Thread: Miniaturization nano - a suggestion.

Miniaturization nano - a suggestion.

Ok i dunno how exactly this happened, maybe some bored GM did it , i was at sector 42 before so it might be also one of its unrevealed secrects.

Today my chickenbot looked like this.
    http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8228/scrn0113mz9.png

Now if new Miniaturization nano makes it ingame, it would be very good idea if resize rate looked like on screenshot instead of just 10%
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jan 5th, 2007 at 19:32:12.

Ok so i took this rather unusual opportunity and did some pathing tests (thx Fabricate), since some of us claimed that Widowmaker's pathing is so bad because of its huge model. Well thats not the case. Dog was ALWAYS outrunning the mini-chicken, even on running straight line without any objects on the way.

And when i did few times quick race from Rome Red Grid to Rome Red Whompas - minimonster was there 5 seconds after the dog.

In Belial Forest/Dav - the pet user nightmare areas - dog was pathing perfectly and minichicken was doing as always "i dont know where to go so i'll just run in circles"

Lol, that happens when the pet gets cocooned, for some reason the miniaturization doesn't always wear off when the cocoon is killed. It's even funnier when it happens to the dog.
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

Awwww, how cute. There's a trick/bug where you can shrink yourself to that size that involves a yalm and a graft. Would make a nice screenshot if you could both look tiny like that.

First thing first, this is already in the bug list:

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    t. When a pet is cocooned in apf42, and the engineer dies, the pet still keeps the cocoon nano, but not the cocoon. The main effect visible is 10% size. After the nano is removed, the pet might still remain small (10%).
    New 20/10/06
    As for miniaturization, I never saw this as a solution to the pathing problem. It was meant as a convenience nano, to make it easier to target things without a huge chicken taking half of the screen (and usually the half you are trying to target things in).
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Funny i did quite a lot 42's and it never happened before

Miniaturization is ofc intended as you are saying, but (as i said before) in one of pathing disscusion someone suggested problem with chicken pathing is caused by its huge size, it was supposed to get stuck or just interfere with everything on the way. And this is what i was refering to. :O)

Just got linked to this from the other thread and thought I'd make a funny comment.

should have named it "Widowmaker Battle Chipmunk."
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

This happened back in like version 16~~ at sector 28 at apf bot got cocooned and then i got wtfux general owned before he was let out of it, when i got to garden this is what he looked like, took a re-casting to get him back to normal... really enjoyed it for the sake of my screen while i had him tho

http://www.geocities.com/darkcentarus/MiniKanchi.jpg
    Yes you wish you had a heavily padded overcoat too...
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

I think the pet pathing for the chicken is bad is because they added some natural movement properties like momentum in it.
    Notice how if a chicken runs it can't make a turn as well as a Slayer because it appears too heavy, it has to take a wide turn. If they just remove that physics algorithm i think it would make a big difference already.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

I wish it would work on the dog (that would make it so tiny like an agent) because that's the only pet people b other to kill because they're afraid of it's crazy AR.
    So if you renamed it to yourself, both with similar HP and level, people would have a hard time targeting it without tabbing
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

I don't think people kill the dog because of its crazy ar, but because its easy to kill unlike the widow.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I phht at you, most people kill the dog because yes it is easier to kill and generally it does OD the chicken so killing one means a new unbuffed one that does less damage since most of the time the engies too busy spamming blinds and what have you to buff it properly :P

Mew Mew ^.^

Good thing mobs are too dumb to know this ;]
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Exclamation

http://www.aomainframe.info/nanolist...ssion=Engineer

Nano line 811 :

Miniaturization
    This nano program will reduce the size of the largest engineer robots. Most robots will not be affected. 573 573 15 125

Lesser Miniaturization
    This nano program will reduce the size of the largest engineer robots. Most robots will not be affected. 573 573 12 125

Same reqs on both, cept one is 12 ncu, other is 15..
    in anycase not sure weither its a bug,, but it came with LE
    usually gm nanos dont show on aomainframe or auno unless you
    select show them. If they are in game these nanos,, thank god..
    so tired of looking into the back of the slayer..
    We the Willing, Led by the Unknowing,
    Are doing the Impossible, For the Ungrateful.
    We have done So Much, With So Little,
    For So Long, We are now
    Qualified, To do Anything, With Nothing.

President of Evisystems - Org Forums - Hq, Esbjerg, Denmark.
    Explorer 80% Achiever 73% Socializer 26% Killer 20%
    BITE ME! or i BITE YOU
    - Visit my city

Subject discussed to death already, I wont lock the thread, but there is no need to repeat what's already been said.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Lol <3 noobies they're definitely not GM nanos, they're just a sick joke from our friends at funcom. Bump for a sl pet reflect instead. :P
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.