Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Breeds - A Complete Look

Quote Originally Posted by Amortia View Post
    Again. the number of perks that a doc uses that rely on your AR is usually 1-3
    and they'll do a combined damage in pvp of maybe hmm... 3k damage. (not factoring in reflects absorbs etc)

Hardly worth it at all really. most of our perks rely on some nano skill (or int psy) for their AR, and Mongo rage just plain won't help that.

And as for finishing. since we can't really stun (unless you're MA) Chances are they're going to have some sort of defense to counter being at that low of hps. and if they dont, They'll die in a few more DoT ticks anyhow.
    Well, perking or not perking an agent, is usually the difference between dead agent, and agent who run out of fp (duels).

I busy BS, perks are nice to kill people aswell, as they tend to be more confused/shot by more people.

Quote Originally Posted by dockwagon View Post
    I thought : "Oh noes, another virri infected visual m$ product", but I was proven completely wrong.

Whole org bookmarking it now :-)
    Glad you like it and it proved useful for you --- I originally did it to answer simple questions like "I'm missing 3 Burst -- will behe help?".

And yes, I should have probably mentioned that there's no dowload involved, it's just some rather basic online calculation stuff.
    Last edited by Chrome; Sep 6th, 2007 at 18:10:20. Reason: typo

well, personally i like the atroxes appearance, they're big, sorta dumpy, not to smart, but hey, i think that makes him an underdog. If you want perfection in a streamline no hiccup setup thats fine. I've never played to own a profession, i think atroxes are great, they are perfect to me. Despite their appearance, I think they are more human then solitus. you can have your middle of the road tapioca i would prefer something a little more "family dog" like. lol probably why i made a atrox trader, not only the dumbest breed but the profession FC forgot.

slowest toon evar! and i wouldnt give him up.
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimensio...e=Icckoruption
    "One can know Victory and yet not achieve it." ~ Sun-Tzu.

Ive been playing Doc class since 2001 .... I have from time to time made just about every combo of doc setup and breed since about day one of game launch. I can say from more then just an educated guess that in the end breed makes near no differance. Over the years I have seen this debate go on and on. Listen ... players are always going to think its only their setup that Rocks. Its all Bull-crap. Maybe pre SL you could say breed might make a differance , But after AI and LE its down right laughable this is still going on. You can make just about any Weapon-Breed doc setup rock. Its the one cool thing about this proffession.

If you dont think I know what im talking about .... Well I was at one time the highest omni on rimor with my trox doc. Would of been the first omni 200 but RK4 though up some road blocks . I know for the noobs 200 dosnt seem like much but try leveling in a a PVP zone with no xp pool if you die all the way past 180 at 70k per kill. You guy had it easy.. Im that same E-Peen that offered 100 mill and a Ellts to any doc on rimor to outdamage me. My oldest doc was born Aug 14 2001. Infact im probally the oldest active doc on rimor .... maybe in game. Though I have made many other docs since then. Ive seen all the changes over the years and tested with many other docs of every shape and setup. Trust me this forum is a pointless endever of players who most are totaly clueless. Breed means nothing in the end. nada ... nothing ...

Im sorry even though im an ego maniac with an uncontrolable E-peen im right about this one. So Flame on noobs!!!!!

Eunucha
    Dotz
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Its true what you say bubba, if you're an experienced gamer. For someone who wants to know what breed to choose, this is a pretty good thread.

Doesn't matter what loot we can have at 220/30/70 if you're a lvl 52 trox doc casting lvl 30 heals. They would have it easier if they were nanomage, at the loss of some hp, etc.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Ats View Post
    Solitus is the best, you are both very wrong! Solitus is the sexiest so they are automatically FTW.

Close thread now, I win.
    Nope. Opisexxors is the best... I mean opifexes.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperneedle View Post
    Nope. Opisexxors is the best... I mean opifexes.
    heh, definitely not the best... just different
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

opi is good if u have a grail with 40+ stam on it

All breeds are fine, its just down to personal preference. Which female model looks hawt to you? Choose it!

And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    All breeds are fine, its just down to personal preference. Which female model looks hawt to you? Choose it!
    QFT
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    ...busted!
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

hehe

And many other alts

Question Questions from a new player.

Hello,

I am brand new to the game and the doctor profession. This thread and its replies is heaven sent to a new player like me. I have been reading and reading about doctors and items and gameplay for hours and I have come to the conclusion that I want to play either a Solitus or an Opifex doctor. However I have a question about the Opifex breed attributes.

(Copy & paste from Auno.org)

Breed...................Opifex.................... ....Solitus

Strength...............464/764....................472/772
    Agility...................544/944....................480/780
    Stamina................480/680....................480/780
    Intelligence...........464/764....................480/780
    Sense...................512/912....................480/780
    Psychic.................448/748....................480/780

Will the Opifexes stamina 680 @ level 220 be a problem with armor? More specifically will it be able to wield QL 300 armor with requirements such as 1100 Stamina without a problem? Another question would be which is also relevant to stamina, is it really possible to get just as an example a stamina of 1276 to put in a chest symbiant of QL300? I only ask this because it is stated over and over that Opifex has an easy time with implants/symbiants.

Thank you for any help/answers!

Hemeras

-EDIT: Another thing that I am pondering on, is shadowbreed and breedperks relevant in this discusion or not really relevant at all?
    Last edited by Hemeras; Feb 8th, 2008 at 09:45:39.

Without having played a 220 opi doc, I would still assume so. Your stamina is lower and is a pain but you can concentrate more on said stamina since you won't need as much agi/sen items which is a requirement for all symbs.

Selfing or keeping doc armor out of oe might be harder depending on the level though. Maybe Mmba or a another opi doc can give more insight there.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Without having played a 220 opi doc, I would still assume so. Your stamina is lower and is a pain but you can concentrate more on said stamina since you won't need as much agi/sen items which is a requirement for all symbs.

Selfing or keeping doc armor out of oe might be harder depending on the level though. Maybe Mmba or a another opi doc can give more insight there.
    Thank you for the input XenonDe. This is exactly what I was wondering (even though I had to look up what "oe" means!). One thing I realized after playing around with Opifex and Solitus in the application "AoSkill" that I found on the boards was that Opifex has higher values in many skills. This includes ranged attacks, nano init, evades, not to mention that Opifex apparently saves improvement experience points to because of this (according to Aoskills). So the only reason keeping me from making a Opifex is the stamina issue. If it is a major one I rather play Solitus as a first character, although I really like the Opifex look over the Solitus as a personal preference!

If I was you I would choose opifex, cause in the long run... it will not pay of being average, as a solitus is in everything. It might be easier in the start... but when you get a hang of everything... Opifex would be better. my 2 cent
    Last edited by ForumTroll; Feb 8th, 2008 at 10:50:15.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post
    If I was you I would choose opifex, cause in the long run... it will not pay of being average, as a solitus is in everything. It might be easier in the start... but when you get a hang of everything... Opifex would be better. my 2 cent
    Yes I understand that and would love to do Opifex (mostly for the look). I am just a bit concered that stamina is a vital attribute when it comes to doctor specific items/armor.

It's not something I would worry much about, realy not a hazzel to get the stam you need, or any ability you would need as any breed There is so many items, so many ways. It's what I love most about AO, even tho the need for it has lowered over the years
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Ups, my apologies about the OE. Didn't think, heh.
    Judging from your posts it seems you would like to play a opifex, so go ahead. Stop thinking and comparing and do it. You'll have way more fun with a setup you like and enjoy. Every breed works for docs and has strengths in different areas but it's quite balanced overall - that's one of the beauties of the doctor profession.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post
    It's not something I would worry much about, realy not a hazzel to get the stam you need, or any ability you would need as any breed There is so many items, so many ways. It's what I love most about AO, even tho the need for it has lowered over the years
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Ups, my apologies about the OE. Didn't think, heh.
    Judging from your posts it seems you would like to play a opifex, so go ahead. Stop thinking and comparing and do it. You'll have way more fun with a setup you like and enjoy. Every breed works for docs and has strengths in different areas but it's quite balanced overall - that's one of the beauties of the doctor profession.
    Thanks, I'll just go with Opifex.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast