Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Ultimatum to the Resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    Ultimatum to the Resistance
    8th February, 29481 - [Atlantean]
    OTPC: Little after 14:00 hours Rubi-Kan Standard Time this afternoon, a clan individual was attempting to spy on the inside of the Omni-Pol outpost in Stret West Bank. After repeatedly setting a few devices in the area, the individual of Atrox breed began to attempt to penetrate the permacrete walls and scan at what was inside the complex.
    From this report I see that this clan person was a spy who was trying to gather information... Who knows for what purpose... maybe for an assault??
    In war captured enemy spys are arrested, interogated and can be executed. The military conventions of warfare do not aply to spys.

Omni-Tek and the Clans are officially at war.... so I fail to see what is shocking in this execution? All know Bahirae as a "shoot first ask later" person and he made this attempt regardless of the danger.. very brave... or very very foolish...

There is an old saying "Curiosity killed the cat".. I guess he was the cat in this situation.

My only regret is that we didn't had the oportunity to fully interogate him...

Quote Originally Posted by Monczeli View Post
    Perhaps because any corporation that is not held accountable for their actions is a threat to every fundament upon which we have built this civilisation we call humanity.

Although 'humanity' might be something of an alien concept to Omni-Tek, you are still bound by it as everyone else is.
    Humanity... big word... too bad it is soo lightly used... Where was Silverstone's humanity when he ordered the neutral masacred in Tir? Guess he forgot turn it on...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice View Post
    Kotts, Kotts, Kotts... I like you. Honestly. If you could ever rid yourself of that silly clan propaganda, I'd hire you without thinking twice. Before you come to your senses, maybe we could go out for a few beers and have a good "old-fashioned bar brawl"? Oh, and loser buys the next round, of course!
    I want to see this match... Vince, be sure to inform me if, when and where it will take place
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

The clan guy was spying, we're at war with Omni-Drek, and Omni-Pol or OTAF or whoever is playing attack dog this week blew his head off. All clean cut and legal.

Except for the part where they perma-killed him. Omni-Tek is leasing the planet; therefore their law isn't applicable to the entire planet, but rather only to Omlets. ICC law prevents permanent killing, however, and last I checked, and since ICC is the actual owner of the planet, that's a sticky situation for Omni leadership. Of course, they won't be punished, as ICC looks after corporations first (Interstellar Confederation of Corporations are the words behind the acronym very few pay attention to).

So, I'm openly calling for the arrest and trial of Bahirae and any other Omni-Tek personnel involved in this crime. If Bahirae and friends are found guilty, they get permanently killed. If ICC isn't willing to follow it's own planetary law and mete out justice, I'm sure some clans can step up to the plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    Humanity... big word... too bad it is soo lightly used... Where was Silverstone's humanity when he ordered the neutral masacred in Tir? Guess he forgot turn it on...
    You're talking about a strategic security decision, I'm talking about institutionalised dehumanisation. I'm afraid I fail to see the comparison, or what - even remotely - one has to do with the other.
    Last edited by Monczeli; Feb 11th, 2007 at 21:13:44. Reason: [Doh, punctuation.]
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Oh.. "strategic security decision" is what you call mass murder? Good to know... maybe we'll quote you sometimes
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

Oh.. "strategic security decision" is what you call mass murder? Good to know... maybe we'll quote you sometimes
    Coming from Omni... wow. glass houses lady. glass houses.
    Point Blank

The Criminal got what he deserved. Nuff said.

Omni-Tek PREVAILS!
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletawe View Post

Omni-Tek PREVAILS!

Would you mind meeting with me in a private location for a discussion on this? I've been thinking of joining the corporation for some time now and you seem like the person I need to speak with.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Would you mind meeting with me in a private location for a discussion on this? I've been thinking of joining the corporation for some time now and you seem like the person I need to speak with.
    I find it really hard to believe that an important CoT member as yourself wants to defect to the enemy... Something sounds fake here... and I do not recomend Skeletawe to meet you alone outside an Omni-Tek city... you are too dangerous.

Call it paranoia, but I do not trust you Astera.

But, if you really want to join Omni-Tek I'd be happy make your integration in Omni-Tek ranks as pleasant as possible...

Omni-Tek protects
    OT-Reform Officer

I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Haha, Taren sign me up to for that meeting.. I am suddenly feeling the "err" of my ways

I find it really hard to believe that an important CoT member as yourself wants to defect to the enemy... Something sounds fake here... and I do not recomend Skeletawe to meet you alone outside an Omni-Tek city... you are too dangerous.

Call it paranoia, but I do not trust you Astera.

But, if you really want to join Omni-Tek I'd be happy make your integration in Omni-Tek ranks as pleasant as possible...

You people really overstate my job in the council. Please stop that.

So, come meet me and Xaun in a low supp... private place to discuss this.

I'll be sure to say exactly that over your dead carcass.
    Point Blank

I look forward to your tries immensely. I don't fear Death, the Omni-Tek Reclaim system never fails... Well. Unless you are a rebel criminal ~smiles politely~
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Never fear death, cause I bet you never go anywhere with less then 100% suppression.
    Point Blank

OT insurance didn't fail. It was canceled. Ergo, it worked exactly like its supposed to when you don't have any.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

the Omni-Tek Reclaim system never fails...
    It never fails because all the myriad conditions under which it will not work are enumerated in seventy-three pages of small-print, ensuring that those times aren't classified as failures.

That doesn't mean it always works, though.

Even if I'm omni, I don't see this execution as justified.

We got enough hidden prison camps where we can keep them emprisoned and brainwash them. Why waste lives if we can use em as cheap labour?

And no need to mutilate as well, clans know we, at Omni-Tek, have the means and the will to suppress any terrorist action.

Why would we lower ourselves to the clans?

Omni-Tek protects.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    That you can say that after advocating kidnapping and slavery tells me a lot about the Omni mentality. Makes me all the more glad I signed that clan application form.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    Even if I'm omni, I don't see this execution as justified.

We got enough hidden prison camps where we can keep them emprisoned and brainwash them. Why waste lives if we can use em as cheap labour?

And no need to mutilate as well, clans know we, at Omni-Tek, have the means and the will to suppress any terrorist action.

Omni-Tek protects.
    Mae my dear... we, at OT Reform do not brainwash the rebels... we understand they are confused and "lost" and we strive to show them the right path.

Cheap labour you say? No... once they recover from their confusion they are accepted as full OT employees with full rights, as full members in our family.

Omni-Tek your Family

Aerya
    OT-Reform Officer

I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

Guess this atrocity should be responded to with the blades of every Sentinel, every Dustbrigade, every Vanguard and every man and woman of the clans. Time to get some revenge, either by lawful means or war till the guilty hangs by their necks in a rope.

Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

/Sovieta, Forsaken

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
    Guess this atrocity should be responded to with the blades of every Sentinel, every Dustbrigade, every Vanguard and every man and woman of the clans. Time to get some revenge, either by lawful means or war till the guilty hangs by their necks in a rope.

Sworn to Avenge. Condemn to hell. Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinels.

/Sovieta, Forsaken
    Dust Brigade are NOT clan, they are in truth Unicorn Company who were sent here years ago to create chaos and taint the image of the clans. DB has even attacked the clan capital of Tir and also Old Athen on several occasions over the years.

It was because of DB that the Tir Accord was annulled and the original Council of Truth fell.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast