talking

Bump!
    The mind is like a parachute.
    It works best when it's open.

MA's learn:
    4. That you are gimp because you dont have a weapon equiped.
    you made me cry

nice guide
    dear omlets.... DO YOUR DAILY PVP! grmbl.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast