Thread: IRRK: The attitude of the ICC to the speech of Tarkhan Zora

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: The attitude of the ICC to the speech of Tarkhan Zora

The attitude of the ICC to the speech of Tarkhan Zora
    January 13, 29481 - [Global]

IRRK - The speech of Tarkhan Zora generated a storm of indignation, not only among Clan people. Within the Neutral faction uncertainness and fear grew, but rage and resoluteness too.

There has been a lot of demand from our reporter at the headquarters of the ICC on Rubi-Ka, as to what attitude the ICC takes in this situation. After a lot of waiting, and many sent requests, we finally got the chance of an interview with the ministerial official Gerulf Riechstain, which we accepted immediately. Now we can present the interview in it's fullness.

IRRK: Many thanks to you for making this interview possible. But let's begin with the most pressing questions. How is the speech of Tarkhan Zora seen by the ICC?

Gerulf Riechstain: Now, from our view the new CEO tries to plumb his possibilities and tests how far he can go. We may not forget that from the view of the Omni-Tek Administration the way of Philip Ross, which also always endeavoured the diplomacy, failed. But what remains if one believes to not get ahead with diplomacy?

IRRK: You think this is nothing more than a demonstration of power?

Gerulf Riechstain: No, that's not what I would say. But it is nevertheless a fact that even Mr. Zora can not do everything how he would like to. A further fact is that there are still interstellar guidelines, to which Omni-Tek must comply - and despite a few offences, always did. Mr Zora seems to live in the disbelief that the problems on Rubi Ka can be solved with violence.

IRRK: You make such a considerate impression, Mr. Riechstain. Consider that on December 5th - 2 days after the speech of Mr. Zora - Tir was attacked by Unicorn troops. Not to forget the Omni Tek reconnaissance drones over Old Athens and Borealis. With those 2 things in mind I think that the new CEO really means what he said.

Gerulf Riechstain: I am of course angry and appalled by those actions, but my job is to find a solution for this problem - Emotions just disturb myself in doing so. Of course I passed the speech to the headquarters of the ICC which already negotiates with the Omni-Tek Administration. Obviously Mr. Zora forgot the fact that he is only the leading employee of a lease - the planet does not, did not, and will never belong to Omni-Tek. It belongs to the ICC and was leased on our conditions. Consecutive murders and provocations against the sub-populations on Rubi-Ka would have most certainly consequences for this agreement.

IRRK: It is good to know that the ICC already reacted. However, what do you say about some special parts in Tarkhan Zora's speech, like; "WE are a superior race, we have superior power and the planet belongs to US!" or to the part that states neutrals should become employees of Omni Tek or rather shoot themselves? Should the ICC not react immediately?

Gerulf Riechstain: Be assured that the ICC will intervene on this. However one may not forget the point of view of others. Such words are meant to provoke. They are meant to provoke ill-advised, inconsiderate actions. Now if one reacts like one would react normally - Like every normal thinking citizen of Rubi-Ka would - I.E. To call to arms in rage, then one does exactly what Mr. Zora intends. It is always easier to justify military operations against a wrought-up crowd than against peaceful inhabitants.

IRRK: You want to say that we should ignore these words and simply wait what happens?

Gerulf Riechstain: No! Don't misunderstand me. It is out of question that we have to deal with a very delicate security situation at the moment. Every inhabitant would do good to prepare for all eventualities. The ICC raised 20,000 new troops after the speech, more troops are stationed at the ICC headquarters ready to be sent here if military intervention is needed. At present we unfortunately do have a situation where emotions like hate and profit greed can easily switch to violent military actions.

IRRK: Another aspect of the speech of CEO Zora was about 4 Holes and the plan to reconquer it. As of a press statement from your office the ICC already negotiates about that with Omni-Tek. Now what's true?

Gerulf Riechstain: Can you imagine that the commander in-chief of the Omni-Tek troops would even think about mentioning something about any negotiations? He never would. The ICC has an interest to defend this planet against the Alien invasion - And Mr. Zora said he would never help the Clans or Neutrals. Now well, that is his opinion. But he is NOT the regent of Rubi Ka even though he likes forgetting that fact.
    Therefore we - The actual owners of this planet - Take care that everyone can kick the Alien's arses, and that everyone has the needed amount of Notum to their hands. Our negotiations with the Unionists reached a point which is not far away from a solution. If this positive development does not stop, then even the Neutrals will be supplied with Notum from 4 Holes. This is our basic condition to the Unionists in order to accept their doings in this special situation.

