Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Breeds - A Complete Look

Solitus is the best breed, hands down, because all other breeds are fugly beyond belief.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafter View Post
    uhm. Hyde.

i don't want to get involved in any arguements, but stop spewing that you are 'so and so' oldschool. i remember when your troxdoc was a baby. and you were a new player in the game.

hells, i'm a noob too compared to these 5-6 yearers..
    (and i agree, RK1 has much older roots than RK2.. ie: older guilds / players that were 200 (or 220) when we started this game, et al.

your troxdoc:
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Doctorhyde

my troxdoc:
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Graftor
    My trox doc

you can add another 'finger' to the equation if you'd like, Hyde
    you weren't the only troxdoc running around RK2 .. even at your infancy.

(ps: SOLI FTW!)
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimensio...me=Infizicator

... just had too ;P

anyways the mother/fatehr/something of trox doc is Docstrox
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Solitus is the best breed, hands down, because all other breeds are fugly beyond belief.
    Agreed.

Solitus beats the other breeds hands down in style

(Esp. the really small ones like me )

It's a lot about perception when reading a guide like this. I'll try explain.

As an example there is the opifex/solitus relationship which seems to be largely at question. While I do not argue that opifex has it "easier" with putting in a majoity of symbiants, then I will argue whether or not that makes it a better choice. If it is an isolated perception then yes, it's a better choice, but held up with something else it might not be, since solitus can put on the exact same symbiants, just with more work.

Let's look at another factor: HP. Opifex will have less HP than solitus with the same setup in the end game. No amount of time and/or credits will give it comparable HP to a solitus. This is different from the symbiants. While a solitus can match the opifex in symbiants, then the opifex cannot match solitus HP.

We may draw two different conclusions from looking at these two things (without considering anything else for the sake of the argument).

If you are a player with wife and two kids, and you have maybe 1 hour/day averagely to play, then opifex would be the prefered choice. You can create an end game character that doesn't miss out on symbiants because you don't have ample time to aquire the items it takes. Also people who doesn't have their doctor as their main character, but wishes to make an end game character that is reliable might prefer choosing opifex, simply because the HP difference isn't a large enough factor to spend the time it would take to make a solitus doctor with the same setup.

A perfectionist bastard (which I admit I am ) who doesn't care about the amount of time he has to put in his character, and who wants to squeeze every ounce of potential out of his doctor would benefit from choosing solitus. The phrase "strength of mediocrity" sounds slightly negative to me, but in the case of solitus it definetly isn't. Considering the relationship between symbiants and HP then solitus is the right choice. I have to spend a lot more time and/or credits achieving the same symbiant setup as an opifex, but no amount of time/credits would make me capable of rivaling a solitus in HP if I had choosen opifex.

I should mention that I in no way mean to diminish the work put into this guide so far. It is very usable, it deserves a lot of credit, and it definetly has some very good points. What I would like to give here is only positive critique

Edit: I have not considered atrox and nanomage in this since I use it as an example of perception.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

I don't mind, I went opi for most profs (enfo, keeper, doc) and I'm not complaining, got enough pool to ubt/dot 2 or 3 mobs and keep myself healed.

Sure I got still sub 10K hp as a 212 doc (less than 150hp away though iirc ), but I've still survived some encounters I wished I never did ^^

Sure people wil advocate their choice, but in the end, it's how much you like your doc that counts, not what others think of it
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    stuff
    Opi only has about 300-400 less hp than does a soli with the same gear (iirc, dont call me a liar if that number isnt exact) - the hp differential isnt that much. what really matters is your gear and how much you care about your doc
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    what really matters is your gear and how much you care about your doc
    QFT

The HP differential isn't great, it worked to illustrate an example though
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Well, opi gets all stats maxed quite a bit cheaper, and gets more stats total. Which gives trickle to somewhat useful skills such as nanoinit/evades/AS Depends what you want really.

And I'm not sure if I even want more hp now, got 20+ k w/o BI atm, having more would pretty much just make those capped hits harder to heal (and there's a lot of them spammed around in mass pvp). Though, ofc in duels having more is useful for sure.

I don't see a point in bashing the atrox breed. Some people play atrox better than others. If they know what they are doing, and can maximize their potential as an atrox, let them go for it.

I prefer Opifex/Solitus. I would never roll an atrox, just because the breed does not suit my fancy. I play Opifex/Solitus much better than I could ever play atrox or nanomage.

If you're a good atrox doc, I applaud you. There are very few and it's nice to see what they can do with an atrox, imagine what they could do with another breed. =O!
    Lex Talionis
    Love Antikrysler Larp
    220 Doccie
    setup kekeke

Slinky Klieo Twinny
    217 opisex hatechild

First to solo Mononokehime and Berinda at the same time! Hard solo, but so worth it!
    R.I.P. Breyers.
    You are loved and you will never be forgotten.

i did read the guide hehe if your wondering.....any chance some people could shed some light on best breed for pvp as doctor? thats what im still questioning about and feel the guide is lacking..

Quote Originally Posted by Lazukon View Post
    i did read the guide hehe if your wondering.....any chance some people could shed some light on best breed for pvp as doctor? thats what im still questioning about and feel the guide is lacking..
    Tacky hack would be the reason to go soli.
    Mongo Rage would be the reason to go trox.
    The new absorb would be the reason to go nanomage.
    Being gang raped in prison would be the reason to go opiflex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Tacky hack would be the reason to go soli.
    Mongo Rage would be the reason to go trox.
    The new absorb would be the reason to go nanomage.
    Being gang raped in prison would be the reason to go opiflex.
    hmm okay...anyone else got any thoughts?

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazukon View Post
    hmm okay...anyone else got any thoughts?
    my original thinking was that opi has more agi/sense, which means more trickle into evades.

unfortunately, evades are crap unless your full def. so dont go opi if you wanna pvp (or unless you plan on revolutionizing docs)

'gang raped' pretty much sums it up. im terrible at pvp.
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    my original thinking was that opi has more agi/sense, which means more trickle into evades.
    You had your fixer first?

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    You had your fixer first?
    yop

thats why my forums name is mmba. its my RL nickname, and first char's nickname. just never changed it to invi when he became my main.

Mongo Rage will do very little to help a doc. as we have maybe 2-3 perks that depend on AR to land. It will likely not help you at all to hit evade profs. and if you're having that much trouble hitting non evade profs, you shouldn't be PvP'ing

the absorb thing would be really nice. granted absorbs have been nerfed already so it'll only take care of 1 hit, but thats still one less hit you have to heal. and SB has an absorb for nano mages also.

I think a NM with 18k hps+ or so would be best off pvp wise. with soli's a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Amortia View Post
    Mongo Rage will do very little to help a doc. as we have maybe 2-3 perks that depend on AR to land. It will likely not help you at all to hit evade profs. and if you're having that much trouble hitting non evade profs, you shouldn't be PvP'ing
    It's about perking semi-evade profs.

I have a hard time perking some agents, even with 1800 AR.
    And everyone and their mothers have high nr + aad, so mali and vc is sometimes hard to land aswell.
    Me getting 3300 AR wouldn't hurt kinda, would atleast help vs non fixer/ma types, for finishing.
    But alas, I'm soli

I'm even contemplating a ganker doc. Will be a bit slow on the gank, but wth

*some shameless promotion*

I'd like to point you to this trickle-down calculator I did ages ago. I just recently upgraded it to show the skill (and IP) differences based on trickle down between any two given breeds. It probably shouldn't be the major factor for the breed decision but it might be interesting to look at.

Again. the number of perks that a doc uses that rely on your AR is usually 1-3
    and they'll do a combined damage in pvp of maybe hmm... 3k damage. (not factoring in reflects absorbs etc)

Hardly worth it at all really. most of our perks rely on some nano skill (or int psy) for their AR, and Mongo rage just plain won't help that.

And as for finishing. since we can't really stun (unless you're MA) Chances are they're going to have some sort of defense to counter being at that low of hps. and if they dont, They'll die in a few more DoT ticks anyhow.
    Last edited by Amortia; Sep 5th, 2007 at 08:16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    *some shameless promotion*

I'd like to point you to this trickle-down calculator I did ages ago. I just recently upgraded it to show the skill (and IP) differences based on trickle down between any two given breeds. It probably shouldn't be the major factor for the breed decision but it might be interesting to look at.
    Awesome Chrome :-)

I thought : "Oh noes, another virri infected visual m$ product", but I was proven completely wrong.

Whole org bookmarking it now :-)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast