Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotkeynet

Hotkeynet

Hey guys, wasnt sure whether to post here or tech. Seeing as item assistant and such is here figured this was right. Really hope someone can shed some light on this seriously irritating problem.

Anyway i've been using hotkeynet to tri log doing inf missions and the program is driving me insane. It is constantly (like twice a minute) switching my alts active hotbars. Dozens of times a mission i have to alt+tab to both alts to switch back to hotbar 1 so everything can work.

This doesnt make any sense. There is no command in my script (nor do i know how one could do so) to click Alt+number to switch hotbars. The only thing i can think of is that because im spamming a lot its overloading and somehow messing up (since tri logging 3 mas for s10 doesnt bug it out and theres a lot less spamming hotkeys with 3 of the same simple toons). But it still makes no sense cause as i said, no alt+number in the script.

PS: and before anyone gives me anything about me using a keyclone program give it a rest. Its legal and its just for pvm.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 12th, 2013 at 04:30:24. Reason: edited for obscenities

Its legal to BOT in ao now? hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Makeyascream View Post
    The whole forum community already had this discussion when everyone was talking about Lonely controlling a dozen toons with 3rd party programs.

I think there was a deleted FC post before the Anarnar and Michi posts, hence:

Quote Originally Posted by nanobots
    gm]: Attended Multi-boxing is not a violation of our terms of service.

how come GM told me it wassent?
    But other than that, this was the one response the thread got:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...69&postcount=5

If you don't like it, you should get a lot out of reading the whole thread and seeing how many people agree with you but as per Michi, it is officially "allowed", though he dodged most of the question (and let 17 pages of chaos follow) by not giving any kind of response to the "third party software" part of the title..

Shift 1, Shift 2, Shift 3, Shift 4

Try it.

Shift button + Number = hotkey to change bars.

Somewhere in there you are accidentally holding shift?

Yea it sounds like shift is being passed to the other windows.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 12th, 2013 at 04:34:23. Reason: removed unnecessary content

Shift+number changes hotbar number (0 through 9) of the same hotbar not to a different hotbar, thats alt+number. Either way again as i said there is nothing in my script to click alt+number so no way for that to be sent to the other clients.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 12th, 2013 at 04:35:54. Reason: edited for inflammatory content

I use similar tools, and found that I had to unmap the keys for changing hotbars/rows etc. In the f10 menu tab for keymapping I just cleared them all to nothing. (All the ones that used Shift-1, Alt-1 etc)
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    I use similar tools, and found that I had to unmap the keys for changing hotbars/rows etc. In the f10 menu tab for keymapping I just cleared them all to nothing. (All the ones that used Shift-1, Alt-1 etc)
    Oh good workaround idea thanks, ill try that. That functionality isnt too important to me anyway.

fyi, people use this on bs quite frequently as well these days. sad but true.

if they actually cared on multiboxing currently, the game would be dead even faster than it is going to be now.
    Ciassene

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    if they actually cared on multiboxing currently, the game would be dead even faster than it is going to be now.
    Why? Because you cant play with 1 account? Im sure its really really hard on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Makeyascream View Post
    It's not botting. As he said, hotkeying.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    If you don't like it, you should get a lot out of reading the whole thread and seeing how many people agree with you but as per Michi, it is officially "allowed", though he dodged most of the question (and let 17 pages of chaos follow) by not giving any kind of response to the "third party software" part of the title..
    It's not Michizure's decision, it's customer support's. and if people don't like it, they should send a mail through help.funcom.com, set the ticket as "feedback."

I wouldn't be fast to put words into Michizure's mouth about this, as he said absolutely nothing in regards to whether he likes hotkeying or not. I personally think it's pretty lame, but nothing to whine or unsubscribe over.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

to be able to use shift and alt bars in hotkey net you must go to option -> send mode settings -> and uncheck clear modifiers before executing hotkey.
    if you are sending to a virtual machine you need to use the send command SendWinX
    /tell soju i can help with hotkeynet a little if u need help.

Since the palyer is not actually pressing the keys on all characters, since the 3rd party program copies them to all clients running, it seems to me that this is not allowed.
    Most GM's can't be bothered aenough to do anything about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by n3oheals View Post
    Since the palyer is not actually pressing the keys on all characters, since the 3rd party program copies them to all clients running, it seems to me that this is not allowed.
    Most GM's can't be bothered aenough to do anything about it though.
    Scroll back up and click Seoin's linked post from Michizure. (Post no.3 in this thread)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Scroll back up and click Seoin's linked post from Michizure. (Post no.3 in this thread)
    I did, and this was what i read there.

multiboxing = multiple instances running
    a player actively sending inputs to multiple clients at once = alt+tab and use attacks/commands
    Unattended gameplay = program controlling out of focus game clients

You're being stupid on purpose aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    You're being stupid on purpose aren't you?
    Not sure who you are talking to here but anyway:

The problem is with the ambiguity in the response given by Michizure, I was just pointing that out.

On topic:
    Ensure that any input being passed into the other clients isn't being manipulated in some way. As others have said, un-bind action bar switching buttons, and double check that the communication program you're using isn't warping the input.

Off topic:
    The stance taken my most companies is two-fold. The first, is one of disruption, the second, fairness.

For disruption, the question is simply: Are the actions of the player disrupting or inhibiting the gameplay or enjoyment of other players? Examples of this would be 'playing' the markets, or causing disruption by monopolising certain areas of the game, making it difficult for other players to enjoy.

The second side of the coin is fairness, and this is the side most commonly debated. Specifically, are the actions of the player granting that player an advantage over other players that is considered grossly unfair?

Immediately it is obvious that discussion of fairness is always going to be affected by personal bias, and taken down to a base level where people compare specific scenarios, like single PvP battles, or farming areas. In reality, the question is one of higher scope where you must consider the bigger picture, so to speak.

When a player is 'multi-boxing', a third party application is used only as a means of communication. The player's commands are his own, he decides what to do, the application enables him to do it.

When a player is 'botting', a third party application not only communicates the commands, but decides them as well. The player is removed from the equation, and is no longer a factor in how the game is played.

While multi-boxing allows a player to play more than once character at a time, botting allows players to play without playing.

When I mentioned above that it's often a question of fairness, I was referring to this example of playing the game vs. not playing the game. While a multi-boxer does indeed have an advantage over a standard player in that he controls more than one character at a time, this advantage is not subject to disciplinary action for the sole reason that the player in question is still actively playing those characters, where as someone who is botting gains an unfair advantage and doesn't even need to exist, to have his characters continue playing the game.

While many players disagree with the ruling about multi-boxing, at the end of the day it's as simple as how those characters are making their decisions; if the decisions are player-made, then it is allowed, if not then it's against the terms and conditions.

As a side note, many people are quick to jump on the $$$ bandwagon, saying these companies don't ban multi-boxing because it nets them more revenue. While this is an obvious conclusion to jump to (/tinfoilhat), you have to continue looking at the bigger picture. These companies stand to lose more than just money if the way they govern their game is viewed negatively by the majority, which brings me back to my earlier points.

Unless gameplay is being disrupted, or an unfair advantage is being gained (such as being able to farm S10 while sleeping), then waving the ban-hammer at everyone who seeks to play the game in their own way may end is likely to do more harm than good. On the other hand, a lack of rule enforcement leads to a broken game with no limits, where the winner is the guy with the best exploits.

To summarise, I'm not attempting to say what is right or what is wrong, I'm simply encouraging people to take a wider view of the situation. As to my own opinion on the topic, so long as the decisions as to how to play the game are still being made by a human being, then I have no problem with it.

I realise this is a hot topic for a number of people, but try to steer discussion away from event specifics, and instead focus on the advantages and disadvantages, or pros and cons, of enforcing a different ruleset on 'assisted' gameplay.

Cheers.
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    Here is an example of the top of my head... I can't guarantee that it is entirely correct as I wrote it up just now after my last post. I only have one active account in AO atm, and have been for a long time.

Code:
    ; Grab window IDs. (Can be done seperately by character name.)
    WinGet, aoid, List, Anarchy Online

; Pause script to type to others.
    Pause::
      Suspend, Toggle
    Return

; Reload is necessary if you edit and save the script.
    ScrollLock::
      Reload
    Return

; Spam hotkeys to the secondary and tertiary client.
    ; Rewrite this for all the keys by using copy paste and replacing the 1 with whatever.
    #IfWinActive, Anarchy Online
       ~1::
         ControlSend,,{1 down}{1 up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{1 down}{1 up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
    return

; Example of getting the other two characters to follow you.
    ; 1) Make a follow macro on each hotbar.
    ; 2) Set a specific hot key in the options for that key say Numpad 0.
    ; 3) Team with your characters.
    ; 4) Press Alt+F for follow.
       !F::
       ; Select the team leader first.
         ControlSend,,{F2 down}{F2 up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{F2 down}{F2 up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
       Sleep, 500
       ; Press the Follow macro button on the other characters.
         ControlSend,,{Numpad0 down}{Numpad0 up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{Numpad0 down}{Numpad0 up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
    return

; Making a macro for the other two character to jump the bugged stairs in Inferno missions.
    ; Just press space for you to jump and then alt space and they jump right after.
       !Space::
         ControlSend,,{Space down}{Space up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{Space down}{Space up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
    return

; To write an assist macro you need to use several delays and key binds.
    ; Here is a run down:
    ; Lets use say... Alt+Q to have a group autoattack where the other two chars assist you.
    ; Again make an assist macro on the secondary and tertiary charter with a hot key say Numpad 1 in options.
       !Q::
       ; Main character start attacking first.
         ControlSend,,{q down}{q up},  ahk_id %aoid1%
       Sleep, 250
       ; Other two characters select the main character that will be assisted.
         ControlSend,,{F2 down}{F2 up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{F2 down}{F2 up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
       Sleep, 900 ; Lower this if you have a good latency to the server.
       ; Other two characters press the assist buttons as the main character is already in combat.
         ControlSend,,{Numpad1 down}{Numpad1 up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{Numpad1 down}{Numpad1 up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
       Sleep, 250
       ; Start the other two characters autoattack.
         ControlSend,,{q down}{q up},  ahk_id %aoid2%
         ControlSend,,{q down}{q up},  ahk_id %aoid3%
    return
    Good luck.
    Just looking at the format of that code hotkeynet is much more effective.

As to my original post guys, ive long since figured it out
    Last edited by adeptall; Dec 21st, 2013 at 00:56:50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast