Thread: Apartments, again

Apartments, again

I got my first and main char an apartment before he even left the BY. Emptied everything that looked like it could be "fat lewt" on the floor and ran off to kill some more furry things.

I later lost my key to this apartment, but I never bothered to get a new one. Why? Because my apartment couldnt offer me anything I needed.

So here's what I'd like to see:

1. I want to be able to buy an apt anywhere. Tree Pine, Sabulum, 10-3 OP, Frisko, anywhere. I don't need an apt in Borealis anymore and I haven't for quite a while. That town is perfectly safe and there's been periods of time when I didn't have a reason to go there at all.

2. I want to be able to buy a Scanner for my apartment, and not just some personal mini-scanner. I want one that can be used by anyone (of the same alignment) that enters my apartment.

3. Bank access from inside the apartment, or even better, being able to use funiture to store items.

I want to be able to use my apartment as my base of operations, but it's pointless as long as it's in a zone I rarely visit, and all it can be used for is "private" RP stuff and storing 10 extra items.

(Yeah, it's all been said before, just had to vent.)

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Thumbs up yeah

agree all of this

btw i'm curious to know why is it possible to store many, many, many items in bank terminal and only 10 items in appartment ?

Why can we buy a large refrigerator and carry it on our back to our apartment, but we can't buy a couch or bed?
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

/me pats Gene on the shoulder

It'd be so better if we were able to really live where we want... not only in the current backyards. Of course it'd be not very, uhmm, logical to allow for instance a Clanner to buy something on Omni territory, but there are so many nice places everywhere... Hmm, neutral cities? (Though there's no way I'd live there with all this lag ()

The 10 limit items is a hassle (but well, we haven't *many* things to put in appartments since there ain't any couches and tables...). I guess it's purpose is mainly to prvent 'loading' the servers with too many items (in your bank they aren't fully displayed after all), or some database stuff... /me sighs At least even 20 would be a better thing now.

((And if I sound incoherent today, it's all UoR's fault. Their ball made me go to bed very veeeeery late ))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

And what if the code was changed so the stuff you had in your apartment was saved on your own computer along with your exe and AO screenshot files?

Then if you lost your key and had to reset, you'd go in and it would reload your things in. Or if you move...you're own cpu would be your moving van.

Don't know if that kind of thing can be done, I suck at code. I can turn my computer on, that's about it.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos

No, I guess it could be quite easy to store on your comp... as in the Prefs directory for instance... but then the problem would be, when inviting other people in your appartment, they couldn't see the furniture...

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Demenzia
    No, I guess it could be quite easy to store on your comp... as in the Prefs directory for instance... but then the problem would be, when inviting other people in your appartment, they couldn't see the furniture...
    You cant invite other people inn, so whats the problem?

I agree with everything that's been said, but I'd like to add one in myself:

4. Create an apartment terminal in the backyard from which you could buy apartments, get a replacement key and purchase expansions for your existing apartment.

Originally posted by Yme

You cant invite other people inn, so whats the problem?
    Aye? Then how comes I can enter in my org's mates appartments when we're teamed?

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I would DEFINATELY buy an expansion pack that allowed you to buy/rent apartments with more furniture, put a toilet and shower head in that bathroom, turn the lights up and down. Now THAT would be total emersion.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos

Gimme!

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Re: yeah

Originally posted by JohnSteed
    agree all of this

btw i'm curious to know why is it possible to store many, many, many items in bank terminal and only 10 items in appartment ?
    It is because when you write a lot of spaghetti code, you end up running around the problem instead of fixing it. A year ago AO had the bug where you could place unlimited amount of things into your appartment, but if you placed more than 10 things, all the things (above item 10) vanished. Istead of fixing this, they just limited the number of things you can have in the appartment.

What I don't understand, is if we can't buy a bed or sofas....can we at least have prefurnished apartments with them there? (refers to beta3)
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Hehe I want a bed
    All the ducks are swimming in the water