Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emblems

Emblems

THe Guilds in ao atm are respresented with nothing but names maby adding emblems would make it more unique. In other games i play an EMblem is Uploaded to the game and in the following maintinence down time it is patched to everyone else. I will see if i can attach some Edited game screenies in future to illustrate my idea
    Last edited by digidevil4; Jan 3rd, 2010 at 20:06:08.

in guild wars it actually becomes a texture on your guild cape.. not that I want to see everyone wearing capes.. but would be nice if every piece of armor had a small section to it where the emblem would be located such as a shoulder patch or a chest emblem..

*drool*

GIEV NOW PLX. this is the best idea EVER.

BUMP

no HUGE BUMP! for a truely fantastic idea

Almost better that banks & GMS in the org shops, eh?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

In guild wars the Emblems are not custom they are all built in to the game therefore getting them on capes is not hard.

bump for a great idea.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by digi View Post
    In guild wars the Emblems are not custom they are all built in to the game therefore getting them on capes is not hard.
    I never said it was 100% custom.. But the fact remains that each guild can pick what they want thus giving them a unique appeal.

there are 2 types of emblem that could work Player made that would go next to your name like ive made above with certain limitations. certain ammount of pixels ect. or your could go for the more easy way the Built in emblems like guild wars were u choose a picture build into the game and a backround for it such as stripes, quarters. or just plain which could go on the banner outside the org HQ and certian Capes, armour or even weapons(Highly doubted)

Some shoulderpad thingie?

Or some sort of stuff on the HQ in the city would be nice?

Honestly, though, i'd even settle for a tabard... ^^
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

bump make the big thing on the back of noctucomm changable plx

do it like they did it in Planetside, outfit/org/guild logo "decals" that showed on vech´s, shoulders and chests

and yeah, bump, it would be awesome (has to be player made decals though..)
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

writing message to sent this back to top :P

I believe in some games(Eve maybe), guilds can submit their emblems and they will be added in the next patch cycle. WTB that in AO
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    in guild wars it actually becomes a texture on your guild cape.. not that I want to see everyone wearing capes.. but would be nice if every piece of armor had a small section to it where the emblem would be located such as a shoulder patch or a chest emblem..
    Do you know how many people will be running around with penises on their foreheads?
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

uhh, none because like all other MMO decal/org marks it will be censored by FC

duh

yeah, ofc it will have to get some censorship on them, just like getting your first/last name changed.. with a small downtime to approve of it
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    yeah, ofc it will have to get some censorship on them, just like getting your first/last name changed.. with a small downtime to approve of it
    most games with emblems dont need downtime to get them in

i kinda like this

i'd not necessarily want this in the name of the org...maybe an item that goes in a hud/util slot...maybe a mesh that goes over the existing armour..dunno..

but could be nice

FC can make it a paid point thing for all i care...

So FC just have to make a new DB item for all of the orgs out there? And for every new org a little downtime. And people that have show all names turned on would be spamed with images. Org members will fight over which emblem is the best, ..... It would be a total anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by SF_MileWorf View Post
    So FC just have to make a new DB item for all of the orgs out there? And for every new org a little downtime. And people that have show all names turned on would be spamed with images. Org members will fight over which emblem is the best, ..... It would be a total anarchy.
    an emblem is Soo insignifically small, you dont let people use real photos and such for that reason, theres normally a Size Limit
    f11---->option---->Turn off emblems
    or something

and to add all new emblems to a patch would take up almost nothing. If size limit is done right its normall size limited, pixel limited, File Size limited and such

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast