Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 uniques in bank: exploit?

bah

Originally posted by Cz

No, you risk a warning. If you won't comply, you risk a suspension. You do not risk a ban, unless you (as stated before) have an extreme case (I personally doubt you risk a ban even then), or you refuse to comply with the warning (in which case I think a ban will still only be used in extremely few cases).
    Just a quick disclaimer, I dont even know Demios, however, this quote really stuck out from Cz:

So why wasn't Demios warned?

Re: bah

Originally posted by Doctoryou

Just a quick disclaimer, I dont even know Demios, however, this quote really stuck out from Cz:

So why wasn't Demios warned?
    Blah blah, same ole song and dance.. "I cannot discus the specifics of this case with anyone other than the owner. I did say that in certain circumstances you can get banned without a warning."

Good point, Mercatura. I'll bring up the necessity and purpose of the Unique tag with the designers.

Nabutas, it was not an attempt at concealing information. The case was still being processed, and I didn't want people posting all over the bulletin board based on assumptions while I could not at least be here to read and comment.

Kodiene, if you didn't understand the reason for it, that's ok with me. Noer and Azzazzimon did, which was what I was aiming for.

Doctoryou, as Tarage said, same mill again... I can't comment on another customer's case. I think it should be clear though, based on what others have posted.

Question Diverse problem

/me supports Mercatura

Suggestion: Remove that flag from all items that are not necessarily unique in the meaning of your announcement, Cz. (You are allowed to have mutliple of them, but you are not allowed to use multiple of them)

There are items, where the meaning behind the 'unique' flag is not obvious. How on Rubi-Ka do I get an in game advantage of having a couple of different Cloaking devices in my bank account. I pull the appropriate out, when I need/can use it - they don't sell for high credits, neither at shops nor to the community.

Funny side note: How do shop terminals handle this problem? Couldn't you purchase cloaking devices from the devices terminal? - Ahhh, exploit, ban the terminals.

Serious side note:
    I have a character (Pistol Adv, frozen for several months now, created August 2001) which I know of almost for sure that I have several Cloaking devices in my bank account. This guy might be reactivated one day, when 'some' things have been fixed and I haven't looked into the bank for weeks now.
    The day, one of your fun(com) advisors steps to me and warns/bans me for having multiple uniques in my bank account:

#customers = #customers - 1.

Addendum:
    If FC declares an item as unique and announces that all multiple copies in bank accounts will be deleted (you have one week to clear your bank account, then we will ...) - fine with me. It is just the fact, that I don't want to have the effort of searching and deleting items in my property after FC changed the rules (cause and effect) - even worse to get punished for something I might have worked hard for in the past that is considered illegal right 'now'.
    Just wanted to point out, that I understand, that such things change over time.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    Last edited by Maximilian; Sep 4th, 2002 at 12:27:34.
    100% curious

Arrow

I agree, Flurry of Blows and Cloaking Device are the two that immediately spring to mind. Flurry locks aggdef, so whilst if it was not unique, you could then equip 2, it would be somewhat pointless.

IQ rings don't need to be unique, just make them only equipable on one finger (I believe reflect bracers are being handled this way?)

Tokens clearly need to be unique, and a unique that actually works. I can't off-hand think of anything else where being unique is actually needed.

Bah!

Crap. my token-collection.
    I have no real use for tokens, being neutral, but I still get 'em every now and then (think I've got 20 or so now). And I want to keep 'em dammit!

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Parser Checks

Funcom uses a system of parser checks to find out if a person has duplicate items, large item stacks that should not be available, and multiple other things.

These parser checks can be easily translated into a "feedback" to the player to allow him or her to correct the problem with bank, reclaim booth, and main personal inventory.

The problem is there are so many bugs and so much unorganized content in AO that Funcom has no idea where to begin. They unique something and then later on they un-unique it. They unique common items that are upgradable and cause people to want to save the old one before putting the new one on.

This is just one instance of another bad Anarchy Online "blind date" meets Chodaboy the eradicator.

The game has enough problems without having FC step in and become Mister Fingerslam with the Banning Hammer.

Also..

This is just my opinion but pertains to "items" only. Not credits.

If an item has a unique tag and the bank allows you to keep more than one unique item then until the code is 100% fixed, you should be able to do so at will.

Why?

Because people store items in bank without checking them so that they don't have a ton of inventory on their person and they may never realize they have a unique item when they pick the second one up (or if they do not do inventory of their bank).

It's a bad administrative scheme Cz. You might want to tell the coders that if a bug goes "unfixed" for more than 2 to 4 weeks then no one should get banned for it. Letting an "exploitable" bug go for an entire year shows a sincere lack of programming skill on the coders.

Don't some of the QLs of First Aid kits have the NO DROP and UNIQUE flags on them? Don't recall atm and i'm at work.

Originally posted by Mercatura
    FC could save themselves a lot of time, trouble, and stink by taking the unique tag off any item that isn't nodrop.

-Players could wear 2 iq rings. So what? They could before. I'll bet dollars to donuts there is a written down statement at FC HQ that they intend to slow leveling.

-Players could swap cloaking devices. So what? They could before. 50 more points in conceal BFD.

-Players could own 2 or more intern op coats, dragon armor, etc. So what? You can only wear 1 at a time.

-Tokens and a few nodrop rares would still be unique, to prevent duping I guess.

Did I miss anything...what else is the almighty unique tag actually supposed to prevent us evil players from doing?
    For the record, you make excellent points. I think the entire reason the UNIQUE tag was added on so many items, and the UNIQUE change made so that you could only have 1 of each item, was Funcom's "quick fix" to the many duping exploits. That doesn't mean I agree that the items with the UNIQUE tag should have it. I agree with everything you said. It's just unfortunate that Funcom's "fix" for their duping problems had these serious side-effects which do nothing but frustrate players and make us scratch our heads wondering "What were they thinking? Where is the logic? What is the reasoning here?"

Bah. Too much to say, not enough room to type it all. It just stinks.

And btw, I agree with your first bullet point

--Tsk

I'm famous!

Trust me I understood it

I just thought it twas funny...thats all.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Originally posted by xqiksilve
    does anyone know if there are any plants to fix this? i dont want some of my uniques to disappear if so. and if it is fixed, will the second unique be deleted?
    Even though Funcom developers aren't the brightest ones around, refering to them as plants is a bit too rude I believe. Yes, uniques will be fixed so you may only own 1 of them. No you won't be banned for having 2 IQ rings in your bank. You might get banned for wearing 2 of them.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by eaze

You might get banned for wearing 2 of them.
    And if you've been wearing them for 8 months, since before IQ rings were unique, then what? Why are people banned for minor crap like this anyway? I can see if they were doing DOS attacks or stealing passwords, but come now, just remove the exploited item (for now, giving it back if things work out differently with uniques) and let them play on.

Why is the death penalty applied to the all cases, isn't this modern Europe? Doesn't Funcom want customers? All of this punishment could be scaled to the offense, after all, the dispensing of justice by a human process (to ensure fairness) can't be automated, so why hide behind a "Let God sort them out" slogan?

Originally posted by Abunari

And if you've been wearing them for 8 months, since before IQ rings were unique, then what? Why are people banned for minor crap like this anyway? I can see if they were doing DOS attacks or stealing passwords, but come now, just remove the exploited item (for now, giving it back if things work out differently with uniques) and let them play on.

Why is the death penalty applied to the all cases, isn't this modern Europe? Doesn't Funcom want customers? All of this punishment could be scaled to the offense, after all, the dispensing of justice by a human process (to ensure fairness) can't be automated, so why hide behind a "Let God sort them out" slogan?

Im wondering aswell. Makes no sense.
    ~Lone

Was wondering where all the omni to fight in camelot went. After reading this thread I'm guessing they all quit or got banned Really dont see how you plan help this game by banning all your customers for slightest thing.

Post A view

-> Abunari. Totally on your side - there are some strange things going on (presumably). We need global, easy to understand and publically available rules (as far as possible).

Maybe I didn't get your post completely, but if you are asking why FC seems to overreact these days (just rumors and speculation, remind that), I'd say:

Funcom is known for acting very (too) kind/generous to people that exploited - at least, this is their reputation.
    Maybe some people think, that by doing 'John Wayne' style right now, this will improve the situation. On thing for sure (personal opinion), exploiters will kill AO much faster than the lack of content did until today. (much to the fact, that we have such a tight connection between PvP and PvM, what will be changed in the near future)

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

after all i still wait for an answer cz why u act against your own rules and did not give 1 warning!
    u just banned and done....u know u made a big mistake but u are not man enough to undo it.damn why aren t u strong enough to say damn we made a mistake i feel sorry and make my friend unban at once?
    wanna know why?
    my personal opinion about this is that someone did a personal act against demi .cause u breakin all your own rules and u never answer why. ( with u i mean fc)and u dont do anything to correct that again.u just talk blabla about struff and what could happen but in fact u still havent give us a real answer why a player has been banned for a reason thats not bannable without a warning!

can u tell us who is that guy playin with his power? i want to point my finger on him and laugh at him/or slap him.

another thing: all these uniques flags are absolutely bull**** on 99% of the items.sorry to say that but none of them is any uber item so not worth to make it unique.so if it helps fc ppl can t dupe ?okay well done ......why not just fix that bug ?
    and why u never act that hard against the ppl duped stuff and sold on ebay?
    oh yeah u did after long time and lots of cash these ppl earned....

damn i hate to write in english......

whatever

cz show that u are a man unbann demi at once

u know that demi never did anything against the rules and u know she is a damn nice person
    and if u dont know u should know now

and u should realize that fc slapped a lot of ppl s faces with again a sick customer policy.......fc for sure win this years golden lemon for best customer service in online games.....make a mistake and instead correcting it bann random ppl or someone thats on the list of someone.

think i am done

/me hughs demios

/me hands CZ a cookie some milk, and a nice cold beer to put this out of his head...

I have no idea who got banned or why. But if they got banned, then e-mail the person and see if they can. will they tell you the truth..

Funcom can't/won't tell.

quickest way to get out of AO is to make millions of credits off of an exploit.

SS

Originally posted by Drsweetie1
    Was wondering where all the omni to fight in camelot went. After reading this thread I'm guessing they all quit or got banned Really dont see how you plan help this game by banning all your customers for slightest thing.
    Well, can't really speak for all of omni, but a lot of people who went to Camelot, and organized raids there, where members of TC, or very good friends with Demi. Many of us have already hit the cancel button, and many more of us are waiting to see how this situation is resolved before acting rashly.

As a guild we're already looking at other games to get involved in, and have fun with. If this is the way Funcom wants to treat their customers, then someone else can have our money.

If Demi's account does get unbanned, then you'll probably be seeing some of us in Camelot again soon, but a lot of us just feel like we got punched in the gut for no reason, and are finding it hard to even get on and play anymore. Let alone keep our accounts open.

It gets worse everyday. Funcom has been dragging their feet on this issue for far too long. Demi was last told that she would be receiving an email from the exploit team earlier this week. I just talked with her two minutes ago and she has yet to receive anything. We're really pissed, but holding back some of the stuff we would normally do, because we're all hopefully that Demios' account will be unbanned.

DEMIOS STILL BANNED! FIX! BUMP!

Bump, longer FC puts this off, worse it's getting...

I feel as tho they are combing every past logfile they can get their hands on to find 1 instance where Demi did some bad exploit to give them a better excuse. Guess what, I don't think you will find anything...

/sniff me still miss Demi!

What is taking so long to give her a correct reason for the ban? It it because there is none? It's been uh 2 weeks?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast