Thread: Another world : ) (pic)

Another world : ) (pic)

I proly shouldn't say what game this is but im sure you can guess. it's in JPG format.. i took the screen myself. if i left it in BMP it would look ALOT better but be too big to upload..

here it is, a hug goes to the first person to tell me which game it is.

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/pretty.JPG

edit UGH thats ugly.. gonna get a BMP version.

heres a 2.3 megger from a differnt view, with 4 x Antialiasing on, and in bmp format. 2.3 megs but worth it

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/tumer.bmp
    Last edited by Nothinman; Aug 30th, 2002 at 07:33:18.

Could be WarCraft III .. .

Damn someone was faster...

AC2 beta I think...

Zarch and da chars

yep NAP please PM a time and place to deliver your hug! thanks.

Originally posted by Emiko
    Could be WarCraft III .. .
    nope, sorry. it's not Warcraft 3. I have that game, but it doesn't look like that.

I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't

WTS : Hug from hairy Atr.. errr I mean from Nothinman

1 Cr Buy out !! Get it while it's hot !! ... Please !!

AC2 while still in Beta has lifted NDA and allows non Beta people now access the Beta boards.

Is that confidence or what?

Some companies wipe boards, some let the information loose Hmm now what company I am talking about I wonder.

Anyways I will be testing AC2 for sure and really looking forward to it, fantasy or not. Hell, I am not entirely sure if AO is more Sci-fi or fantasy anyways...

And NO Nap, enjoy that X pounds of pure Atrox Luv yourself!

Zarch and da chars

PS.

AC2 Beta CD appears to be in 2 gaming magazines OCT cover.
    You can also download the file from fileplanet or msn but where do I get the passwords for it? Perhaps those gaming magazines have em...

WOW!! Those graphics are nice!!! cant wait to test it out on my g4ti4600
    Techno-Wizard

ya, klitz thats what I thought when i saw it, exactly ^_^

I have a Geforce 4 Ti 4200, O/c to almost 4600 speeds. 4x FSAA roxxor. and you don't take a "huge" perfomance hit. It is a Very good looking game, the environments make AO look like a 2d sidescroller IMO, the textures are so nice.. the world desiners made it feel like your actually there.

there are towns sitting on hills, you can see them from a mile away. theres a lake and a river.. with birds flying through, you can see for miles

get this.. NO ZONING THERE IS NO ZONING YOU NEVER ZONE!!!

well there are portals.. similar to whompas, but think of the entire world as one zone that you can "whompa" to get around faster.

for fun i set the game to 1600x1200 max details, 4x AA, 4x anisotropic filtering (Anisotropic the nt!!)

and i got like 3 FPS standing still lol.. didnt even try to move. my sweet spot on a 1 gig amd TI 4400/512mb highly optimized system is 1024 x 768 2x anti aliasing.

Originally posted by Nothinman

get this.. NO ZONING THERE IS NO ZONING YOU NEVER ZONE!!!

so it's like that old game UO huh?

Re: Another world : ) (pic)

Originally posted by Nothinman
    I proly shouldn't say what game this is but im sure you can guess. it's in JPG format.. i took the screen myself. if i left it in BMP it would look ALOT better but be too big to upload..

here it is, a hug goes to the first person to tell me which game it is.

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/pretty.JPG

edit UGH thats ugly.. gonna get a BMP version.

heres a 2.3 megger from a differnt view, with 4 x Antialiasing on, and in bmp format. 2.3 megs but worth it

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/tumer.bmp
    This game looks great.. I'm currently working towards getting a beta cd myself. Wonderful community from what I read, lots of content, superb graphics... *drool*

And while I realize some exist in every game, I'm hoping all the immature people/huge incredible die-hard SW fanatics go to SWG, to leave me alone in Ac2
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

look cool....sounds cool.......

which game magacine is with the beta CD? I must buy one

AC2 looks realy pretty i gotta say. I am in the beta as well, and its a joy for the eye's. But i dont think it have much more then that.

The thing i have seen in my first 2x10 levels is basicly hack and slash diabo 2 style. The skill system reminds soo much of D2. While good in D2 i think its somewhat lacking in AC2.

The lack of NPC's make the world somewhat dead imho.
    But it looks nice.

And i hope they change the AI of the mobs, because its realy lacking alot

But i dont log in to play AC2 beta, i am allready tired of leveling there. I still log in to level alt's in AO or go on a tara raid with flupper.
    Last edited by Flupper; Aug 31st, 2002 at 01:42:21.

Ahh man gotta love that water. Whatever it is I'll have to get it just to wander around looking at things.

Been keeping up with the news of AC2 and all I have to say about it is... wow. The graphics are gorgeous and the game mechanics sound very interesting...

Definitely gonna try it out.

-Dez