Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware of omni's that gank omni's.

Elysium is one of the few zones that lives true to the name of the game. It's Anarchy, and anything (within the EULA) goes.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Everyone should beware of Kalifixer

biggest omni ganker ive ever seen

He'd sit at Rome in front of basic store and just wait for poeple to get flagged and kill them.

Sadest thing is he's an ARK and his org pres supports him

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    I am kissing your ass now
    fixed

That makes no sense, but whatever.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

That makes no sense, but whatever.
    mabe ur known to love it? anyway i don't know u just guessing
    I got toons. total dings: 1934/159/425

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    Everyone should beware of Kalifixer

biggest omni ganker ive ever seen

He'd sit at Rome in front of basic store and just wait for poeple to get flagged and kill them.

Sadest thing is he's an ARK and his org pres supports him
    <3 kali

and if he ever managed to get into ark, the ground would split and the world would end.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanu View Post
    mabe ur known to love it? anyway i don't know u just guessing
    lol you got yourself a puppy following you here and there Kyai <3
    Ayse "Millerna" Teyze (Level 220 / AI 23) Opi Agent - Retired
    Tecavuzcu "Duneprime" Coskun (Level 213 / AI 17) Sol Advy

Omni-Tek is my friend.

I agree with egadsrk2!

Everyone knows NT's are kiting in certain spots in Elysium. The only reasons I can imagine why people get a flag and go kill the NT are:
    (1) they want the spot for their own NT friend
    (2) they were careless enough to run right in the kite and die, the NT being the best person to blame
    (3) they're mad because they aren't allowed inside the kite team
    All of them are selffish motivations.

Kiters = bus drivers. They make the proces off getting from point A to B faster. Everyone knows they have to watch out when they cross the street, and if you dont, you could get hit by a bus. So as a precaution, people could go and kill all the bus drivers?

I have never kited in Elysium, but I did kite a few fr00b alt buffing toons on rk. It's a lot less crowded over there, but in general, people tend to come and look when you're kiting. They fly over your spot and look down for a few minutes or run up to you to buff you. Never met someone on rk who was actually mad about me kiting there. Some asked if they could join the team or some just buffed me and returned to their business. And when you read these forums everyone is suddenly against it?!

I dont think the most of these posts are from people who think kiters should be shot (yes for the people in my org, but we are "special" like that.)

For the most part they seem to be from people who still do not understand why 6 full teams must share 25% of the hecks along an entire brink, often having to push dmg in a fight for xp with the 5 other teams who are all after the same heck, while 3 teams each with 5 afk members get to "claim" 25% of the brink each, yet cry if you stray in to "MY NT's spot!" and steal maybe 3 or 4 of the 40 hecks inhabiting the area.
    (but thats an opinion for a different thread.)

When we walked in to that canyon, we could see a great many untouched hecks, and no signs of an nt,, the sheer amount of hecks filled us with the knowledge that we where going to die, to us,,, that sounds like fun.
    We didnt see the train comming, but when it came it hit us hard and we all died.
    Many laughs and giggles at reclaim followed.

And there it would have ended if an org member hadnt scrolled up to count the amount of hecks we got hit with.

The "Rules" for the kite spots in ely sprang up from no real foundation shortly after SL release and have become inherited in to AO tradition over the following years, yes we all know them, most of the time with live with them.
    But they where formed in a time where if you where an nt and you could see you where about to train some (innocent?) team you would shout "TRAIN INC!", some clever NT's even had a macro for it on thier hotbar.
    Sometimes, if you didnt have a macro ready then you didnt have time to type it,, fine, if you can see a corpse you sent a tell saying sorry, or even saying nothing at all and running away with a guilty smirk on your face was acceptable.

It was a mostly inconsequential thing, if the team could actualy see you shout through the mass of combat spam, one or two members might have time to cocoon or tms and run away, but thats not why it was done, it was a miniscule amount of mutal respect for other game players.
    If you dont have time to stop and shout "TRAIN" but do have time to stop and shout "HAHAHA STUPID MORONS" then i dont see why i should have any sort of respect for you in return, regardless of faction, who your main is, the color of your hat or any other of a thousand reasons.

Going to end by quoting the original post, thats quoting me, if that makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteshade View Post

[Uaintdeadyet]: there are MANY reasons for ganking fellow omnis, this is just one of them, but im sure if i sat down and thought real hard for a bit i could come up with loads of them
    Thats what i said and i stand by it.
    Appologies for the length of this post, downtime boredom.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by UaintSeenMe View Post
    If you dont have time to stop and shout "TRAIN" but do have time to stop and shout "HAHAHA STUPID MORONS" then i dont see why i should have any sort of respect for you in return, regardless of faction, who your main is, the color of your hat or any other of a thousand reasons.
    Maybe the NT was tired of people messing up his kite, which half the time ends with the NT at reclaim. It is off course a bit unfriendly to state it that direct. Most people rather have a doubtfull '/v sorry' than a honnest '/v moron'.

NTs will kite no matter if you like it or not. The best thing to do is just to avoid known kite areas. Enough said.

As for Omni ganking Omni....if you are flagged for player versus player combat then you are up for grabs by anyone whether they are Clan seeking a faction kill, or Omni seeking a title. You'll get over it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonium View Post
    I agree with egadsrk2!

Everyone knows NT's are kiting in certain spots in Elysium. The only reasons I can imagine why people get a flag and go kill the NT are:
    (1) they want the spot for their own NT friend
    heh yeah some don't even care if the NT there is same faction or not. Theres a clanner (whom is even a phatznet RL lol) whom would get any NTs killed to get their own NT in there so he could afk leech. Sad indeed.

Ely is a nightmare for Presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonium View Post
    Maybe the NT was tired of people messing up his kite, which half the time ends with the NT at reclaim. It is off course a bit unfriendly to state it that direct. Most people rather have a doubtfull '/v sorry' than a honnest '/v moron'.
    You assume that everyone else accepts those spots as "official" kiting areas - not everyone does. I am well aware of the risk of dying if i go into those areas, and as stated before dying wasnt the issue. NTs should be equally aware of the danger of sumone entering that area and "messing up their kite" - they dont own the spot sorry.

And if "messing up their kite" is the problems, then why the **** dont they set up /shout macros on a 30 sec timer like the sensible NTs used to so everyone knows if they are there? Seems like that would benefit everyone.

Your view suggests that nobody except NTs should go in those areas even if the rest of the brink is crowded and there are no NTs kiting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mononokehime View Post
    NTs will kite no matter if you like it or not. The best thing to do is just to avoid known kite areas. Enough said.
    and im gona sit in the middle of hecks flagged whether nt's like it or not they/ the best thing to do will be not to kite in elly at 175+, nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    and im gona sit in the middle of hecks flagged whether nt's like it or not they/ the best thing to do will be not to kite in elly at 175+, nuff said
    Kiteforu is there everyday, lvling a team of orgless, bad equiped characters. Probably, ding them all lvl 200 and e-byebye.

@ kite hill.
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    - Players now have the option to disable XP gain (F10->Behaviour->Disable XP Gain option)
    hmm....

Enjoying RK4

hmm....
    Perma kiting services?

Looks that way.

Enjoying RK4

Looks that way.
    Haha GG FC.
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

Cool. Make an account with what. A level 45, 60, 75, 100, 130, 160, and 200 NT.

All with reanimator robes, med suits, the same nanos, and whatever specs they can take.

Go go gadget Funcom.

You could sell 20 accounts a week easily. You'd have to reaalllly like running around in circles though. Or... Really like getting paid for it.

What's a level 200 soldier worth anyway? I'm one of those weak willed people, I just know if I ever went to a credit buying site I'd end up walking away with 4 billion, a few RBP's, a foreclosure on my mortgage, and an Enforcer named Gudtank.

So blissfully ignorant of that side of Anarchy Online. For the sake of my house.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast