Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide to controlling Aliens

i have a crat i go into sector 10 with, and they can still calm the mobs....
    Ellie - "I found a type of fish i like!"
    Me - "Oh really? What is it?"
    Ellie - "Duck!"
    /me puts his head in his hands.

- Psycratage (Equip) - 220/27/70 - Bureaucrat
    - Psymonosamsh 220/22/60 -Enforcer
    - Psyfistage 211/13/42 - Martial Artist
    - Psymonodoc - 185/11/40 - Doctor
    - Psymonuke - 168/9/32

Sector10 aliens are like APF ones, only thing that you can really charm is the hoppers (except those with II in their name) but their damage blows, hits for around 300.

AoE calm work much better than single for some reason, and pretty much everything can be calmed except for the "boss" type mobs, generals, medics, II Aliens.

Like APF there is a high immunity to roots, snares works pretty OK but with a good enf its not needed much, and most ppl that do sector 10 is pretty well updated so generally there isnt much for a crat to do there, and our damage is pretty bad.

soloing around there is hard to, the lack of good things to charm and the huge amount of nuking mobs makes it not worth it.

For a team that goes for the bosses crat can be very usefull, however you need to agree on the crat calming instead of killing, otherwise there isn't much use for a crat (stun procs will be nice once mech are removed)

From my experience, by far the best thing to charm has been the immature alien vectors. They hit anywhere from 600 to 1100, depending on level. Never had one resist a charm, and the highest I've seen (lvl159) didn't even need a psychic drain.

There's 2 that spawn regularly just east of the Main entrance, before the first regen tower, at the end of the deadend canyon
    Last edited by gallesch; Aug 27th, 2007 at 21:45:24. Reason: max ql charm - 159->163

Never seen stun proc land on S10 bosses; FC did say they were gona add resistance to some bosses.

And I find (of the raids that go through there atm) that more people just shoot at anything generally uncalming calmed mobs until a RL shouts at them enough to leave the mezzed ones alone. If you're going through as a crat on the job of calming, prepare to see a lot of your work countered by fools.
    Last edited by Ayria; Aug 29th, 2007 at 21:50:21.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

ayria they said they were leaving it open, so that they could add resistance for bosses in later patches if it still needed fixed.

and people uncalming is just life, everyones a noob, get over it ;p
    Ellie - "I found a type of fish i like!"
    Me - "Oh really? What is it?"
    Ellie - "Duck!"
    /me puts his head in his hands.

- Psycratage (Equip) - 220/27/70 - Bureaucrat
    - Psymonosamsh 220/22/60 -Enforcer
    - Psyfistage 211/13/42 - Martial Artist
    - Psymonodoc - 185/11/40 - Doctor
    - Psymonuke - 168/9/32

DB boss have partial stun proc resistance, so might be same with S10
    i R not spik engrish

Last time i did him, he was stunned all the time (2 crats)....

About S10, i still haven't been there, no time to roll a toon for that....
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Crat is great on pf10. I've been there a lot with my doc. Crat is the key to kill those bosses (u hardly reach the bosses without calmer in the team).

You can calm most mobs (except "General..." and Medical aliens). The Grade II mobs CAN be calmed!
    Like gallesch said - Immature Alien Vector can be charmed.

A team with a crat, a tank and a doc can do everything in the playfield. With a crat you can choose if u prefer to kill some mobs or just calm your way to the bosses. You can get plenty of aixp if you just calm the Grade II and kill anything else with a medicore dmg team. You got best chances to kill the mid boss, cause you can aoe calm the mobs around the boss for some serious kiting.
    I even tanked east boss with my doc while a crat stunned him and took care of the adds and another doc healed me.

The only problem I see is crats don't get to much aixp cause their teams usually like bossloot more then a few alien kills on the way. But thats fat lewt for the crat aswell

As a doc I enjoyed every minute with a crat in my team. I could just use my restoration kits on the crat and relax till we reach the boss. Even if the crat only calms Grade II its much easyer when the tank got some more aad.
    Last edited by hasufel; Jan 23rd, 2008 at 16:46:56.

Hello Sufel /wave

I just have to add one or two comments to what Hasufel said:
    Medicals can be calmed (at least I can do it ), while Generals and Communication Officers can not be calmed and they can "de-calm" the aliens around them ... BUT my experience is that when using the area calm on Generals and Comm Officers it seems to land better on the surrounding aliens.
    Grade II might just take a few more tries to calm, but it's possible.

Other than that, Hasufel summed it up pretty nicely imho.

PS: check out my Wobbler's set-up in the sig and guess where that armor comes from
    "If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one --
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds."

Thanks for feedback on S10 (no i haven't been there yet...).

I will update first post when i have time

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Will take feedback on Arid Rift's aliens when the packs are released (they *may* change hopefully).

putting the romance back in necromancy

wtb s7 feedback
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Damned necromancers
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Not really a necro, I haven't done enough S7 for that but my current experience is that you can charm, snare, calm, root and fear any alien excepted boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Not really a necro, I haven't done enough S7 for that but my current experience is that you can charm, snare, calm, root and fear any alien excepted boss.
    This is confirmed by me. As a trox crat i ran the place with no fear or difficulty. Bosses on the other hand.... ooo FC did good there.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12