Thread: Notum Chips, Fragments, and Nuggets

Question Notum Chips, Fragments, and Nuggets

Yes, that's right, it's the new snack food that all Rubi-Ka craves!

No, seriously.

Everbody finds these things -- Notum Fragments, Notum Chips, and Enriched Notum Nuggets. Nobody knows what they're for. They can't be cut like other gemstones. They have no tradeskill uses that I've been able to find. Are they just minor moneymakers?

It seems like they should have a use, since notum is the most valuable thing on Rubi-Ka. The description of the nugget even says "To be used in manufacturing of nano-bots."

Maybe it's a tradeskill that hasn't been implemented yet?
    Last edited by Hierodule; Aug 30th, 2002 at 10:57:40.
    Donald "Hierodule" Wittbrodt
    L77 Atrox Metaphysicist, RK2
    Administrator General, Vox Populi
    Visit us at www.projectrevenant.net

The notum fragments/chips/nuggets have no known use to this day.. I've tried combining them with some items I thought might yield results myself, but no luck.

I think that -someday- they will be useful, but presently? Nope.

Perhaps they'll be part of the process to make notum-saturated metaplast armor or something, who knows?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

as far as i know they have no use at this moment. But some people (including myself) always like to stock up on 2-3 of all the useless peices before a new patch so we have something to experiment with.

Wink

Same here, Pays. Since they aren't all that valuable in their current form, I've just got a bag of them sitting in the bank. On the day their use becomes known, I hope to instantly become the richest man on Rubi-Ka.
    Donald "Hierodule" Wittbrodt
    L77 Atrox Metaphysicist, RK2
    Administrator General, Vox Populi
    Visit us at www.projectrevenant.net

Lightbulb 14.5

Maybe it takes 1000 notum chips to make these? I seriously doubt it, but it would make for some laughs.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Maybe we can use them for anything...

Theres a new item in the 14.5 database, called anything. Looks like that could be a possibility.

Arrow

I want 7 anythings
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things