Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP = Bleh

I personally would perfer a much more structured pvp system set up by the devs not some cryptic one figured out by a few oversensitive players. Pvp shouldn't be a gankfest instead it should be designed to fit into the plot of the game and the spirit of the game. It should not be one player against another player it should be team vs team and clan vs omni. The way its set up right now is so old and busted.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Neal: These are the rules I, and a few other folk I know, live by.

I'm clan, so take that into account.

In the arena: If you're currently in or just finished a duel, I will not attack you. That's called ganking, and is a Bad Thing. If you're omni and standing in the 0%, just sitting there hanging out, I'll drop you to the ground fast as I can. I don't kill clanners. Well, minus a few traitors. But as a general rule, I try not to. It doesn't fit with me IC.

In MMD/2HO: Fair game. I'll kill you however I can. Want to duel? Go to the arena. Consensual doesn't enter into it.
    yeah, my only concern is when people accidentally lag into MMD form the Grid, then get attacked while running the gauntlet to the grid access. Happened to me too many times
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Oddly, Mercury Dragons is a RolePlaying organization that is one of the leaders of the virulently anti-Omni Council of Ares.

HidaReign, I would suggest you contact an MD officer and explain this situation to them, since I doubt many (any?) of them even so much as lurk this forum like I do

Their org leader is Windguaerd and I believe Sambika is one of their officers. From what I know of MD's roleplay they have absolutely no reason for 'black listing' you. Good luck.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    PVP = Buggy

I mean seriously every fight even with the same people over and over comes out in random results ALL the time, its ****ed, face it.

:P
    Well thats the kinda game this is, a lot less skill required and more luck and preperation beforehand. What would be nice is an AO first person shooter, like team fortress classic only in the AO world, thered be no problems with shooting through walls then or any silly things like that, you could just run around mmd blasting away at anyone who came near you then rocket jump behind the nearest wall for safety while you reload then head out again to do a bit more damage while the medic is running over with a medpack to heal the guy you just shot. ahhhhhhhhhhhh how nice that would be.

Originally posted by Nealandbob

yeah, my only concern is when people accidentally lag into MMD form the Grid, then get attacked while running the gauntlet to the grid access. Happened to me too many times
    Honestly, if someone says to me "I'm just trying to get to the grid, please don't kill me" I'll *usually* let them pass. Sometimes I'll even team them and pop them into the grid safely.

But if they're part of Omni-Pol, well, I just can't let it go, you know?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re: Re: Nothing to worry about...

Originally posted by Nealandbob

but at least now I know the unwritten(lack of) rules.
    LOL!

But yah, I try not to gank too hard, unless i'm being a mean dork at the omni ent arena

I have occasionally ganked people lvl75-80 in MMD..... once notably a few days ago a lvl81 adventurer ran into MMD trying to get into the grid. He musta had like 100 runspeed cuz he was moving extremely slow in wolf form... but I happened to be running through and was next to the grid. I tabbed, and alpha killed him. He told me he was just trying to grid out, and I asked if he had a yalm... he said no, so i went to the reclaim and gave him 4M and told him to go buy one...

TFC, Oh the good ole days.

I played the fixer class, guess? :P
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Meurgren people like you are why AO is making a comeback!!

Hey people in this game as a whole for some strange reason are nicer than other games I've played.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Hehehe

And in a sad () turn of events, check out this atrocity:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=48448

Just happened, and i'm still a bit disgruntled. The irony is just a bit too much for me to handle.

set acouple things straight for people who asked.

A. I killed 2 greys that day. One earlier for bragging on how powerfull he was(omni). Would have let him go otherwise. The othe one was one of the 2 clanners I killed.

B. I was teamed but my teamate can bearly jump so fighting street to street was useless for her (low strength) so I was pretty much on my own.

C. I wasn't after a title. otherwise I wouldnt have teamed. I was out to kill some Omni's. Test your might so to speak. sheesh I was even self buffed.

D. Bleh goes out to MD's for their handling of the situation. I didn't talk to wiengaurt but genneral attitude will suffice for now.

E. The PvP system is a joke
    1. To many crybabies. (come on if your outlevel me and I'm self buffed Your bad for not killing me).
    2. To many Loopholes in it Aka. Killing clanners (still wasn't trying for this).
    3. The 75-200 kill range. Ill fight you if you're green or if your just a braggart like say level 100 with a ego trip, but generaly I stay away from such fights. But on the flip side I'll fight you if your red or oarange to me as well. That is if I'm out PvPing.
    4. There is no possible way to get a fair fight in the arena (self buffed) everyone lies about it. Fought a enforcer that clamed he was self buffed, but i notaced the faint purple glow around him (humidity extractor).

So PvP even though I win alot SUXXXORS
    Last edited by AkodoReign; Aug 31st, 2002 at 12:02:32.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Well, I don't PvP often.
    My guild however, time to time, likes to have small PvP matches.
    Just a few of the lower levels gather at the arena for the hell of it. Well, recently I made level 75 and got on my heavy tank armor (which has been my goal since the day I started my fixer) and really had no plans for the rest of the day, so I figured I'd hang out with my guild at the arena.
    Well, we had a few people there 5 or 6, and they were taking turns fighting each other. I was there giving advice and tips and stuff to some of the new players who needed help, and had a contest going at one point.
    Well, after a while, this one guy (a trader) hopped in and started attacking me. I was set to full def and still had behemoth running from putting my tank on, so I wasn't dieing too quick, so I asked him to stop but he didn't... so I stepped out of the arena for a minute. A while later I returned to watch some more fights, and sure enough the guy comesback and starts attacking me. I start to tell him to stop, but then a few more people aggro me, so I drop a snare and get out of the arena.
    I don't know, the rest of the day was like this, like this guy had nothign better to do than just go around pissin' people off.
    It's not like the football players tackle the referees at a game just cause they're on the field. Why can't someone watch people fight from inside the arena? Sure, you can see from the outside but most fights are in the middle, the fence is in the way, you can't see names, and it's not close enough to tell what's going on.

Maybe some people should realize when someone doesn't want to fight.

Or maybe I'm just pissed of and ranting.

Oh well, I'm off to my local football field to tackle the turf-management team
    Cross into the blue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12