Thread: Plans for Old RK City Plots?

Question Plans for Old RK City Plots?

Returning to AO after nearly 2 years. A lot has changed! One of the things I'm struggling to get used to is the fact that cities around RK are gone. Craziness.

I was wondering (I've searched around but found nothing), are there any plans for the old city plots? Seems strange to instance all the cities but do nothing with the RK plots. Would love to see them put to use somehow. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

I believe it's somewhere posted that with the new Engine most of the plots will be gone for good and nature has taken it's place. Read it somewhere here: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204

can't come soon enough, empty plots are extremely sad for returning players

I miss outdoors cities... Brought some more life and diversity to the landscape.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I miss outdoors cities... Brought some more life and diversity to the landscape.
    They were cool looking, but I wouldn't exactly describe the empty identical ghost towns as full of life and diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by SaloSalo View Post
    They were cool looking, but I wouldn't exactly describe the empty identical ghost towns as full of life and diversity.
    I most certainly did not write "full of life"... only "more life"

I hope they add some mob camps at those locations, and an outpost or two with save spot and a vendor :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I believe the post spoke about nature returing to those locations. Dont bet on anything extras being added there because that would be hardstuff to do in some way... I really should look up that post..

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Most outdoor player cities have been wiped from the face of Rubi-ka in most areas leaving a beautiful terrain to explore.
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Dec 10th, 2013 at 13:23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    To be honest I'd rather have more life and diversity in the landscape in the form of mobs and missions like areas with mobs of a certain level that gets higher and higher the more you leave "civilization".

There are so many nice things scattered in the landscape that don't have any real function. The small villages, the camps, the notum cannons, the terraformers, the dungeons in obscure buildings somewhere in the desert, the hidden valleys. Fill them up with mobs and give us missions to go there and explore.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    To be honest I'd rather have more life and diversity in the landscape in the form of mobs and missions like areas with mobs of a certain level that gets higher and higher the more you leave "civilization".

There are so many nice things scattered in the landscape that don't have any real function. The small villages, the camps, the notum cannons, the terraformers, the dungeons in obscure buildings somewhere in the desert, the hidden valleys. Fill them up with mobs and give us missions to go there and explore.
    /signed x 1000

You should make a thread in Game Suggestions with that

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post

/bump

Some nice "how to do this or that" quest lines froob friendly of level range of mobs in area... examples, eye mutant orb lasers, and the armor from sinews, could even add a quest-line that you get a VTE at end... stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FILO_Gunfytr View Post
    QL 300 Rocket Launcher.....12K VPs
    1 Rnd Rocket Launcher Ammo........12K credz
    IPs to equip Rocket launcher............1001

Catching an NT with a Rocket Launcher in his hands................PRICELESS
    220/30/70 solitus soldier Satisguard

Great ideas. Quest lines and camps would be nice additions to these vacant slabs of concrete! What about making them areas like parks with whom pahs and a few grid entry/exits. Interactive buildings. Lets get people back out into the wilderness! Just thinking out loud.
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

In answer to the original question, Number 4 on the list. Took some digging but I found the post.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...92&postcount=2
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

My thoughts about new uses for old stuff on RK continued in
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=608644
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P