IRRK: Do you believe that such an aggressive CEO like Tarkhan Zora will accept this?

Gerulf Riechstain: I am for a long time enough in the diplomatic service, in order to know that power-crazed persons cannot accept things running against their plans. But believe me, the ICC has possibilities to run rings around this man. These possibilities of course have to conform to the ICC's rules - Which, however, often seem ambiguous for some parliamentary groups involved.

IRRK: The new CEO mentioned also that the battlestations belong to Omni-Tek. This is not part of the press release for the planned arrival of the stations in the orbit of Rubi-Ka. Of course lots of people are irritated by this statement, particularly since it can cause fear if one imagines this powerful weapon in the hands of one obviously ice cold CEO of Omni Tek.

Gerulf Riechstain: Well, I think, Mr. Zora is building castles in the sky here. Fact is that both Omni-Tek and the Clans asked the ICC to support their defence war against the invaders from the universe - If possible with a strong weapon. The ICC followed that request and made the Goliath class battlestations available. Perhaps Mr. Zora believes that Omni-Tek, because the company participated in financing the stations equipment, is automatically the owner of these stations. It is not, under any circumstances, like that. These stations are property of the ICC.

IRRK: It is very reassuring to hear this. If you had to deliver a prediction where Rubi-Ka stands in 2 months after Zora's speech, what would you say?

Gerulf Riechstain: Well, you really can ask difficult questions! I personally don't like to speculate, therefore I would rather like to summarize the present situation of Rubi Ka as I see it. Under no circumstances the inhabitants of Rubi-Ka should panic and turn their backs to this really beautiful planet. CEO Zora is not God, even if he specifies himself a little in such a way at present! There are some interstellar guidelines and laws and we will ensure that everyone on Rubi Ka complies to them wherever we can!
    However no one should blink the fact that this speech will lead to an escalation of raging violence. One should be prepared and not enter the territories of the opposing parliamentary group. For the moment we come face-to-face with the fact that Rubi-Ka heads for war - And this is not in the interest of the ICC. What we want is to make sure that everyone has the Notum needed and therefore it is absolutely necessary that the security situation on Rubi-Ka gets better. We want to prevent war on this planet and we will enforce peace - if needed with methods one or two wont like.
    However, one thing has to be made clear. Ideally we want peace everywhere. But it is not our main task to achieve this. Our key task is to ensure the interests of our enterprises in the ICC, which are active in various galaxies. War is bad for the business and therefore the ICC has an interest to prevent or stop war.

IRRK: Thanks for this interview, Mr. Riechstain!

Gerulf Riechstain: No problem - And all the best! Good bye!

Gerulf is THE MAN baby.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

*claps*
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

*smiles while listening to this interview on her comms frequency finding it some of the only worth while news to come across in some time of her stay in the shadowlands and then returns her comms to silence*

Well, that's a nice bit of talking but I'm still waiting to see what actual actions the ICC takes. There is also the matter of the Omni forces in Borealis, a subject which wasn't even touched on in this interview.

It seems Gerulf Riechstain is more of a pencil pusher than a diplomat. But I guess he did his job, reasuring population. But I presume he'd also have to rustle the weapons to get Mr. Zora's attention.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Dagget i have to agree. Its going to take more than this for me to believe the ICC is still a factor in this situation. Zora i have zero doubt is the type to use weapons of mass destruction to achieve his goals. It may only be a matter of time before he makes unprecedented moves.

This does not change the opinion of the Coven of Hunters nor my personal one when i believe war is coming. We must stand united. The sentinels are ready for war if it comes to it. If ICC is willing to show it has the bite to back up the bark and force OT into a different position then we might just have a chance of avoiding this disaster.

However the amount of time this took is of considerable concern. I understand interstellar delays and all but this is almost a full month later. I have to wonder for the reason for this delay.

Understand We are willing to come to the peace table even if others may not be. But I will not be led by the nose or throw down my weapons when the other side does not do the same.

ICC needs to do less talking and prove its got the bite to back this up if it wants to avert what is going to come.

Alright so there is someone at the ICC after all. I tough the buildings of andromeda were empty now.

What I hope is that there will be a real action to prevent Zora from trying to put square pieces trough round holes, or at least to have him hire a better guy to write his speechs.
    Anyway today a lot of elements of Zora's speech are out. The stations don't belong to him and his precious extermination crusade is a bit stuck.

I'm eager to see what the 20 000 peacekeepers are capable too.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I am with Dagget and Hyperion on this one. If somene told me that so and so was fulla ****, and so and so told me that the first person was also fulla ****, then pretty much the best bet is to believe both of them.

Meanwhile, I am not gunna hold my breath while both of them decide which way to cut the blacktop. Actions speak louder than words, people.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I am surprised ICC is negotiating with the terrorist group Unionists. 4 Holes is Omni-Tek facility. It is also interesting how little weight this person puts to the lawful lease Omni-Tek has, almost to the point of denouncing it while at the same time talking about more ICC troops. If they are not careful, their actions will only destabilize the planet further by not holding on to their agreement with Omni-Tek.

Perhaps Mr Zora has already foreseen this.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

[OOC]
    Therefore we - The actual owners of this planet - Take care that everyone can kick the Alien's arses
    am i good or bad in english?
    caz i think he ment asses XD
    [/OOC]

omni tek owns him (he is patching what Zora missed up with)
    rk is onmi-tek proprty and will always stay
    ICC can't stand in omni-tek's way

we found it and it's potinal, we have the power and the manpower,ICC dayes in rk r numbered
    then the day of the clan will come
    ohh sweet day it will be

long live omni-tek

omni-tek protects
    Last edited by buka; Jan 15th, 2007 at 11:08:14.

((As far as I know its both arse and ass depending if you're american or english. Just like color and colour...I could be wrong though, I'm neither english nor american))
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    I am surprised ICC is negotiating with the terrorist group Unionists. 4 Holes is Omni-Tek facility. It is also interesting how little weight this person puts to the lawful lease Omni-Tek has, almost to the point of denouncing it while at the same time talking about more ICC troops. If they are not careful, their actions will only destabilize the planet further by not holding on to their agreement with Omni-Tek.
    (makes a comment on the wording above)
    "I am surprised ICC is negotiating with the terrorist group Unionists. Borealis is a neutral city, payed for with the blood and sweat of the neutral souls that made the city. It is also interesting how little weight Zora puts on the word "lease" in his speach. As was rightly put, Omni-tek leases Rubika from the ICC, Omni-tek does not own this planet. If they are not careful, Omni-tek with Zora in the lead will only destabilize the planet further by warring with everybody (yes Zora declared war on everyone that is not pro-omni) aka Clan, neutral and alien. The latter is fine, the two first im not that fond of."

((just could not help myself.. it was too tempting Virta ))

Finally some news from ICC.. now if they could also give the "legal" documents that was mentioned after Omni invaded Borealis. Thus suddenly ending their protection of neutrals...
    I love the words from him, but as Bubba said.. Action speak louder then words... and im afraid that soon the only "words" that are heard are the sound of guns...

edit: ark clarification
    ((Thanks Feyde.. hmm.. storywise.. Im a target then.. hehe Due to the Bor incident.))
    Last edited by Moontouch; Jan 18th, 2007 at 16:20:55.
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Look at that utter pile of dribble...it was like watching a trox at a pie eating contest!

Great, look into things...watch things. But quit with that already and get off you backsides and act. The last time Omni-Tek got out of hand and invaded neutral territory (MMD) and looked prised to take Newland, they acted. They spanked Omni-Tek hard, fined, whacked the lease, and put troops down. And I will make sure the deaf fools in the ICC hear this, and it was the promise they made to us....to protect neutral citizens and land from Omni-Tek and Clan aggression.

Now bloody well deal with it you worthless lot, or are the ICC's promises are as utterly worthless as they seem?

Ideally we want peace everywhere. But it is not our main task to achieve this. Our key task is to ensure the interests of our enterprises in the ICC
    And I will recommend you look at what you are hear for....PEACEKEEPING! Fine, not waging war, as no one wants that. But you are Peace Keepers, and you are utterly negating your role and casuing the deaths on innocent people on this planet. And the blood is on your hands as much as it is with those fighting due to your sustained inability to deal with the situation.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by buka View Post
    omni tek owns him (he is patching what Zora missed up with)
    rk is onmi-tek proprty and will always stay
    ICC can't stand in omni-tek's way
    That's a lot of talk, considering those big guns over our heads were built by Sol Banking. Who's to say they don't have revenge in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Moontouch View Post
    "If they are not careful, Omni-tek with Zora in the lead will only destabilize the planet further by warring with everybody (yes Zora declared war on everyone that is not omni) aka Clan, neutral and alien. The latter is fine, the two first im not that fond of."
    Despite how you may have interpreted Zora's speech, Omni-Tek does not have issues against neutrals who are pro-Omni. It's the rest of the lot that should be watching their backs.

((Clarification on this issue was given by the events ARKs on Rimor at the OOC RP meeting last month.))
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

Quote Originally Posted by Feyde View Post
    Despite how you may have interpreted Zora's speech, Omni-Tek does not have issues against neutrals who are pro-Omni. It's the rest of the lot that should be watching their backs.

((Clarification on this issue was given by the events ARKs on Rimor at the OOC RP meeting last month.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    OTPC: Tarkhan Zora's Speech
    December 03, 29480 - [Global]

OTPC - We at OTPC took the Liberty of Recording Tarkhan Zora's "State of the Corporation" speech for your reading:

I can guarantee, that even as we stand here, there are people recording this conversation, ready to pass on to their neutral and clan masters. So know this, Neutrals and Clans; seek employment with Omni-Tek, or seek termination. That is all.
    Oh? Say that again please into my good ear. Despite how you may interpret Zora's speech, I dont see how there can be any misconceptions.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

((This is the part of the Events ARK RP/OOC meeting that I was referring to. This meeting took place a couple of weeks after Zora's speech. Obviously I didn't include the entire meeting, partially because it was six hours long. This is a direct copy/paste regarding the question of Zora and neutrals, so there is a little bit of unrelated chatter before the question is asked. I didn't edit it for content, in case somebody might think I took things out of context. Many thanks to the Events ARKs for taking the time to answer all of our questions. "Devdas" is the Events ARK that hosted the meeting, although other ARKs were present, like Kintaii. I should also say that this meeting took place in Rimor.))

[Vicinity] Foosball33: I have a question in reguards to Zora's speech real quick
    [Vicinity] Kintaii: Plus, it's also not always easy for us to keep track of things happening among the various org websites and such (and we do look, trust me *grin*). The public forums work well in helping us keep track of individual storylines and backgrounds, to further enhance our interaction.
    [Vicinity] Devdas: Ok, back to the row. Feyde, Sabre, Anamelle (was answered already?)
    [Vicinity] Feyde: Um... no, don't think so.
    [Vicinity] Anamelle: I kinda spoke out of turn hehe
    [Vicinity] Devdas: I believe we covered that topic already, so please make it short Foosball.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: Well Saberclaws brings up and intresting point for me, what is the ruling on Omni and Neuts RP wise... is it neuts that dont' side with Omni, or neuts that dont' join omni will be killed?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: as Im' kind of screwed rp wise here
    [Vicinity] Devdas: Neuts that work with clans will be shot on sight like clans, most obviously. Neuts that work with omni are good, Neuts that dont do anything can be ignored or used for target practice, that is to be decided at a case by case basis
    [Vicinity] Sabreclaws: I think it was mostly rhetorics. The blattantly anti-omni neutrals will be hunted, the neutral neutrals won't be bothered with I think. Can't see how they would profit from it
    [Vicinity] Devdas: That is how I would do it as a player
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: thank you
    ((My apologies for this posting being entirely OOC, but I wanted this question to be addressed properly.))
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

(ooc: I really hate posting ooc... but seriously I dont see how that proves anything, nor can be used to draw IG conclusions without it looking like metagaming.)
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...