Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToTW what you should know:

all good suggestions:

I am currently working on a FAQ as well as a THE guide to the SL's

sadly this is taking me a bit longer than expected due to severe customer agro (high call volumn at work lately thanks to Fist-ahhh.....I mean Vista)
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Wink h3h3

well this has started to float around through org forumns and its the funniest (and scarily most honest) thing i've seen in a long time. Thanx for the read, oh by the way GSFhotncuplzkthx!!!!! FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilenzaci View Post
    well this has started to float around through org forumns and its the funniest (and scarily most honest) thing i've seen in a long time. Thanx for the read, oh by the way GSFhotncuplzkthx!!!!! FTW!
    thank you very much. I love ToTW but at times it really makes me wonder about folks..........

as to the org forums comment 0.0 .....
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

This definitely ranks up there with the (in)famous "Woefallen's Guide to Teaming With Docs" and the unforgettable "Tier Armor is Being Made". (Just thinking about the latter makes me laugh).

Thanks for some incredible laughs, hope to read more in that vein.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwu View Post
    This definitely ranks up there with the (in)famous "Woefallen's Guide to Teaming With Docs" and the unforgettable "Tier Armor is Being Made". (Just thinking about the latter makes me laugh).

Thanks for some incredible laughs, hope to read more in that vein.
    You also forgot the guide to Being an Engineer
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

This is incredible! Perhaps you'll be able to write some more after they iron the bugs out of Vista . . . oh, wait, ok, maybe you'll be able to write some more while they work on getting some of the bugs out of Vista.
    Rimor server ftw! I left AO years ago and recently came back.
    Nobody dies on the Insidious Doctor Fu Manchu's team, nobody!
    I, the Doctor, decide who lives and dies, not some mob."
    Dispensing quality information for years now:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciggie View Post
    man thanks for the info ure my new idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    REGARDING TOTW LOOT:

Frostbound Scyth: This item is a truely AWESOME weapon in the hands of a master such as an engineer. This commonly drops off of legomen. this item is NODROP.
    Can't believe how true this is

Nothing like walking through Borealis and seeing a nanomage with a frost scythe... and a gladiatorbot in tow... o.O
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

/me votes for a thread pruning and sticky.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

While you are visiting GoT you may wish to avoid conversations with him as they tend to get interrupted frequently by him dying, you dying, or Azture coming in to tell you to keep the damn noise down.

My co-workers are looking at me funny now, after I laughed out loud at that line...

Encore! More!
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

After sitting around the Ruins last night I thought maybe we needed a "Shoulderpads Quest for Dummies" guide as well. I had some interesting folks who were mishandling the whole quest. Here's my suggestion bit, no charge:

You may not know what the drop from TK is, but a lot of other people seem to like it, so you need it too. Hell, for all you know it's Grid Armor and Guardian Tank Armor. Haven't done part 1? Haven't gotten part 2? Who knows. What we DO know is that you need TK dead (probably)!

Like the guide says, Trash King can easily be solo'd by anyone level 80 or above, and can be popped like a Pocketboss by anyone wearing better looking armor than you. His spawn cycle is <time you arrived>+ 1 minute, so if that doesn't happen, 3-5 petitions are in order. The ARKs are probably bored anyway, as AO doesn't really have any bugs or problems.

As for getting help killing TK, just ask a high level player that's sitting next to TK's spawnpoint. Chances are, that's his favorite spot to sit and socialize with his orgmates, so he's not looking for the loot himself. Sitting on top of that manhole by TK is an uber buff point for high-level characters, and killing TK for sport is a favored pasttime of TL6-7's everywhere. If he won't kill the mob for you, he's probably an exploiter or a n00b or something, so spam accordingly.

Once TK does spawn, it's best to attack ASAP. People looking to "tag TK" are really just after your kill. Don't be duped by n00bs!

It's also common courtesy to aggro "Trash King Lackey" and train him into the desert whenever he spawns, since, for all you know, he might be dangerous.

Once someone's killed TK for you, remember to tack this onto your thank you /tell to them:

"Oh, BTW, can you follow me to the 7 other robots and kill them for me? Thx."
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamdigger View Post
    After sitting around the Ruins last night I thought maybe we needed a "Shoulderpads Quest for Dummies" guide as well. I had some interesting folks who were mishandling the whole quest. Here's my suggestion bit, no charge:

You may not know what the drop from TK is, but a lot of other people seem to like it, so you need it too. Hell, for all you know it's Grid Armor and Guardian Tank Armor. Haven't done part 1? Haven't gotten part 2? Who knows. What we DO know is that you need TK dead (probably)!

Like the guide says, Trash King can easily be solo'd by anyone level 80 or above, and can be popped like a Pocketboss by anyone wearing better looking armor than you. His spawn cycle is <time you arrived>+ 1 minute, so if that doesn't happen, 3-5 petitions are in order. The ARKs are probably bored anyway, as AO doesn't really have any bugs or problems.

As for getting help killing TK, just ask a high level player that's sitting next to TK's spawnpoint. Chances are, that's his favorite spot to sit and socialize with his orgmates, so he's not looking for the loot himself. Sitting on top of that manhole by TK is an uber buff point for high-level characters, and killing TK for sport is a favored pasttime of TL6-7's everywhere. If he won't kill the mob for you, he's probably an exploiter or a n00b or something, so spam accordingly.

Once TK does spawn, it's best to attack ASAP. People looking to "tag TK" are really just after your kill. Don't be duped by n00bs!

It's also common courtesy to aggro "Trash King Lackey" and train him into the desert whenever he spawns, since, for all you know, he might be dangerous.

Once someone's killed TK for you, remember to tack this onto your thank you /tell to them:

"Oh, BTW, can you follow me to the 7 other robots and kill them for me? Thx."
    Funny you should mention this, as I just recently went through the pads quest for the first time. Amusingly enough I have been playing for a couple of years now and find it rather funny I never bothered with that particular quest.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

Funny you should mention this, as I just recently went through the pads quest for the first time. Amusingly enough I have been playing for a couple of years now and find it rather funny I never bothered with that particular quest.
    It's deceptively challenging to solo those stupid robots... and it really does take either a couple of friends or a high level toon to kill TK.

The first time I did the quest, it was like I was the only one doing it. As you get to more and more obscure parts of it, there are less and less people around. Everyone's at mechdogs collecting the parts, everyone's camping near TK, but not a whole lot of people are out chasing down those additional robots. I bet there's a lot of inventory space across AO taken up by those unused quest items. The pads aren't that great of an item anyway, so if you don't get them to level 3 (visible), what's the point?

Anyway, I just found it funny that people think they can just cruise up and grab Trash King's loot like they're buying medkits, when I've seen him kill a 200+ toon.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

I learnt a cool thing in TOTW yesterday. In the azzy room someone trained a load of cults and Doorkeeper. So maybe 20+ mobs running around and uklesh decides to pwn some nubs. An Agent comes in roots everything and i stick my heal pet on him.

few things happen here....

end result - Azzy dead and i get a lot of loot.

Lesson: Heal the uberest guy in totw even if he's not on your team.
    Deceptiv - 133/7 - Opifex Martial Artist - The Mockers

Elsare - 42/2 - Opifex Agent -

Bump to get lag noticed and fixed!

Soldiers learn:
    [...]
    7. That FA will in fact bring a largish number of heavily armed men to speak with you about the noise.
    I really should learn not ot browse forums at work.
    This one had me in stitches, much to the surprise of my cow-orkers. (Luckily the bosses were out somewhere in Bossland)
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer View Post
    I really should learn not ot browse forums at work.
    This one had me in stitches, much to the surprise of my cow-orkers. (Luckily the bosses were out somewhere in Bossland)
    Yeah it's been detrimental to my career as well.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Quote Originally Posted by Evasis View Post
    I learnt a cool thing in TOTW yesterday. In the azzy room someone trained a load of cults and Doorkeeper. So maybe 20+ mobs running around and uklesh decides to pwn some nubs. An Agent comes in roots everything and i stick my heal pet on him.

few things happen here....

end result - Azzy dead and i get a lot of loot.

Lesson: Heal the uberest guy in totw even if he's not on your team.
    Ahh apparently you missed the lesson being played out for you young padawan!
    The lesson here was that you should have followed the following steps.

1. /shout your greetings to the benefactor of "DAMN NUB" or "I m PeTishun J00"
    2. Ask if the gentlebeing in question needs help by sending tells of "CM plox"
    3. as the person in question was obviously rich and quite possibly and exploiter you should have immediatly blackmailed the fellow for "Creds plz"

But your mistakes in ToTW etikut were understandable and completely normal for someone new to ToTW. Please dont let it happen again as it is rude to let someones hard work of Twinking go without proper praise's like "Gimme yer Gunz!" or "J00 OwE meh j00 ArmOrz U stolz mI XP!!11!1!!"

-------------Any resemblence to citizens living, Dead, or Developers is purely unintentional and damnably good luck.---------------
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

The secret to enjoying TOTW is much drugs
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

i think the key to enjoying totw is ignorance. never know what mobs can drop what and what the h*** that is at all - so noone can blame you for ninjaing stuff!

ps. ring of memory loss, ninjaed but some n00b froob in the team (sadly) 2 days ago.

Any resemblence to citizens living, Dead, or Developers is purely unintentional and damnably good luck.
    Hahaha, serious luck indeed.

I like the "third state" besides living and dead.... Heey!! I'm a sysdev!! Whaddaya.. Ehh.. good point on that third stage, actually..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Atlasdreamer: j00 r0xx0r (to try and stay into AO lingo)

Have been froob since Easter 2007 but bought into the game few weeks back, got a Keeper lvl 59 now.

Have read and read and read to figure out stuff and I stumbled over this thread.
    Ironically and sadly this guide is the best I have read sofar :P - because I was such a noob before I actually thought there was something wrong with me for not liking how things go in totw. I honestly always thought a tiny conversation discussing plans would be in order before teaming up? Silly me!
    My Keeper clicked away about 30 unprovoked invites from the same toon yesterday before I got fed up with it and left totw.

Actually I was tired already from teaming in Subway and not knowing where the team mates ran off to.

Anyway - your explanations are a sight for sore eyes to me. Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast